Sponsored

Side mirrors turn indicators is it a Lux package item?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Probably a fair chance they are there, I'd bet there is a harness for one with nothing but power mirrors, and a harness one with everything. But who knows..

When I looked up the pins inthe FSM though, it gives a number, but says discontinued... and when I try to find it in the online dealers/parts places nothing comes back :(
We have ton of pins at work, If I have time tomorrow I’ll remove one of mine and try and match it up for you. What number does it give you?
Sponsored

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We have ton of pins at work, If I have time tomorrow I’ll remove one of mine and try and match it up for you. What number does it give you?
I was afraid you'd ask that...

It's on my computer at my shop.. If I don't get out of work too late I'll run by there and grab that number, and also the number of the pins I tried that didn't work...

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was afraid you'd ask that...

It's on my computer at my shop.. If I don't get out of work too late I'll run by there and grab that number, and also the number of the pins I tried that didn't work...
Lol oh, don’t worry about it then. If I can find one that works, I’ll just let you know what it is. If not, then maybe I’ll look into that number you found.

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol oh, don’t worry about it then. If I can find one that works, I’ll just let you know what it is. If not, then maybe I’ll look into that number you found.
No biggy, the shop isn't far out of the way going home ;)

Ford Bronco Side mirrors turn indicators is it a Lux package item? 1672709916956

So it uses the same pin for all of them, JU5T-14474-AAA,

I tried a EU2Z-14421-AA, and that was a no go... the JU5T-14474-AAA seems to have a much more rectangular profile where it seats into the connector, And doesn't lock on the bottom like the other.

A pin from in C1401;

Ford Bronco Side mirrors turn indicators is it a Lux package item? 1672710250064

The side spots are on a different pin in the connector altogether, but both can be enabled in forscan.

I was wiring the turn signal to my ditch lights, that have an amber element;

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZDDVF5K

They work fine, but you have to set the bulb type to non-led or they blink fast, but at the normal rate. I didn't want to hack into the harness, so I've left them disconnected for now until I can (hopefully) find the right pins, I also have rock lights I want to wire into the connector and use the puddle light switches.

Last edited:
OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Side mirrors turn indicators is it a Lux package item? 1672710250064

So it uses the same pin for all of them, JUST-14474-AAA,

I tried a EU2Z-14421-AA, and that was a no go... the JUST-14474-AAA seems to have a much more rectangular profile where it seats into the connector, And doesn't lock on the bottom like the other.

A pin from in C1401;

The side spots are on a different pin in the connector altogether, but both can be enabled in forscan.

They work fine, but you have to set the bulb type to non-led or they blink fast, but at the normal rate. I didn't want to hack into the harness, so I've left them disconnected for now until I can (hopefully) find the right pins, I also have rock lights I want to wire into the connector and use the puddle light switches.
I also have an Amber side to my ditch lights that I’ve thought about hooking into the turn signal/running lights. Thanks for the breakdown it will let me like around and get closer.

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So it uses the same pin for all of them, JUST-14474-AAA,

I tried a EU2Z-14421-AA, and that was a no go... the JUST-14474-AAA seems to have a much more rectangular profile where it seats into the connector, And doesn't lock on the bottom like the other.

A pin from in C1401;

Okay sounds good. I’ll do some digging and see what I can find.

sda3

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Badlands with LUX and mirror lights are just spots as mentioned. Do the raptors have spots as well as clearence and signals? Because if so, I wonder if we could replace our mirrors with Raptors?

I personally think the mirror spot lights are about the most worthless feature I've ever seen on a vehicle. They might be OK if they'd stayed on until at least 15 mph, but even then, anyone that wants side spotlights is going to mount some anyway, so why bother with these? ;)
They are fantastic when you pull up to your mailbox after dark.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@zuke no luck on the pin, just wasn't able to find one that fit correctly.

I did find that there is no pin in either side of connector C1400/C1401 for the turn circuit. So without the circuit coming from the BCM, the lights in the mirrors would never work as turn signals anyway.

It wouldn't be too difficult to splice the circuit from the headlight connector, bypass connectors C1400/C1401, and just run a wire into the mirror though.

