Sponsored

Should I change my build?

Poll: Stay with my current build or switch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tripodbruno

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma(no more) F-250, Hiker Trailer, Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have agonized over switching my build. Help me out. As of the order banks closing 3/7 I was ~99 back on my dealers order list, most having similarly constraint heavy builds like me (they have been delivering ~10/month.) I think I started around 200 in line back when production started June '21. Given everything in the Bronco/Ford world and the Global mess (no politics) occurring- Should I change my build to get built sooner? My thought process is that by switching I will move up in line quicker and avoid most the allocation/constraint issues, save close to $15K (would be able to apply to aftermarket goodies,) and still get the majority of the off-road capability- lockers etc... I almost placed a second order but thought I would avoid muddying the order banks. I am a late res but early order date with a mid-high volume dealer.

Current build: 2 door badlands 2.7L SaS HD, Mod bumper, High, Tow, eruption green,

Proposed change: 2 door base 2.3 Auto (S/O needs to be able to drive it) Sas, Aux switches, eruption green?
Sponsored

Fordv8

Wildtrak
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I keep hearing from Ford to drop the tow pkg. I did , still nothing. I have a Wildtrak on order. Week 1 Reservation. We are coming up on 2 years why change now. That's what I say , other than the tow pkg. Good luck 🤞

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can give you many, many great reasons for your Badlands build but none for your Base.

Last edited:

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why not drop the High Package, 2.7L, and Modular bumper to lower the cost instead?

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't think changing anything moves anyone anywhere anymore. Get what you want, but i totally support base sasquatch

Fwiw, i have base sasquatch and there is a whole crew pushed back to the end of the line, so i don't think it will help

See 5/9 build week thread
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/5-9-build-week-group-mansquatch-week.37626/

Probably the more profit you can give Ford the faster your build, but i think it's been that way from the beginning

Last edited:

Sponsored

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Double check your price protection impact by changing this. Pull up the Granger March update for info and specifics.

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess it comes down to what you absolutely "need." Personally, I wanted MGV and I Lux. My only choice was a Badlands. I wouldn't compromise to get it sooner as you have waited so long. It will be worth it.

MyBroncoNotYours

Badlands
First Name
Good Try FBI
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You’ll regret not ordering what you wanted. Find out what you truly want and keep with it.

I’d recommend dropping the tow package, SAS, and 2.7 in that order if you were to do anything and keep the badlands.

SAS is going to delay you but isn’t even needed on the badlands, all it is on the BL is a 1/2” raise on the suspension and barely better tires/rims. If you’re already talking after market parts, why are you adding the SAS?

The 2.7 is going to be constrained because they keep failing in the field. They will be delayed due to replacements needed and another reason to not get the 2.7.

Now you’ve saved yourself thousands of dollars.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've said from the get-go: Stick with what you want and order it "right" from the factory. If that's a Badlands, get the Badlands. You'll regret it later if you don't.

The only thing I changed on mine was a soft top (originally ordered a MIC). And that's something I don't regret doing as I will likely take the top off more often, and ultimately it's a fairly simple change down the road, if I so choose.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I really wanted the washout floor/seats, that was the main reason for looking at the BL (sas). The price difference around $11k over the Base/SAS/2.7, not needing or wanting the frills, I could never justify the extra cost. Just so you know, the sas system has 3 constraints alone, and I wouldn't be willing to drop such a major component as the 2.7 in hopes that it "may" speed up the process. I don't know that the Mod bumper is a constraint, so if you wanted it on the Badlands, I'd put it on the Base.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tripodbruno

Tripodbruno

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why not drop the High Package, 2.7L, and Modular bumper to lower the cost instead?
I may, my thought process here is to go between 2 extremes. A stripped badlands doesn't seem too different in price vs. the difference to a minimally optioned base. Doing this seems fairly wide. My build is MSRP ~$54K and the base build comes in just over $39K. Doing what you propose only drops it to around $50K-still an option.

OP
OP
Tripodbruno

Tripodbruno

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks everyone for the input. I will likely not change-unless I'm doing a change for a '23 build. Even then still tough to give up the dream build. I have tried several different trims at events- they honestly are all great.

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 9/3/20 res. Badlands, Sas, High, 2.7, MIC top, block heater, eruption green ordered. Called sales manager about a month ago and asked him to drop the tow package. He said he was interested to see if it did anything. He sent me a message earlier today that mine got pulled. No other orders that they have were pulled.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have agonized over switching my build. Help me out. As of the order banks closing 3/7 I was ~99 back on my dealers order list, most having similarly constraint heavy builds like me (they have been delivering ~10/month.) I think I started around 200 in line back when production started June '21. Given everything in the Bronco/Ford world and the Global mess (no politics) occurring- Should I change my build to get built sooner? My thought process is that by switching I will move up in line quicker and avoid most the allocation/constraint issues, save close to $15K (would be able to apply to aftermarket goodies,) and still get the majority of the off-road capability- lockers etc... I almost placed a second order but thought I would avoid muddying the order banks. I am a late res but early order date with a mid-high volume dealer.

Current build: 2 door badlands 2.7L SaS HD, Mod bumper, High, Tow, eruption green,

Proposed change: 2 door base 2.3 Auto (S/O needs to be able to drive it) Sas, Aux switches, eruption green?
[/QUOTE
You mentioned allocation constrains.

If the issues is dealer allocation changing your order isn’t going to make a difference unless ford changed something. or did I miss something?

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went through the same decision process (also adding the BD) and landed on your exact build so I can only say 2 door Badlands 2.7L SaS HD, Mod bumper, High, Tow
Sponsored