First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I put together a list of potential reasons for the Six Deadliest list. I tried to identify things that are unique to each list item. Interested to see what the consensus is.

• Two‑Door - Webasto MIC Tops?
  • Wildtrak™ Series - Sasquatch Pkg
  • 2.7L Engine - Standard engine in the F150 and optional in other models. Currently not enough capacity to supply all and the F150 gets priority?
  • Sasquatch™ Package - Goodyear Tires?
  • Lux Equipment Group - Chip Shortage?
  • Leather‑Trimmed Interior - Poor Quality as we have seen on the loose/wavy seats in Pre-Production vehicles
Two Door, Lux, Leather, I think are likely to be due to new model sales vs long term sales. Early sales are often much higher equipped, but longer term these sales rates will decline. Ford will be planning for the long term, can't ramp up for all leather then not be able to sell them a year or two later. Often they'll have a heavier high end mix for startup, but they can't flip too far and run off the suppliers for the other options.

Sasquatch and 2.7L could likely be limited due to CAFE (corporate average fuel economy). 2.7L could be a factor of both CAFE and the need to make X number of each engine to keep the engine plants running at full capacity.
Sponsored

OP
OP
mdonathan56

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Two Door, Lux, Leather, I think are likely to be due to new model sales vs long term sales. Early sales are often much higher equipped, but longer term these sales rates will decline. Ford will be planning for the long term, can't ramp up for all leather then not be able to sell them a year or two later. Often they'll have a heavier high end mix for startup, but they can't flip too far and run off the suppliers for the other options.

Sasquatch and 2.7L could likely be limited due to CAFE (corporate average fuel economy). 2.7L could be a factor of both CAFE and the need to make X number of each engine to keep the engine plants running at full capacity.
Didn't think about that, but it could be a CAFE issue and only so many 2.7s to 2.3s.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

OP
OP
mdonathan56

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
True. Obviously if the demand in the form of orders for options is lower than the survey results...then there won’t be the expected delays.
They won't know until after March 19th. Right now Ford is speculating. They still have months to improve many of these and end up with only occasional spot shortages.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

See that's a change from the launch config. It was originally supposed to get he Molded Painted hard top. So now you get the MIC top on both the WT and FE?
Understand so that infers the shortage only affects lower trims.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
For a company that was so savvy they took liens out on all their assets to sustain the recession, I don’t see how they didn’t have the means and ability to order parts optimistically. They wouldn’t be releasing the model if they didn’t think there was demand. So, you order more than demand, the parts go to use in the first few years, rather than the first year of production.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I put together a list of potential reasons for the Six Deadliest list. I tried to identify things that are unique to each list item. Interested to see what the consensus is.

• Two‑Door - Webasto MIC Tops?
  • Wildtrak™ Series - Sasquatch Pkg
  • 2.7L Engine - Standard engine in the F150 and optional in other models. Currently not enough capacity to supply all and the F150 gets priority?
  • Sasquatch™ Package - Goodyear Tires?
  • Lux Equipment Group - Chip Shortage?
  • Leather‑Trimmed Interior - Poor Quality as we have seen on the loose/wavy seats in Pre-Production vehicles
TM on Wildtrak? You must be showing off your iphone.

OP
OP
mdonathan56

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Close; but not quite. 🕶
Just kidding. My son used to like to do that when iphones first started letting people use the TM shortcut. Obvs I don't have one because I can't do that...but I'm on my computer.

Buffalo Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For a company that was so savvy they took liens out on all their assets to sustain the recession, I don’t see how they didn’t have the means and ability to order parts optimistically. They wouldn’t be releasing the model if they didn’t think there was demand. So, you order more than demand, the parts go to use in the first few years, rather than the first year of production.
Sure, that would work if this were the 1970s but it involves warehousing which incurs significant costs and it is contrary to how modern on demand production, lean manufacturing, and the global supply chain works.

OP
OP
mdonathan56

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just kidding. My son used to like to do that when iphones first started letting people use the TM shortcut. Obvs I don't have one because I can't do that...but I'm on my computer.
No Apple cult here. I am an Android OS person.

OP
OP
mdonathan56

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sure, that would work if this were the 1970s but it involves warehousing which incurs significant costs and it is contrary to how modern on demand production, lean manufacturing, and the global supply chain works.
JIT is the name of the game. Watched a couple of lines in action; Ford's Windsor engine plant and the MB plant in Alabama. To a lessor extent the HD factory in KC.
Sponsored