Sponsored

Should I be nervous about this request from my dealer?

c-dubb

Raptor
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Hey folks, just wanting to get the hive mind's thoughts on this text conversation with my dealer. This guy has been relatively good to work with and I don't have any particular reason to suspect funny business from him (although you can see my other thread about another guy at the dealership who offered to flip my priority code to "10" for $1k).

Anyway, my texts are in blue below. I just don't want to do something that's going to set me further back. I'm Badlands w/ sasquatch, 2.7, lux, tow, hardtop. Reserved 4/13/21, converted to a '22 that October, and I'm getting so tired of waiting without any end in sight. I've read enough horror stories on here and would hate to realize later that a simple request like this ended up being the misstep that cost me my ride.

dealerconvo.png
Sponsored

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't understand the need for a copy of your drivers license, but wouldn't consider that a warning sign.
We will have to re-submit our (unfilled) orders once the 2023 order banks open up. That's tentatively supposed to happen Aug 15.
I'll suggest waiting until then to update your order. Better if you go to the dealer in person and get a signed price quote while you are there and confirm the details.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So, ask about price protection... That's what they danced around.

Also, where in line at that dealership vs allocation. You won't get shit if they don't have enough allocation.

I am number 426 at Granger currently, that almost guarantees that I won't see a 2023 allocation, but I am looking good for 2024!

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If close enough by I would also just stop in. Now in my case I bought my bronco in Jan. We bought my wifeā€™s in may. They needed all my info again. I asked the same thing donā€™t you have it on file. They said nope we shred everything person info related after 30 days.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No worries about the text exchange. Yes, they may have your file, but it is probably easier for you to convey a photo of your DL than for them to reference their files for the information. As long as the order doesn't change and retains a record of your original order date, then you should be price protected as long as Ford continues to offer it for MY'23.

Sponsored

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

like others said dont know why they need all that info .I have placed orders in 21 and 22 and all my dealer needed was a build sheet .

Briley

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No worries about the text exchange. Yes, they may have your file, but it is probably easier for you to convey a photo of your DL than for them to reference their files for the information. As long as the order doesn't change and retains a record of your original order date, then you should be price protected as long as Ford continues to offer it for MY'23.
Heā€™s a month late on getting price protection. Iā€™m in the same boat and reserved and ordered 4/17.

BenderSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Suge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey folks, just wanting to get the hive mind's thoughts on this text conversation with my dealer. This guy has been relatively good to work with and I don't have any particular reason to suspect funny business from him (although you can see my other thread about another guy at the dealership who offered to flip my priority code to "10" for $1k).

Anyway, my texts are in blue below. I just don't want to do something that's going to set me further back. I'm Badlands w/ sasquatch, 2.7, lux, tow, hardtop. Reserved 4/13/21, converted to a '22 that October, and I'm getting so tired of waiting without any end in sight. I've read enough horror stories on here and would hate to realize later that a simple request like this ended up being the misstep that cost me my ride.

Ford Bronco Should I be nervous about this request from my dealer? dealerconvo
2023 order banks haven't opened yet, plus your DL is not necessary for Ford to accept your order.

Did you have to provide that info too when orders were bumped from 2021 to 2022?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This is how aliens will penetrate the deep, deep recesses of your soul.

That string looks creepy AF. Wear a chastity belt and go into the dealership in person. And see what sort of crazy games they play.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Heā€™s a month late on getting price protection. Iā€™m in the same boat and reserved and ordered 4/17.
Good catch. I didn't pay attention to the actual date of original order. My overall comment is to convey confidence in the process and text exchange. I have/had 3 different orders with 3 different dealers. Each required the DL at the time of order. Every order was via text/email.

JBTHERAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜24 Highlander, ā€˜15 Taurus, ā€˜18 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
C-dubb:
I would be skeptical as well. Dealers have proven that not all can be trusted.

If we have to reorder for 2023 model, can we change dealers? I guess not but???

The reason I ask is that, if we can, it would give the buyer a little leverage and make it easier to get a price agreement. If Ford would allow it, wouldnā€™t that be nice?

Frankbronc

Black Diamond
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco, 2020 Ford Mustang GT 500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
At this point I would be worried about anything and everything- lol. Lots of scams/lies going on. My vehicle was built on 1/24/22 and sat under snow for three months. Stated the same as pretty much everybody else - chip shortage BS. Finally reached the dealership on 7/21/22. I got a real strange text from my sales person saying the vehicle will be arriving the following day and that he would let me know when it arrived. Coincidentally I was just five minutes away from the dealership when he texted and as I was passing by I spotted my vehicle on the grounds. I went in to inspect and holy moly, what a mess!! The outside and undercarriage was full of snow muck and spots of rust all over the undercarriage and frame. The inside of the car was filthy and had lots of salt in it. The vehicle arrived with 90 miles on the odometer. Two panels on the vehicle have junk under the clearcoat and a small paint chip on a fender. Bronco looked like it was three years old. I instantly reached out to the sales person which acted surprised and when he walked outside and looked at the vehicle all he can say was OMG! Then they opened a claim to charge the delivery company with all the damage. Ridiculous. This poor guy probably drove the vehicle a total of 1/4 mile and they want to blame him for the damage. I instantly argued it was not the shipping company and Ford drove this vehicle in Michigan for 90 miles. You can tell people were getting in and out of the vehicle at all four doors as they scraped all the plastic panels with their shoes while getting in and out. Quality control is obviously a major problem at Fortd. Then, I couldnā€™t take delivery of the vehicle because thereā€™s a recall on the windshield adhesive. They tried to pull a fast one with that one as well. Itā€™s supposed to be four hours of labor according to Ford recall 22c12 paperwork. They started in the morning and at 3 PM I get another text from the sales person saying they could not give me the vehicle till Friday. I showed up at the dealership to find out my vehicle was in the collision center and they wanted to paint the frame around the windshield. Absolutely not! The recall does not call for any paint work whatsoever. Opened a claim with Ford immediately. The next day they had my vehicle ready by 2 PM and wanted me to get it out of there immediately which I obviously wouldā€™ve taken it The same day it arrived if possible. Canā€™t trust Ford , and definitely canā€™t trust the stealership! Good luck with your vehicle

703D32D4-0485-4CF0-B92C-47041CD98531.jpeg

6E09A918-2831-4EC6-8A4D-C87D70B64B00.jpeg

6BBA4F62-35AE-494F-8C62-9A9360CB0DED.jpeg

9A38D5E7-1289-475D-BFD5-6C7159185A24.jpeg

Last edited:

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dealership wants your DL because Ford is finally cracking down (very slightly) on name match. That wouldn't worry me.

Bigger issue is that your sales guy "thinks he knows" that you need to reorder for 2023 when there are 5 more weeks of unscheduled builds.

Since you ordered a Badlands, it's likely. But your sales guy doesn't actually know anything and is making stuff up. And nobody will actually know until Ford schedules for the last week of October and actually balances out the MY22 orders.

My reservation is 5 days before yours (12 April 2021) and is actually scheduled to be built. Base 2-door. Badlands could be more or less constrained depending on if you ordered a 2 or 4 door, and if a 4 whether you ordered a MIC or squish top.
Sponsored