Sponsored

Should I even bother dropping tow package?

76FordBronco

Badlands
First Name
Tiger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am confused. How could you be a 1/17/20 reservation when they didn't start taking reservations until July?
Typo...7/17/20. Thanks for catching that.
Sponsored

rblock50

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
First off War Eagle!

I was a 7/17/20 Resv and holding out for the hardtop and tow package. However, since the Bronco was my 50TH bday present form my wife, I decided to go ahead and place my order and dropped both. I place my order 12/3/21 and it was scheduled for build 1/31/22 with an actual built on 2/16 and delivered 2/25 with pickup on 2/26. I do feel that not having the tow package help get my build quicker. BL, 2.7, SAS. LUX. VB. Drove it for 4 days before dropping of for tint and PPF. Cant wait to get it back.

I will add an aftermarket hitch at some point and hopefully by the time I do a company will have a direct fit 7 pin solution.

As far as hardtop goes, you don't have the choice of going soft (imo, sucks) so that may still be a hold for your build. Therefore, it might be worth the wait for both tow and hardtop. If tow was the only constraint, and it was me I would drop it.

Hope that helps.
Wow, that was quick! Where did you order it from? Or was it fast because you had your early res back in 2020? Doesn't seem to be any real rhyme-or-reason to these orders MIC/No-Mic, Hitch/No-Hitch, etc, etc. Maybe its all some sort of social experiment to see what will make us all break lol.

76FordBronco

Badlands
First Name
Tiger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow, that was quick! Where did you order it from? Or was it fast because you had your early res back in 2020? Doesn't seem to be any real rhyme-or-reason to these orders MIC/No-Mic, Hitch/No-Hitch, etc, etc. Maybe its all some sort of social experiment to see what will make us all break lol.
Ordered from Woody Anderson in Huntsville, AL. I mainly believe it is because I went with the soft top and no tow package. I'm sure that if I would have kept those 2 items I would still be waiting.

bruce 1

Outer Banks
First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford transit
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am not going to drop the tow off my order i also didn't drop the MIC hardtop when my dealer wanted me to I want what I want and I am not going to settle for less so I know im going to have to wait . But im glad other people are going to drop the tow maybe that will help me get mine faster.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fortunately, even though I reserved a Bronco in August of 2020, my situation allowed me to wait for the Bronco I wanted. Ordering a two door automatically placed me at the rear of the line. I made three changes to my original order. First, changed the color from CG to CO. Plus $595. A while later, dropped tow, minus $595. Dropped tow because I was never going to tow, and I just needed a receiver. After market receiver plus $100. Last change, went from 2.7 to 2.3 minus $1895. Changed because of the growing number of 2.7 suffering catastrophic failure. None of these changes were made to speed up acquisition. In fact, the motor change was made when my order was previewing. I may not have received ” MY” Bronco back in the summer of 2021, but I am about to receive “ The Bronco I wanted”.

Wamland

Outer Banks
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dropped my tow and hard top and my truck is in the driveway. If you can wait and really need those things then by all means hold on. I didn’t have that option but I’m completely happy with my truck.
I also didn’t want to miss out on my color as that was more important and getting discontinued
Sponsored