Sponsored

Should I just add the Tow Package at this point?

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hey Everyone,

I've been debating adding the tow package.

I understand that a lot of people have removed it to increase their chances of getting an earlier build date but i've been waiting so long at this point and I feel like the tow package wouldn't really impact my build. I've also already purchased a beater to get me around for summer.

I still have yet to receive a build date and I'm a 7/13 10:35 PM Eastern reservation time.

Bronco 2 Door
Badlands
Sasquatch Package
2.7L EcoBoost® Engine
10-Speed SelectShift Automatic Transmission
High Package
Roof Rails with Crossbars

Just curious what other think.
Would adding the tow package delay me even more? Or is it the other components in my build that are the greater problem?
Hey James add the tow package. I am here in Detroit and have first hand knowledge that the tow package isn’t the biggest commodity restraint for a two door, it’s the mic hard top and will be unfortunately for some time. The analogy I would use is that if a group of people are being chased by a bear you don’t have to be the fastest person, you just have to be faster than the slowest lol. The tow package is not the slowest person in the group running from the bear, it’s the mic top. FYI I have a two door first edition with tow package and I still haven’t received any build info yet.
Sponsored

Bronco-ocnorB

Big Bend
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes...Bronco!

MyBroncoNotYours

Badlands
First Name
Good Try FBI
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From the start my ideology has been: order what you want, don’t make sacrifices due to these constraints.

Short and simple, if Ford gets the components to schedule vehicles with the tow package, they will use those parts as soon as possible. So even if you’re next in line without it, you’ll be skipped. Automotive wants to keep as little stock of components as possible. That’s the whole point of JIT. It is because of this that I don’t believe they are even remotely trying to go by reservation order due to the constraints they have.

Also this makes me feel doomed...2dr badlands, 2.3L Manual, high package, tow and roof rails. Except I placed my order at the end of April...I didn’t expect this year but was hoping by summer 2022.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From the start my ideology has been: order what you want, don’t make sacrifices due to these constraints.

Short and simple, if Ford gets the components to schedule vehicles with the tow package, they will use those parts as soon as possible. So even if you’re next in line without it, you’ll be skipped. Automotive wants to keep as little stock of components as possible. That’s the whole point of JIT. It is because of this that I don’t believe they are even remotely trying to go by reservation order due to the constraints they have.

Also this makes me feel doomed...2dr badlands, 2.3L Manual, high package, tow and roof rails. Except I placed my order at the end of April...I didn’t expect this year but was hoping by summer 2022.
This is my build except rack. I got scheduled but then pushed repeatedly.

MyBroncoNotYours

Badlands
First Name
Good Try FBI
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is my build except rack. I got scheduled but then pushed repeatedly.
That’s not too bad then! Reinstates my understanding that the 2.7 is more constrained than the 2.3 or maybe it’s due to the transmission.

Sponsored

ColtN0ir

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm a solid believer that people should order what they want and not compromise just to "maybe, kinda, sorta, could possibly" get a bronco a couple months earlier...that's a lot of money to spend on something you don't want. but hey, it's their money

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey Everyone,

I've been debating adding the tow package.

I understand that a lot of people have removed it to increase their chances of getting an earlier build date but i've been waiting so long at this point and I feel like the tow package wouldn't really impact my build. I've also already purchased a beater to get me around for summer.

I still have yet to receive a build date and I'm a 7/13 10:35 PM Eastern reservation time.

Bronco 2 Door
Badlands
Sasquatch Package
2.7L EcoBoost® Engine
10-Speed SelectShift Automatic Transmission
High Package
Roof Rails with Crossbars

Just curious what other think.
Would adding the tow package delay me even more? Or is it the other components in my build that are the greater problem?
Compared to the "constrained" Sasquatch & 2.7 , the tow package seems rather a inconsequential constraint to me! But constraints seem to come and go. Personally, I stick with my order and take my chances, and I've found the dealer helpful.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm a solid believer that people should order what they want and not compromise just to "maybe, kinda, sorta, could possibly" get a bronco a couple months earlier...that's a lot of money to spend on something you don't want. but hey, it's their money
Straight from the Jedi Council.

Sponsored

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As much as your paying get what ya want!!!!!

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm a solid believer that people should order what they want and not compromise just to "maybe, kinda, sorta, could possibly" get a bronco a couple months earlier...
The problem is one doesn't know whether your compromise saves you just "a couple months" vs 6, 12 or 18...and Ford isn't able to tell you. :mad:

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As others have said, you're in deep with more "deadly sins" so you may as well stick with the tow package if that's what you want.

BTW, in another post I ask why in the world would a simple tow hitch be on constraint. I was told (I guess they were correct) that it was because of the chip shortage. How a computer chip affects a tow package is beyond me though.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No point in trying to game the system, lots of people have been getting exactly what they want without compromises. I have a VIN number and I have most of the deadly sins, granted, I have been pushed once from 7//26 to 8/2 (and will likely get pushed some more) but I ordered exactly what I wanted and I intend to get what I ordered.

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

As others have said, you're in deep with more "deadly sins" so you may as well stick with the tow package if that's what you want.

BTW, in another post I ask why in the world would a simple tow hitch be on constraint. I was told (I guess they were correct) that it was because of the chip shortage. How a computer chip affects a tow package is beyond me though.
Yes it’s the chip shortage affecting the tow package and not the $10 worth of steel being bolted onto the back bumper.
Sponsored