Sponsored

Should I be nervous about this request from my dealer?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
C-dubb:
I would be skeptical as well. Dealers have proven that not all can be trusted.

If we have to reorder for 2023 model, can we change dealers? I guess not but???

The reason I ask is that, if we can, it would give the buyer a little leverage and make it easier to get a price agreement. If Ford would allow it, wouldn’t that be nice?
Your reservation means nearly nothing. Allocation and the place in the queue assigned by your particular dealer are far more important.

Example:
Day 1 reservation 1st hour, small dealer, priority 19, allocation of 10 Broncos.

Dealer has 100 friends/family who he has made priority 10, some of which are much later reservations or even without reservations.

All of those priority 10 orders will be considered for building before your priority 19 order. If you are lucky, less than 9 of the priority 10 orders are clean and scheduled. At which point, provided you have a buildable order, you get scheduled.

Another example:
May 4th 2021 order, no reservation, slightly larger dealer, priority 19, allocation of 20 Broncos.

All orders were priority 19, only 20 orders were submitted, and all were buildable including your OBX adv4x4 2.7 2d MIC, LUX, and TOW. VIN assigned 20 days later, scheduled to day for 60 days later.

It depends on the dealers queue and the allocation available to your dealer. So starting a new order has been a strategy used by some to get a Bronco sooner, rather than later.

So, you might keep your existing order in line at your current dealership...

But if you really needed a vehicle sooner rather than later, it would make a lot of sense to place another order with a high volume dealer which has the allocation and the ability to fill your order (especially if they are willing to make your order a priority at their dealership or if they have enough allocation to cover the entire queue).
Sponsored

OP
OP
c-dubb

c-dubb

Raptor
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Thanks for all the good advice guys! I'm going to try heading in there today.