Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I put together a list of potential reasons for the Six Deadliest list. I tried to identify things that are unique to each list item. Interested to see what the consensus is.

• Two‑Door - Webasto MIC Tops?
  • Wildtrak™ Series - Sasquatch Pkg
  • 2.7L Engine - Standard engine in the F150 and optional in other models. Currently not enough capacity to supply all and the F150 gets priority?
  • Sasquatch™ Package - Goodyear Tires?
  • Lux Equipment Group - Chip Shortage?
  • Leather‑Trimmed Interior - Poor Quality as we have seen on the loose/wavy seats in Pre-Production vehicles
Sponsored

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because Ford said so. That’s why?

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They ordered parts to fill each of those at a certain rate and the demand was way higher for each than expected....setting up a supply shortage. That’s for every one of those. Nothing to do with the reasons you specified...just people ordering more of certain options than originally expected.

OP
OP
mdonathan56

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They ordered parts to fill each of those at a certain rate and the demand was way higher for each than expected....setting up a supply shortage. That’s for every one of those. Nothing to do with the reasons you specified...just people ordering more of certain options than originally expected.
The Deadliest Six list came out before the order banks opened so are you saying this was based on reservations received?

Zeke013

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only one I am getting on the list is Lux.

What I am curious about is whether or not that would delay me sufficiently such that I could add on Squatch/2.7 without increasing the delay.

I'd love if if you could, in real time, play with the order to see how each option impacted timing.

Sponsored

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Gamecock
Love the take here
But Ford came out with this list prior to any orders being placed.
Obviously they had guesses as to what people would order. But they didn’t know at the time they came out with this information.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I put together a list of potential reasons for the Six Deadliest list. I tried to identify things that are unique to each list item. Interested to see what the consensus is.

• Two‑Door - Ford underestimated
  • Wildtrak™ Series - Ford underestimated, tires mostly is my guess
  • 2.7L Engine - Ford underestimated and it was a late change and they are a long supply chain
  • Sasquatch™ Package - Goodyear Tires? Yeah
  • Lux Equipment Group - Chip Shortage? Yeah
  • Leather‑Trimmed Interior - Late change to add it for the FEs and possibly many interior changes due to those rockstars.
Added my opinions

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Deadliest Six list came out before the order banks opened so are you saying this was based on reservations received?
No, it was based on the surveys Ford conducted of reservation holders. Ford stated that based on those surveys, certain higher demand options would likely be delayed.

B Wants A Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X; 2002 BMW 530i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford said those were based on the survey they sent out to SOME reservation holders back in the summer, asking about "would you get X option for X price" and such (I didn't get a survey, but there is a big thread on here about the survey, link below). Anyway, Ford said results of that survey are what led them to PROJECT that these will be high demand and MIGHT delay an order. I don't think they said for sure these items will delay an order, only the late-availability items (black painted top, black FE interior, etc).

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ewed-in-bronco-reservation-survey-email.4347/

smrpilot

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Silverado 3500HD, '68 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Goodyears are special run, because god forbid they say Wrangler on the sidewall.

Sponsored
OP
OP
mdonathan56

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, it was based on the surveys Ford conducted of reservation holders. Ford stated that based on those surveys, certain higher demand options would likely be delayed.
So you think it was based on the "How Much Would You Pay For This" Survey?

OP
OP
mdonathan56

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford said those were based on the survey they sent out to SOME reservation holders back in the summer, asking about "would you get X option for X price" and such (I didn't get a survey, but there is a big thread on here about the survey, link below). Anyway, Ford said results of that survey are what led them to PROJECT that these will be high demand and MIGHT delay an order. I don't think they said for sure these items will delay an order, only the late-availability items (black painted top, black FE interior, etc).

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ewed-in-bronco-reservation-survey-email.4347/
I remember that Thread. Did a lot of pricing spread sheets while that was active.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So you think it was based on the "How Much Would You Pay For This" Survey?
I don’t think it; Ford said that it based expected demand for option on survey results.

OP
OP
mdonathan56

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

True. Obviously if the demand in the form of orders for options is lower than the survey results...then there won’t be the expected delays.
Sponsored