Sponsored

Show me your 3D printed accessories. 3D Prints for Bronco Enthusiasts.

Docindahouze

Base
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2016 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Pretty neat stuff in here. I work in the dental laboratory field and I run our cad/cam department so I get to work with all our awesome Heygears 3D printers. My boss is cool and always tells me can print stuff for myself if I want, but there so much I could do, I don’t know where to start lol. It’s cool to see what you guys are making. 😎
Sponsored

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

A couple of additions
Lug plugs
I made 2 sizes, 1 for my Raptor M10 lugs & Heritage (and all others) M12 lugs
Ford Bronco Show me your 3D printed accessories. 3D Prints for Bronco Enthusiasts. IMG_6121

Ford Bronco Show me your 3D printed accessories. 3D Prints for Bronco Enthusiasts. 90EAAEC8-122B-4B0F-864E-26808FB6E886

Covers for the soft top clamps in the cargo area:

Ford Bronco Show me your 3D printed accessories. 3D Prints for Bronco Enthusiasts. IMG_6123

Ford Bronco Show me your 3D printed accessories. 3D Prints for Bronco Enthusiasts. 62E1EC8D-1472-4454-8B99-E0475E4B18D4

HammerNQuill

Wildtrak
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Liberty Latitude
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A couple of additions
Lug plugs
IMG_6121.jpeg

90EAAEC8-122B-4B0F-864E-26808FB6E886.jpeg

IMG_6123.jpeg

62E1EC8D-1472-4454-8B99-E0475E4B18D4.jpeg
You nailed the texture of those soft top covers - did you find an "orange-peel" layer in your STL?

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A couple of additions
Lug plugs
Ford Bronco Show me your 3D printed accessories. 3D Prints for Bronco Enthusiasts. 62E1EC8D-1472-4454-8B99-E0475E4B18D4

Dang I literally just designed/printed some of those 3 days ago, I should've waited and asked for your stl 😂. Definitely helps reduce the buzz that the sub causes on those plastic panels though.

I used M6 hooks/eyebolts too for some extra spots to hang stuff from

mvilla

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4-door Badlands Bronco w/ Sasquatch package
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s not much, but I 3D printed a MOLLE panel mount for my goal zero charger so it’s not banging around in the back.

Ford Bronco Show me your 3D printed accessories. 3D Prints for Bronco Enthusiasts. IMG_3433

I also 3D printed this mount for the milkwaukee paper towel roll holder to install it over the roll bar

Ford Bronco Show me your 3D printed accessories. 3D Prints for Bronco Enthusiasts. IMG_3222

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I meant for the hub cap itself, not the bolt pattern for the wheel. For example, my Black Rhino Wheel hub caps have 3 small bolts (and 3 fake bolts to make it look like 6) to fasten the hub cab to the wheel center. For me that is 3 6.5mm holes on a 121.75ish mm circle (measured with calipers)
Sorry, missed your response. The cap is held in by the lug nuts. That wouldn’t work for a dog dish. It would have to click in - like an old school hub cap.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry, missed your response. The cap is held in by the lug nuts. That wouldn’t work for a dog dish. It would have to click in - like an old school hub cap.
We could make something that works by sticking onto the lugs I think. Main issue is figuring out the sweep profile needed for everything to fit. For something like this, I would start with a side profile that would be revolved around an axis. We need to figure out what that profile needs to be, then can add some type of lug attachment system, and the Bronco logo interface details.

Ford Bronco Show me your 3D printed accessories. 3D Prints for Bronco Enthusiasts. 1712834758355-10
Ford Bronco Show me your 3D printed accessories. 3D Prints for Bronco Enthusiasts. 1712834774651-
Ford Bronco Show me your 3D printed accessories. 3D Prints for Bronco Enthusiasts. 1712834849267-rj

Also for those interested or curious, I designed a version of these caps for Method wheels for a buddy of mine. As you may know, the stock hub cap for the methods is very long (cool design but weirdly long), so I started off by copying that design, then shortening it to something more reasonable, and adding the interface to reuse the OEM Bronco Logo's.

