First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Supposedly this is rail rust. Have had the car for 6 months depending on where it was placed on the rail car would mean it would be covered. Mine has it everywhere including the plastic fenders. The last few months it was in a garage but have been using it more and was parked outside in the rain for a few days. So these specks have rusted. The issue is the ford and the dealers deny it for environmental factors which seems crazy to me. The don’t wrap the cars in plastic when they ship like the other cars. I mean bmw wraps their 40k cars this is a 60k vehicle pretty crazy to me. The ford warranty denials are endless every issue I have had has been denied. The car is not very durable which I don’t mind if Ford was at least willing to honor the warranty on the car. Issues are endless just no point in complaining on the forum . I don’t think ford or the dealers care.

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had it in mine. Mines cactus gray which might be what you have so it was very noticeable. Nowhere near as bad as what your showing though, that’s nuts.

I had it detailed out and all is well so far.

Man, I hope you get it sorted out!!

Sinnin7

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Badlands 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah that sucks, i do wish ford took more care when shipping. All you need to do is clay bar it and then paint correction and it will be fine. If you do not feel up to the task pay to have it done at a detail shop. Should be able to get a decent, clay, correct and ceramic coat for $800-$1k unless they are trying to push some new voodoo coating that is ultra expensive.

I had the same stuff on my 2016 Focus ST and it came off fine. I didn't even see it till the car was 2 years old cause it was Dark Blue, still had no issues getting it all off.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Victorsen

Victorsen

Badlands
First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes thanks it is all over so I am getting it detailed. Costing a bit because it is everywhere. I might have to look at the ceramic coat option in the future .

OP
OP
Victorsen

Victorsen

Badlands
First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah I still don’t understand why it was denied under warranty

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yeah that sucks, i do wish ford took more care when shipping. All you need to do is clay bar it and then paint correction and it will be fine. If you do not feel up to the task pay to have it done at a detail shop. Should be able to get a decent, clay, correct and ceramic coat for $800-$1k unless they are trying to push some new voodoo coating that is ultra expensive.

I had the same stuff on my 2016 Focus ST and it came off fine. I didn't even see it till the car was 2 years old cause it was Dark Blue, still had no issues getting it all off.
It's not just Ford. Waiting for it to warm up so I can clay bar ours. This is why buying the Lifetime Protection from the dealer is ignorant. No way they clay bar the vehicle before sealing in all the rail dust.
Sponsored