Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought it felt fantastic stock, for it's class. I'm not seeing the need.
its solid, but I cant leave anything stock for long
Sponsored

OP
OP
Wade Garrett

Wade Garrett

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FiST
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Unfortunate not. Mustang still uses a physical link to the transmission. Bronco uses a remote cable linkage similar to your Fiesta
Good to know. I’m sure a sandwich plate with adjustable pivot points would do the trick then.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some positive stops would also be nice, I do like them on my T5 equipped mustang. The shifter is nice and has nice throws stock but the first thing I noticed was the top/bottom shift position has this rubbery over extension feel to it...just used to the stop keeping it firm.

Great shifter from the factory

OP
OP
Wade Garrett

Wade Garrett

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FiST
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Some positive stops would also be nice, I do like them on my T5 equipped mustang. The shifter is nice and has nice throws stock but the first thing I noticed was the top/bottom shift position has this rubbery over extension feel to it...just used to the stop keeping it firm.

Great shifter from the factory
That’s where the solid shifter bracket bushings come into play 👍

Sponsored

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Super Cereal though, where are the shifter mods?

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Boomba Racing anything in the works?

We got $$$ to spend and you want it

Sponsored

Denny Swift

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
718 Spyder, 992 GTS, Citroen 2CV, Husky FE350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How many of you have a MT Bronco now? I’m wondering if you feel that the OEM shifter throws are too long or if you just assume they are. Most of what I’ve read says the OEM shifter feel is pretty good. Someone here even measured the throws and they seem pretty short (for a truck) to begin with. I plan on living with mine (if it ever arrives) for a while and then seeing if I think it really needs a short shift kit. A 5” throw would be ridiculously long in a sports car, but it might feel right in a Bronco, especially if it “clicks” into gear without a rubbery feel.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...nual-transmission-shifter-throw-length.15590/

OP
OP
Wade Garrett

Wade Garrett

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FiST
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How many of you have a MT Bronco now? I’m wondering if you feel that the OEM shifter throws are too long or if you just assume they are. Most of what I’ve read says the OEM shifter feel is pretty good. Someone here even measured the throws and they seem pretty short (for a truck) to begin with. I plan on living with mine (if it ever arrives) for a while and then seeing if I think it really needs a short shift kit. A 5” throw would be ridiculously long in a sports car, but it might feel right in a Bronco, especially if it “clicks” into gear without a rubbery feel.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...nual-transmission-shifter-throw-length.15590/
5 inches is absurd in any vehicle for me. I’ve had Foxbody Mustangs, 4th Gen F-Bodies, C5, etc. My current daily is a Fiesta ST and the first thing I did was get a sandwich plate to shorten the throw and solid shifter mount bushings to clean up the factory slop from the rubber grommets and what a difference it made. I’ll go ahead and assume that the Bronco will be the same.

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ill be quite honest @Denny Swift , cars solid as is for me, but also a modder, so cant keep it stock for long

Throws aint bad for me, but you know it can be a lot better too

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Surprised @Ford Motor Company hasnt had ford racing development short shifters and stainless steel clutch lines for it
Sponsored