Ford Bronco Show me your 3D printed accessories. 3D Prints for Bronco Enthusiasts. 1712835009063-2h
Ford Bronco Show me your 3D printed accessories. 3D Prints for Bronco Enthusiasts. 1712835037128-fh

Top left: stock cap. Top middle: stock on top of the Method adapter. Top right: my truncated version (allowing use of Bronco center cap), also shown on the adapter.
Bottom left and right are alternative hubs that fit to the Method adapter and allow use of the Bronco center cap
Ford Bronco Show me your 3D printed accessories. 3D Prints for Bronco Enthusiasts. 1712928140102-e

Oh, I totally forgot, but I made some storage hooks for the rear, like some others. I tried to heavily radius everything to reduce stress concentration. One for the blank hole on the side of the roll bar (left), the other one to piggy back on the bolt for the bottom of the speaker (right). Never even got around to adding them to my site, but hit me up if you want the STL.

Ford Bronco Show me your 3D printed accessories. 3D Prints for Bronco Enthusiasts. 1712835424797-lw
Ford Bronco Show me your 3D printed accessories. 3D Prints for Bronco Enthusiasts. 1712835474519-0e

Ford Bronco Show me your 3D printed accessories. 3D Prints for Bronco Enthusiasts. 1712921848483-47

Last edited:

Alcotune

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've been playing with my son's printer and made a few small items like plugs and caps but
I've been working on a fender badge since my Base don't have one. This was my first try but have since made a few changes.
It's supposed to look like an iceberg so I have rotated the black background to look more like the water surface.

IMG_7412.JPG

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been playing with my son's printer and made a few small items like plugs and caps but
I've been working on a fender badge since my Base don't have one. This was my first try but have since made a few changes.
It's supposed to look like an iceberg so I have rotated the black background to look more like the water surface.

Ford Bronco Show me your 3D printed accessories. 3D Prints for Bronco Enthusiasts. IMG_7412.JPG
This is sick!

I always thought the base should have a badge like "Base Camp" and it could be a tent with a mountain behind it or something. But I love this!

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a winch shackle that I printed a cover for. It won’t protect from a serious impact, but it’ll keep the sun off of the synthetic rope. I can print a dozen of them before I hit the price of a factor55 shackle and rope guard.
Ford Bronco Show me your 3D printed accessories. 3D Prints for Bronco Enthusiasts. image

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We could make something that works by sticking onto the lugs I think. Main issue is figuring out the sweep profile needed for everything to fit. For something like this, I would start with a side profile that would be revolved around an axis. We need to figure out what that profile needs to be, then can add some type of lug attachment system, and the Bronco logo interface details.

Ford Bronco Show me your 3D printed accessories. 3D Prints for Bronco Enthusiasts. image

Also for those interested or curious, I designed a version of these caps for Method wheels for a buddy of mine. As you may know, the stock hub cap for the methods is very long (cool design but weirdly long), so I started off by copying that design, then shortening it to something more reasonable, and adding the interface to reuse the OEM Bronco Logo's.

I'll pull up some actual pictures later if I can get some from him.

Oh, I totally forgot, but I made some storage hooks for the rear, like some others. I tried to heavily radius everything to reduce stress concentration. One for the blank hole on the side of the roll bar (left), the other one to piggy back on the bolt for the bottom of the speaker (right). Never even got around to adding them to my site, but hit me up if you want the STL.

Man, you got me intrigued. Funny story is I did 3D/CG modeling for 15 years. It’s been 10 since I’ve opened Maya. I’m sure it will come back - but, making me want to buy a printer. Haha.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man, you got me intrigued. Funny story is I did 3D/CG modeling for 15 years. It’s been 10 since I’ve opened Maya. I’m sure it will come back - but, making me want to buy a printer. Haha.
The only thing you'll regret about buying a 3D printer, is not having bought one sooner lol.

