Sponsored

Should I just add the Tow Package at this point?

dmillerspc

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey Everyone,

I've been debating adding the tow package.

I understand that a lot of people have removed it to increase their chances of getting an earlier build date but i've been waiting so long at this point and I feel like the tow package wouldn't really impact my build. I've also already purchased a beater to get me around for summer.

I still have yet to receive a build date and I'm a 7/13 10:35 PM Eastern reservation time.

Bronco 2 Door
Badlands
Sasquatch Package
2.7L EcoBoost® Engine
10-Speed SelectShift Automatic Transmission
High Package
Roof Rails with Crossbars

Just curious what other think.
Would adding the tow package delay me even more? Or is it the other components in my build that are the greater problem?
You should call Ford customer service and ask. They are nice and very helpful. (800) 392-3673
Sponsored

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey Everyone,

I understand that a lot of people have removed it to increase their chances of getting an earlier build date but i've been waiting so long at this point and I feel like the tow package wouldn't really impact my build. I've also already purchased a beater to get me around for summer.

I still have yet to receive a build date and I'm a 7/13 10:35 PM Eastern reservation time.

Bronco 2 Door
Badlands
Sasquatch Package
2.7L EcoBoost® Engine
High Package

Would adding the tow package delay me even more? Or is it the other components in my build that are the greater problem?
I would add it back. I am a 7/14 reservation date with a 2 door , lux, leather, tow, advanced 4x4. Dealer said probably fall but I got a vin number last week. Order what you want . I think Ford is trying to get the early reservations out .

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm 7/15, I have the tow package and mic, and according to the backdoor page I'm scheduled for 6/6

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Removing tow is not good if you desire the seven pin connector. If you do you will regret it and regret it forever.

Sponsored

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I took the tow off my build, put it back and almost immediately got a VIN, so who knows. Just get what you want and let the chips fall where they may.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford Bronco Should I just add the Tow Package at this point? 52670-1351696218-2c5df31a6745dc132c3f39a55412ae24

The last post was 10 months ago...
I would add it back. I am a 7/14 reservation date with a 2 door , lux, leather, tow, advanced 4x4. Dealer said probably fall but I got a vin number last week. Order what you want . I think Ford is trying to get the early reservations out .
Also, the OP has had his Bronco for months now, so any advice in this thread is no longer relevant… 💁🏻‍♂️

Hornet

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey Everyone,

Bronco 2 Door
Badlands
Sasquatch Package
2.7L EcoBoost® Engine
High Package

Dont add it. Towing is a real issue. You can add it once you take delivery. You dealership can likely do it or can recommend someone that can. And for about the same price.

jcgcbns22

Outer Banks
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

CURT C42WR T-connector, 4-pole connection: Full on mare with my aftermarket tow kit (CURT). Made for 2021 Bronco wiring harness defective after $264 install cost (hitch and wiring). Utility trailer picked up yesterday, no lights. 4 pin plug replaced, lights work, but do not turn off. Unplugging is the only way to get lights on the trailer off! Not supposed to be this complicated. A ground, power direct form battery and 4 pin plug. Frustrating as hell.

Busterbronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT Premium and 1982 F100 Short Bed.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No you can install all that stuff for half the cost. it isnt a difficult job.

Sponsored

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
CURT C42WR T-connector, 4-pole connection: Full on mare with my aftermarket tow kit (CURT). Made for 2021 Bronco wiring harness defective after $264 install cost (hitch and wiring). Utility trailer picked up yesterday, no lights. 4 pin plug replaced, lights work, but do not turn off. Unplugging is the only way to get lights on the trailer off! Not supposed to be this complicated. A ground, power direct form battery and 4 pin plug. Frustrating as hell.
Not sure what tail lights you have but this video may apply in your situation.

2021-2022 Ford Bronco - How To Fix Curt Trailer Hitch Wire Harness To Work With Halogen Tail Lights

Mike E

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands SAS 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I waited for all of the deadly 7 items….I’m glad I did….no compromise. It’s well worth it…..

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I waited for all of the deadly 7 items….I’m glad I did….no compromise. It’s well worth it…..
100% agreed

Brownmule247

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion, Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey Everyone,

Bronco 2 Door
Badlands
Sasquatch Package
2.7L EcoBoost® Engine
High Package

I ordered my Wildtrak with the tow package and refused to remove it when the dealer asked me if I wanted to. I told them I would not compromise what I wanted.

Brownmule247

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion, Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Agreed!
Sponsored