For anyone with a late production 2022, the circuits would already be in the connectors and this wouldn't even be necessary. But since I don't, I'm just going to leave it for now. Maybe I'll do this some other time.

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I did find that there is no pin in either side of connector C1400/C1401 for the turn circuit. So without the circuit coming from the BCM, the lights in the mirrors would never work as turn signals anyway.

It wouldn't be too difficult to splice the circuit from the headlight connector, bypass connectors C1400/C1401, and just run a wire into the mirror though.

For anyone with a late production 2022, the circuits would already be in the connectors and this wouldn't even be necessary. But since I don't, I'm just going to leave it for now. Maybe I'll do this some other time.
I did a quick look today and on my high package it appears there are wires on the body side but not the mirror side. If it ever stops raining I’ll pull the plug apart and check it with a test light.

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting! My 2021 Badlands has the wires for the turn signals coming to the connector on the female side, I literally did my testing by taking one of the EU2Z-14421-AA pins I had and pushing it in to the pin 10 connector while it was unplugged from the male side, and then making the forscan changes to turn it on.

I didn't look to see if the puddle light or spot light wires were in there or not, I'll go look and take a picture in a bit, If they are, I suppose I could cut the wires just behind the connector and put a weatherpack connector on it, That's what I did with the Fog Light wires at C203, but I really hate hacking the factory wiring harnesses up.

I'm more puzzled by why you don't have them, Your Wildtrak is going to have more stuff than my Stripper badlands for sure.... Maybe it's my 2.3 vs your 2.7? Or maybe these hard to get pins were a constraint when yours was built :D

Sponsored

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did a quick look today and on my high package it appears there are wires on the body side but not the mirror side. If it ever stops raining I’ll pull the plug apart and check it with a test light.
You'd have to turn the turn signals on in the DDM or PDM too to see any thing on the pins,, They were totally dead until I did.

If you do, don't forget to turn it back off... I forgot and it threw a bunch of open circuit DTC's when I disconnected the lights.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Interesting! My 2021 Badlands has the wires for the turn signals coming to the connector on the female side, I literally did my testing by taking one of the EU2Z-14421-AA pins I had and pushing it in to the pin 10 connector while it was unplugged from the male side, and then making the forscan changes to turn it on.

I didn't look to see if the puddle light or spot light wires were in there or not, I'll go look and take a picture in a bit, If they are, I suppose I could cut the wires just behind the connector and put a weatherpack connector on it, That's what I did with the Fog Light wires at C203, but I really hate hacking the factory wiring harnesses up.

I'm more puzzled by why you don't have them, Your Wildtrak is going to have more stuff than my Stripper badlands for sure.... Maybe it's my 2.3 vs your 2.7? Or maybe these hard to get pins were a constraint when yours was built :D
Now I’m going to have to look again when I get home lol if both of you have it, how do I not.
I was kind of busy at work so maybe I’m just blind and totally missed it 😂

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You'd have to turn the turn signals on in the DDM or PDM too to see any thing on the pins,, They were totally dead until I did.

If you do, don't forget to turn it back off... I forgot and it threw a bunch of open circuit DTC's when I disconnected the lights.
Why didn’t you keep the light’s connected? Just because you didn’t have the pins to complete?

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So looking at mine, I've got every pin filled on the the "body" side that is tagged as having a function, Except for Pin 17 for the 360 degree camera...

Not sure what the the Blue Marker across Pin 4 is all about...

Ford Bronco Side mirrors turn indicators is it a Lux package item? 1672782864293

Ford Bronco Side mirrors turn indicators is it a Lux package item? 1672782882775

Ford Bronco Side mirrors turn indicators is it a Lux package item? 1672782896939

BTW, Thanks @Ducati1098 for tring to match up a pin... I really appreciate your effort!

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On the mirror side I've only got pins 1, 2, 3, 6, 9, 11, and 12.

Ford Bronco Side mirrors turn indicators is it a Lux package item? 1672783704997

The one you see pulled out in the picture is 11, it's the one I took out to look at the actual pin..

Ford Bronco Side mirrors turn indicators is it a Lux package item? 1672783780460

Which all makes sense with the options I have, except the Blind Spot Monitoring LED (Pin 4), Which I don't have..
Sponsored