I use Fusion 360 now, was a fan of SolidWorks too back when I used it for work. But Fusion is as simple and intuitive as it gets, and you might be able to get a student license.

Last edited:

PEGB

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Badlands Sasquatch Hardtop 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only thing you'll regret about buying a 3D printer, is not having bought one sooner lol.

I use Fusion 360 now, was a fan of SolidWorks too back when I used it for work. But Fusion is as simple and intuitive as it gets, and you might be able to get a student license.
The only caveat I might add to that excellent statement is this; if possible, for your first printer do your research. There’s been lively debate in the community these past couple of years about the number of people who buy the cheapest (and often unsupported) printer possible, have tons of problems with the unit, and walk away from the experience with a bad taste in their mouths for the technology. Try to buy a system from a company with a good reputation and even more important in my opinion, an active online community of users. Like this forum, they will be invaluable to you in the early days of your 3D printing adventure. There’s a number of nuances that require learning, even if you have the best machine in the world. It’s best if you can as much as possible eliminate machine issues from the troubleshooting equation when inevitable challenges arise.

Good Luck!

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only caveat I might add to that excellent statement is this; if possible, for your first printer do your research. There’s been lively debate in the community these past couple of years about the number of people who buy the cheapest (and often unsupported) printer possible, have tons of problems with the unit, and walk away from the experience with a bad taste in their mouths for the technology. Try to buy a system from a company with a good reputation and even more important in my opinion, an active online community of users. Like this forum, they will be invaluable to you in the early days of your 3D printing adventure. There’s a number of nuances that require learning, even if you have the best machine in the world. It’s best if you can as much as possible eliminate machine issues from the troubleshooting equation when inevitable challenges arise.

Good Luck!
Good point, definitely steer clear of anything suspiciously cheap.

I think the Ender 3 is kind of the gold standard for acceptable bottom of the barrel entry point. If its cheaper than an ender 3, its probably trash. Some love it some hate it, but its undeniably extremely prolific and widely supported which is very helpful for modifying or troubleshooting.

I started off with a CR-10S, which is a pretty bulletproof workhorse, but also very dated and expensive in this day and age. There are probably a dozen "better" printers for the money now, but idk what they are (haven't researched because they still run great).

If money is no object, (or of lesser concern) and you really just want something to work out of the box, I can't fault the Bambu series. Despite having several CR-10S's and having modified them all, and knowing them inside and out, I eventually pulled the trigger on a Bambu Carbon. zero regrets, worth every penny. Still use my CR-10's here and there, but the bambu is the go-to.

For what it's worth, I eventually threw out my Ender 3 despite the mods, but can't deny it's a decent starter.

PEGB

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Badlands Sasquatch Hardtop 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good point, definitely steer clear of anything suspiciously cheap.

I think the Ender 3 is kind of the gold standard for acceptable bottom of the barrel entry point. If its cheaper than an ender 3, its probably trash. Some love it some hate it, but its undeniably extremely prolific and widely supported which is very helpful for modifying or troubleshooting.

I started off with a CR-10S, which is a pretty bulletproof workhorse, but also very dated and expensive in this day and age. There are probably a dozen "better" printers for the money now, but idk what they are (haven't researched because they still run great).

If money is no object, (or of lesser concern) and you really just want something to work out of the box, I can't fault the Bambu series. Despite having several CR-10S's and having modified them all, and knowing them inside and out, I eventually pulled the trigger on a Bambu Carbon. zero regrets, worth every penny. Still use my CR-10's here and there, but the bambu is the go-to.

For what it's worth, I eventually threw out my Ender 3 despite the mods, but can't deny it's a decent starter.

I agree. Bambu has nearly accomplished the goal many have been hoping to achieve for over a decade. A cost effective 3D printer for people who just want to print, not tinker. I’ve been a fan of Prusa for some time as well, but Bambu has certainly eaten their lunch lately lol. I have a Raise3d Hyper Pro 3 also. I do not recommend going with that company for your first machine, or ever honestly.
Sponsored