Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you absolutely sure the oil life monitor was reset? Did you have the warning come up 3 months ago as well?

The oil can be changed 100 times but if you never reset the OLM, it will keep counting down from where it left off.
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Within 4k miles, the Bronco told me I was at 3% Oil Life...

last oil change was three months ago

I'd only done a few off-road days so im unsure why it would have been so short.
Yeah sounds like it's calculations are off. Is it possible when you did your oil change It didn't get reset?

I have 4,000 miles on my last oil change and I'm sitting at 83% oil life.

CGCarolinaBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base (Hubby) 2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Within 4k miles, the Bronco told me I was at 3% Oil Life...

last oil change was three months ago

I'd only done a few off-road days so im unsure why it would have been so short.
Every time you start your Bronco it shortens the oil life. Say you just start it and not drive it. This happened to me. I took it to the dealership at 700 miles and they explained this to me. There is a video to restart your oil life online. Very easy to do.

n0xlf

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I noticed this same trend. I have 2 months and about 3k (mostly highway) on my oil change and am at 63%. If it keeps trending that way, so much for my Mobile 1 full synthetic extended performance. I wonder if it takes into account into initial wear at all, since I changed mine around 800. Has 3800 total now..

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Every time you start your Bronco it shortens the oil life. Say you just start it and not drive it. This happened to me. I took it to the dealership at 700 miles and they explained this to me. There is a video to restart your oil life online. Very easy to do.
Hmmmm...that would mean people that leave A.S.S. enabled would have to change their oil a whole lot sooner, no?

Also, you change your oil life via the dash menu.... didn't know you could even do it online.

Sponsored

CGCarolinaBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base (Hubby) 2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hmmmm...that would mean people that leave A.S.S. enabled would have to change their oil a whole lot sooner, no?

Also, you change your oil life via the dash menu.... didn't know you could even do it online.

Its all just compu

You can reset oil life on menu in your Bronco. There is a online video that instructs you on how to change it. Truly your Oil Life is based on mileage. Starting your Bronco to keep battery life also reduces oil life according to the Ford App. But that doesn’t necessarily mean your oil life is accurate. Should be a different way to actually monitor it. No brainer you change your oil based on your mileage. Not sure about online changing it?!?! Just meant the instructions can be found online. 😁

Jeffal

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just did my 15k oil change with 5k intervals and my oil life monitor showed 53% left before I reset it.
Sponsored