First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I pulled the trigger 7 days too early and paid the price. I placed my order for a fully loaded Bad Sas, with hardtop and leather, Lux, Mod Bumper, Tow Package. The day after placing my order, the dealer called to say he had a 22 Bronco on the lot with soft top and MGV, but everything else I ordered, it was even Area 51, which I ordered. Not knowing if my order would ever come in after waiting almost 3 years, I said I would buy it. After already buying 6 cars from this dealer over the years, he still charged me $15k over MSRP. Sticker was $60k ish, I paid $75k. Days later I get an email from Ford that my order is in production. 90 days later I get an email saying it is complete and being shipped to the dealer. MSRP on the 23 I ordered is $64k ish. Ford is honoring the PP, which means I can buy it for $60k ish. The dealer is only willing to give me $60k ish on the Bronco I bought 90 days ago for $75k. Trading it in is not a good option and I don’t want to sell it private party. Out of spite and principle, I plan on taking delivery of my ordered Bronco. I refuse to walk away from this vehicle and let the dealer flip it for $20k over MSRP. Just sucks I gave up 7 days early and paid $15k over. Also sucks I’ll now have two fully loaded Bad Sas, in Area 51, one with soft top and one in hardtop.
Sponsored

2021AreaFiftyOneOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That hurts... I had a similar experience with mine. Bought one off the lot (for a $6k ADM) and I got my 'Scheduled' email the next day. I ended up keeping the one I bought off the lot and completely passing on my order. No regrets, but they were both very similar builds and both had MIC, Lux and leather. The only difference on mine was I kept the A51 2.7 - my order was a Carb Gray 2.3.

ブロンコ

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 | Black Diamond | 35-Inch M/T | 2-Door | 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If it makes you feel any better, the MGV is better than leather mostly because it comes with the washout floorboards (which are awesome). I have a hard top on my 2door and wish I had a soft top. Hardtop looks nice but soft is way more convenient.

JJ Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I wasn't sure, are you getting the second Bronco at MSRP and for sure No ADM?

Also, why not swap the hard top from the second one and just sell the second for basically what you paid but you got a "free" hard top for your troubles.

Last edited:

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What is it about the simple private sell that makes folks butt pucker? I don’t get it.

Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, the $15k ADM is lost and I don’t think CA gives tax break on trade so you would have to pay another $4k in taxes for the new Bronco just to get a hard top and a one model year newer Vehicle. Check the actual trade and private party value on your current Bronco. Maybe it’s worth more than $60k? I know the market had softened a lot. Some People are getting Broncos off the lot at MSRP now.

OP
OP

Berkekey

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At the end of the day, I’ll likely walk away from my order. My wife and I really like the soft top and MGV that we have now. It’s more practical for off-road adventures. It just really pisses me off to see the “stealership” make $15k over MSRP on the one I bought off the lot and an another $15k+ on the order I’m walking away from. The whole experience has left a bad taste in my mouth for the dealership and Ford. On a positive note, I absolutely love my Bronco!

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I pulled the trigger 7 days too early and paid the price. I placed my order for a fully loaded Bad Sas, with hardtop and leather, Lux, Mod Bumper, Tow Package. The day after placing my order, the dealer called to say he had a 22 Bronco on the lot with soft top and MGV, but everything else I ordered, it was even Area 51, which I ordered. Not knowing if my order would ever come in after waiting almost 3 years, I said I would buy it. After already buying 6 cars from this dealer over the years, he still charged me $15k over MSRP. Sticker was $60k ish, I paid $75k. Days later I get an email from Ford that my order is in production. 90 days later I get an email saying it is complete and being shipped to the dealer. MSRP on the 23 I ordered is $64k ish. Ford is honoring the PP, which means I can buy it for $60k ish. The dealer is only willing to give me $60k ish on the Bronco I bought 90 days ago for $75k. Trading it in is not a good option and I don’t want to sell it private party. Out of spite and principle, I plan on taking delivery of my ordered Bronco. I refuse to walk away from this vehicle and let the dealer flip it for $20k over MSRP. Just sucks I gave up 7 days early and paid $15k over. Also sucks I’ll now have two fully loaded Bad Sas, in Area 51, one with soft top and one in hardtop.
Considering Ford's latest plays with MY2023/24, I'd take possession of the other one and sell it. Just haul it off the dealer's lot and keep it under a roof. It looks like there will be a major shortage, and I don't see demand letting up--except that some people are predicting a 2023 recession.
So you can sell it for love, or money, or both. Make somebody happy. I promise you: post it on Bronco6G at your cost, plus sales tax, plates, minimum insurance, and you'll get a buyer fast. Consider adding your own adm (maybe $10K?) to make up for what you paid for your current ride. Play with the numbers, check the auction sites for who's paying for what. You're in a very fortunate position.

ORbronco

Raptor
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 Bronco, 22 Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Before I opened this thread I thought it would be an earlier gen and a gen6. I thought no brainer. Then I read it and I thought sell the 23 l. But overall first world problems right? Either way you win.

JCSmith

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’d tell them that you intend to buy the 2nd Bronco as well, but would be willing to negotiate a “walk away” price?
You may not be even in the end, but in this situation you would seem to have most of the leverage.
If they refuse, simply flip it and make several grand for yourself.
I’d also never use that dealer again.

Sponsored

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Take a deep breath.

you aren’t a dealer and the market has shifted.

keep the one you paid 75k for and cut your losses.

60k out of spite is not smart financial move especially being driven by emotions (spite).

think this through and consider have a. Chat with the dealer and ask them to meet you half way. Maybe pay few k more for new one but get few k more trade in.

whatever you do think it through and act when not having emotions involved.

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is it about the simple private sell that makes folks butt pucker? I don’t get it.
He's not gonna get 75k or even close to that for a used Bronco with an MSRP of 60k. Gonna take that 10-15k loss no matter what. Or let the other one go and keep the one he's got. ADM fees are garbage. That dealer would never get my business for that shady ass practice. Not sure why people pay these fees?

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At the end of the day, I’ll likely walk away from my order. My wife and I really like the soft top and MGV that we have now. It’s more practical for off-road adventures. It just really pisses me off to see the “stealership” make $15k over MSRP on the one I bought off the lot and an another $15k+ on the order I’m walking away from. The whole experience has left a bad taste in my mouth for the dealership and Ford. On a positive note, I absolutely love my Bronco!
Please add your dealer to the Shady Dealers thread. They are clearly a place to stay away from. You shouldn't be as loyal to them because they are fleecing you. You have options.

Reactions: GAN

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Please add your dealer to the Shady Dealers thread. They are clearly a place to stay away from. You shouldn't be as loyal to them because they are fleecing you. You have options.
This isn’t as bad as surprise ADM on an ordered Bronco but still doesn’t feel good.
They will be lucky to get $5k ADM now though.
Sponsored