Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X; 2002 BMW 530i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow, I didn't know the standard lights kept the amber running lights on all the time. Bonus! It looks great. A little disappointed the tail lights are not LED, but seriously who cares...I've never had to change a tail light bulb in my life, and they are in the back anyway.
The standard taillights look to use a dual-filament incandescent bulb. Honestly they are exactly like my 2012 Frontier, which is kind of sad lol. But anyway, I did have to change one of those bulbs recently, and hopefully itā€™s as easy on a Bronco as it was on the Frontier.

Tails on the standard are old-fashioned bulbs. The sigs are LED. Not sure it would be an easy swap, since the power needed is different.
FWIW, for the E39 BMW 5 series (built 96-03; my other car is a 2002 530i, 5 speed manual!) Hella made the OE tail lights and they sell/sold a retrofit kit so you can install LED tail lights if you have a pre-2001 model that had incandescents; it had a voltage step-down unit and everything. Just saying maybe such a kit will release sometime for Bronco (not sure who the OE manufacturer is but Iā€™m sure weā€™ll find out eventually).
Sponsored

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just spent the last 30 mins on the phone with Ford to get a straight answer. After multiple transfers finally got an answer that it DOES include LED taillights as well. (y)
Could have saved yourself a lot of time and effort by just referencing the official dealer order guide PDF...

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Headlights and Tail Lights Demo 1617992385633

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think I noticed in Moab that the Sig taillights had what appeared to be a clear plastic "shell", like an aftermarket protector of some kind. I don't believe the std lights had it. Has anyone else noticed this? I really didn't care for it much.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think I noticed in Moab that the Sig taillights had what appeared to be a clear plastic "shell", like an aftermarket protector of some kind. I don't believe the std lights had it. Has anyone else noticed this? I really didn't care for it much.
Itā€™s just a design element, but yes, the Sig taillights have a clear layer with color underneath. Standard is color to the outside of plastic.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Itā€™s just a design element, but yes, the Sig taillights have a clear layer with color underneath. Standard is color to the outside of plastic.
Thanks

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My question is, it looks like the standard headlights have a halo ring but the video doesn't show them illuminate. Anyone know whats up with that?
It is just a chrome ring on the standard lights. It does not illuminate.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It is just a chrome ring on the standard lights. It does not illuminate.
Iā€™m tempted to open mine up and paint the chrome/silver rings black or dark gray. Assuming I can switch the lights out at all. šŸ˜‰

mac62989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma Sport Access Cab, 2001 Trans AM WS6
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't mind the headlights, Ford kind of went cheap on both with this being 2021 but lets be serious no one is getting a Bronco for the lights. I will definitely be swapping out the tails. Hoping the LED tails from Ford aren't priced absurdly but if so the aftermarket will be producing some..

Etnadocsalev

Badlands
First Name
Nonato
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Fj 17 cx 16 Cx 03 Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
STYLE COME AND GO,EVERYONE IS ON LED WHITE LIGHT,CLASSIC YELLOW/AMBER IS GETTING OUT OF STYLE?UNDERSTANDING THAT LED IS ENERGY EFFICIENT AND HAS BETTER VISION AT NIGHT,NOW TO REPLACE IT IS A DIFFERENT STORY LIKEWISE BLINDING ONCOMING TRAFFIC.YELLOW AMBER LEDS IS NOT AFFECTED BY REFLECTED SURFACES AS FOG AND SNOW NICE TO HAVE IT LOW AND FUNCTIONAL FOR ITS PURPOSE.AFTERMRK WILL GET ME AN AMBER/YELLOW FOGGIS FOR MY '21 BAD BOY INTERGRATED IN FRONT MOD BUMPER

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

STYLE COME AND GO,EVERYONE IS ON LED WHITE LIGHT,CLASSIC YELLOW/AMBER IS GETTING OUT OF STYLE?UNDERSTANDING THAT LED IS ENERGY EFFICIENT AND HAS BETTER VISION AT NIGHT,NOW TO REPLACE IT IS A DIFFERENT STORY LIKEWISE BLINDING ONCOMING TRAFFIC.YELLOW AMBER LEDS IS NOT AFFECTED BY REFLECTED SURFACES AS FOG AND SNOW NICE TO HAVE IT LOW AND FUNCTIONAL FOR ITS PURPOSE.AFTERMRK WILL GET ME AN AMBER/YELLOW FOGGIS FOR MY '21 BAD BOY INTERGRATED IN FRONT MOD BUMPER
tenor.gif

Sponsored

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can't wait to see what the aftermarket brings honestly. I was lusting after the signature lights but after comparing both, aftermarket is probably going to give much cooler lighting options.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

LIKEWISE BLINDING ONCOMING TRAFFIC
I'm a stingy MFer, but I'm willing to bet money those "blinding" LED headlamps you've experienced are simply aftermarket retrofit kits that, for a variety of nuanced optical reasons I've neither the time nor experience to fully articulate here, don't throw light properly and in turn create the glare/ dazzle effect that blinds.

An OE application like this is designed to meet FMVSS lighting standards, meaning that shouldn't be an issue.

I will definitely be swapping out the tails. Hoping the LED tails from Ford aren't priced absurdly
Oh, don't worry; they will be absurdly priced. :)

Much as I like the signature tails (but loathe the signature headlamps), I think I'll be perfectly happy sticking with the standard housings but replacing the bulbs (or the back-up bulbs, at the very least) with LED retrofits.

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
So what does the base have in comparison?

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So what does the base have in comparison?
It comes with gas lamps that you have to manually light. šŸ˜

Base is same as Black Diamond.
Sponsored