First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Did we ever get an explanation for why Signature LED isn’t available on the Black Diamond?
There was a brand manager at the dealer event I went to, and I asked him about why all the trims when it seems like they could have just done 3. According to him the BD is basically just a base "+"model. Originally the mid package was not even going to be an option but they decided to offer it. The BB and OBX are intended as the high volume models, and the Badlands and Wildtrack are the high performance models. That's why the base and BD share the same grill. Offering the mid package was nice of them, but it makes the hierarchy a bit convoluted IMHO.
Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not sure how many other people see this but many cars going down the road early in the morning with DRL’s only and no taillights. Hopefully the auto companies will figure this out and prevent it. At least turn the tail lights on as well. I’m assuming dash lights must be on all the time even if headlights are off if people are driving this way.
ALL THE TIME. I'm in south Florida too like someone above said, and see it everywhere.

As was pointed out, now that most if not all vehicles use illuminated gauges all the time, it's made it worse. Also, a lot of vehicles that may not have decorative DRLs often use a low beam (whether full power or depowered) as the DRL, which results in people also thinking their lights are on because they're seeing "headlights" of their own vehicle without realizing they have no taillights.....couple that will well-illuminated roads, and many have zero idea their lights are actually off. It's bad when you go from those well illuminated parts into construction zones or poorly lit areas. I do try to get behind them and flash my high beams if I can......sometimes they figure it out, many don't and just continue driving along, though.

OhhhhhhSnap

Black Diamond
First Name
Elan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pathfinder, 04 F150, 14 CRV. 22 BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There are plenty of indicators that one’s headlights are *not* on... but it takes the driver to be aware enough of their surroundings to figure it out.

Things started to turn south when auto makers went to dashboards and gauge clusters that utilized backlighting 100% of the time. Previously if you’re lights weren’t on you couldn’t see your gauges... now it’s the opposite. If your lights aren’t on your gauges are very very bright.

With the proliferation of automatic headlights it’s gotten much better.
You can also change the brightness of the dash in all the vehicles I've owned. I turn mine down all the way so it doesn't blind me when I go in parking garages, underpasses, tunnels, etc in the day.

Not defending those idiots but yea.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

One question on the taillights I did have - am I seeing it correctly that the center white part is being BOTH a red brake light AND turn signal (when in operation)?

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey Bronco Life can you do something on the regular non-sig lights on the BD?

Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@Ourbroncolife thank you for all the great videos and contributions to Bronco6g.

You may want to consider changing your logo, it really looks like your logo is a combination of the Bronco Nation hexagon and arrows logos.

StickerPackMember_394x.png

13452.jpg
Black_Logo_On_White_9_400x.png

There are certainly more logo shapes than the hexagon and arrows that would distinguish you as separate and apart from Bronco Nation. Their coattails are not one I nor many Bronco6g members would want to ride.

Logo Shapes google search

_and_white_design_elements_vector_14_shield_149575.jpg
Coincidence?

BearWithMe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
One question on the taillights I did have - am I seeing it correctly that the center white part is being BOTH a red brake light AND turn signal (when in operation)?
Nope. Center surround is turn signal only (yellow). Perimeter is brake/tail (red). The absolute center (vertical array), which wasn’t demo’d, is the backup light (white).

Wish they had shown the backup lights and the base-model headlights in operation.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

There was a brand manager at the dealer event I went to, and I asked him about why all the trims when it seems like they could have just done 3. According to him the BD is basically just a base "+"model. Originally the mid package was not even going to be an option but they decided to offer it. The BB and OBX are intended as the high volume models, and the Badlands and Wildtrack are the high performance models. That's why the base and BD share the same grill. Offering the mid package was nice of them, but it makes the hierarchy a bit convoluted IMHO.
Agreed. The BB and BD could have been Packages on a Base, OBX could stand alone as a fancy pants and WT could be a package on BL. Then there would be no Sasquatch with only BL and WT getting those goodies. Ford did us a solid by offering Sas throughout the line up.

I'm non Sas BB and while Ford may have intended BB and OBX to be volume sellers it isn't proving out. Right now my BB is a unicorn at 6% (especially non Sas), but this may change when dealer stock and rental fleets hit the streets.

Sponsored

*T2*

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nope. Center surround is turn signal only (yellow). Perimeter is brake/tail (red). The absolute center (vertical array), which wasn’t demo’d, is the backup light (white).

Wish they had shown the backup lights and the base-model headlights in operation.
That's what I thought, but with the focusing of the camera up close, it was hard to tell.....it almost looked as if the center was lighting up red too.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Ourbroncolife said they are separate :unsure:

So that means OBL is greater than BN, which really does not take much, his videos are far superior.

1616866181538.png

But I still think an alternate logo would help.

Our Bronco Life mockup.png
Didn’t Granger got a cease and desist from Ford for using the Bronco font on an otherwise completely unique sticker idea?
Sponsored