Sponsored

Sharp turn makes my blinker go to the other direction. Anyone else?

OP
OP
BlazinGTO

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry to say but you are used to the built quality of an almost 20 years old Australian built car (I had a 2005 Black/Black M6 purchased new) and that's way above and beyond what a modern car can offer!

Aint that the truth! The GTO gave me very little trouble over its lifetime. Bought it new and put 156k miles on it with the factory clutch. I've did over 150 passes at the drag strip, numerous autocross events and drove the shit out of it. 3k mile oil changes always. That car was an absolute blast to drive!

I had a paint issue and a water pump replaced under warranty at 58k miles. Later, some things started to get tired and needed replacement, but that's expected in any car. Battery, radiator, evap canister twice, struts all around.

It sat for 2 years and when I sold it a few months ago, we just jumped it and he drove it home.
Sponsored

VGK_Fan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi S5 Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

you're welcome

hand-signal-while-driving.jpg

evilletruck

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hahaha same here it has happened a few times and I thought I was going crazy, " Am I getting that old where I am turning on the wrong turn signal? " "Did I hit the stalk when I was turning?"

Glad to know I am not alone in this and I am not losing my mind

mintypickleman

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

you're welcome

Ford Bronco Sharp turn makes my blinker go to the other direction.  Anyone else? hand-signal-while-drivin
Just tried this method, and same result. Hard right turn and while competing the corner arm lowered and pointed straight out... drove for a few mile before I noticed I was indicating left.

Sponsored

VGK_Fan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi S5 Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just tried this method, and same result. Hard right turn and while competing the corner arm lowered and pointed straight out... drove for a few mile before I noticed I was indicating left.
LOL. I was thinking about that same scenario when I posted

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What is @Ford Motor Company response to this almost 6 month old issue? Started noticing it on my ‘21 2-door base model. Not a big deal, but mildly annoying.

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Happens to me on occasion on sharp right turns at low speed. 7/21 build.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
100% repeatable. Moderately annoying

Wraithracing

Outer Banks
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just found this thread, but my 21 OBX does the same thing. ONLY hard right hand turns quickly merging into traffic and suddenly the left turn signal is flashing. I too thought I had accidentally hit the switch while turning the wheel, but after the first few times, I started paying more attention and made sure that it wasn't from anything I was doing. So as many have stated, definitely something in the switch is allowing or causing it to start the left turn signal after a hard right hand turn and quickly straightening the steering wheel out. Annoying, but not the end of the world. Hopefully Ford will figure this out and put out a TSB and take care of all of us so we don't have to deal with the standard dealership BS of "Can't recreate" I can recreate it every time I leave my office during rush hour traffic. ;)

Last edited:

Sponsored

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Ford Motor Company Do you have any suggestions on how to tell our dealer's about this?
I'm worried if I go in and tell them about this they're gonna be like "leave it here for days while we look at it, then say they can't reproduce it"... I honestly do not think it's a broken part, I think it's a problem from only having the single stalk and it being so heavy...

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What is @Ford Motor Company response to this almost 6 month old issue? Started noticing it on my ‘21 2-door base model. Not a big deal, but mildly annoying.
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

Greggvh

Outer Banks
First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Ram, 18 Charger, 01 Mustang, 98 Firebird
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
UPDATE - We had ours replaced. I think it helped that I messaged Ford directly on here to let them know and that we figured we would have a difficult time with the dealership as many of you have mentioned. I may be wrong but I think they did something so the dealer new right away or we have a really good dealership. Either way we got it replaced and so far it seems to have stopped. Will try to come back with an update in a few weeks…

THANKS FORD PR THAT IS WATCHING THE SITE!!

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
UPDATE - We had ours replaced. I think it helped that I messaged Ford directly on here to let them know and that we figured we would have a difficult time with the dealership as many of you have mentioned. I may be wrong but I think they did something so the dealer new right away or we have a really good dealership. Either way we got it replaced and so far it seems to have stopped. Will try to come back with an update in a few weeks…

THANKS FORD PR THAT IS WATCHING THE SITE!!
If Ford prepped the dealer for what's going on, that would be awesome. And probably the only way I'd take it in to them unless it starts doing it all the time.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It's happened maybe 6 times. 3 times the same place.

I'll be signaling right and stopped. When I go to turn I have to turn sharp because of the curb, a skinny lane, and other cars. As I straighten out, the blinker turns on blinking to the left.

If I remember and plan ahead, it's fine. But I don't always remember or I need to pull out faster because of traffic.

Anyone else experience this? If so then I'll live with it, but if not I guess I'll have to ask the dealer to look at it. It's a bit annoying.
Hi there! Are you still experiencing this concern? If so, would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.
Sponsored