DT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Update:....added the Kuat Pivot V2 to this setup that makes this way more functional and will be great for a hitch mounted bike rack, or for the Chuck Bucket mentioned above.

I'm sure these swing out extensions are no secret to many of you, especially Jeep Owners. I got the passenger side swing, but looks like the driver's side model will work for Bronco as well. I wanted the rack and door to swing out in the same direction so you aren't blocked on both sides by the rack and door. The tire touches the ski rack when the door and rack are at the 90 degree open position, but doesn't touch at all with the Pivot in the 120 degree position. Nice that the hitch extender is no longer needed as well.

The Kuat's are tough to find right now, but looks like there are options from Saris and Yakima too. None of the options are cheap.

IMG_2732.JPG

IMG_2733.JPG

IMG_2735.JPG

IMG_2736.JPG

IMG_2737.JPG
Sponsored

JJ Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Update:....added the Kuat Pivot V2 to this setup that makes this way more functional and will be great for a hitch mounted bike rack, or for the Chuck Bucket mentioned above.

I'm sure these swing out extensions are no secret to many of you, especially Jeep Owners. I got the passenger side swing, but looks like the driver's side model will work for Bronco as well. I wanted the rack and door to swing out in the same direction so you aren't blocked on both sides by the rack and door. The tire touches the ski rack when the door and rack are at the 90 degree open position, but doesn't touch at all with the Pivot in the 120 degree position. Nice that the hitch extender is no longer needed as well.

The Kuat's are tough to find right now, but looks like there are options from Saris and Yakima too. None of the options are cheap.

IMG_2732.JPG

Nice setup. So this the Kuat Pivot rack and what is the holding the skis/boards?

IMG_2733.JPG

IMG_2735.JPG

IMG_2736.JPG

IMG_2737.JPG