Sponsored

What questions should I ask my dealer about my order?

HammyFresh

Wildtrak
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi all, apologies if this has been asked before but couldn't find it via searching the forum.

I never had a reservation and contacted a local dealer of mine shortly before the 2022 banks opened. My build is 2dr Wildtrak, Modular Steel Bumper, WildTrak decal, High package, tow package... The salesperson told me he ordered it for me, but my card still hasn't been charged the $100 he told me it would take to reserve it. On top of that I haven't received any communication from Ford directly. I asked if I could track the order somehow, the sales guy told me "As soon as I get a VIN number you can". He also stated I was looking at 6-12 months, which after looking at this forum I'm not super hopeful on.

At this point I don't really know what questions to ask or buttons to push to get actual information. If I can't get ahold of a Bronco in 2022, I'll likely just bite the bullet and get a 4runner or something. Thoughts on how to proceed with the dealer and overall?
Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you had placed a reservation through Ford then Ford would have collected your refundable $100 at time of reservation. But some dealers collect deposits by check and the undeposited check is clipped to paperwork when you take delivery. This dealer could be same with cc. Maybe they just collect the numbers but do not run the card. Handshakes are worth their weight in gold.

Communication from Ford is spotty at best even for those who did reserve. You probably will not at best get any emails from Ford until your vehicle is scheduled for production. There will be no tracking of the vehicle until the VIN is issued

Last edited:

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

And (in my opinion) there are better alternatives to the Bronco than a 4runner. Not in any particular order

Defender
Pathfinder (2022)
Discovery Sport with water depth monitoring option
Outback Wilderness (2022 - only thing I dislike about it is the CVT)
Explorer Timberline
Bronco SPORT (don't forget the baby B)

IN unconventional 4 door

Maverick plugin hybrid although it is 2wd only
Jeep Gladiator

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ask your dealer for a confirmation from Ford or an order number. He should be able to give you that. Then at least you can see it has an order and waiting for scheduling.
Sponsored