Skid Plates for 2023 Wildtrak?

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, 2022 X3 (wife's), 2015 GTI (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi all,

My '23 Wildtrak is scheduled to be built the week of 11/28 and did not get the Mod bumper because I wanted to actually try to get my Bronco sooner rather than later. Turns out, that was probably a dumb decision.

What skid plates would I have on the Wildtrak with the standard bumper? On the Ford website, it does state that the steel bash plates are included. However, with the Mod Bumper you can add the Full Vehicle Steel Bash Plates (front, engine, transfer case, and fuel tank).
So what's the difference and what am I missing?

I'm interested in protecting basically everything underneath. I'm going to be ordering the RCI Rock Sliders and Pinch Seam covers with their stellar discount they have going ATM.
Thought I'd take advantage and order some skid plates while I'm at it.

TY!
Sponsored

Cobrafang

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just mounted the Rock Sliders and love them. I got the door delete kit and the lights. It was a tough one man job, had to have help with the actual mounting part (holding the heavy thing up while I put bolts on the back. I don’t know if you need the seem covers because the slide mounts thought the seems and then protects...up to you. I love them big time.

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi all,

My '23 Wildtrak is scheduled to be built the week of 11/28 and did not get the Mod bumper because I wanted to actually try to get my Bronco sooner rather than later. Turns out, that was probably a dumb decision.

What skid plates would I have on the Wildtrak with the standard bumper? On the Ford website, it does state that the steel bash plates are included. However, with the Mod Bumper you can add the Full Vehicle Steel Bash Plates (front, engine, transfer case, and fuel tank).
So what's the difference and what am I missing?

I'm interested in protecting basically everything underneath. I'm going to be ordering the RCI Rock Sliders and Pinch Seam covers with their stellar discount they have going ATM.
Thought I'd take advantage and order some skid plates while I'm at it.

TY!
A front skid plate is all that is included with the standard sasquatch. If you option for the full length you get transfer case and transmission skids. No gas tank skid no matter what though.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A front skid plate is all that is included with the standard sasquatch. If you option for the full length you get transfer case and transmission skids. No gas tank skid no matter what though.
That’s different than what came on my ‘22 base sasquatch with mod bumper and plates. I only got front bash and engine. Had to buy oem transfer case myself ($60), transmission from Asfir (ford doesn’t have one) and gas tank (chose Asfir)

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The factory skids are nothing to drool over so don't worry about them.

My WT is built but going on 3 months without shipped...but I purchased the JCR skids. I did get an aftermarket bumper as well but their front skid works with the standard bumper.

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've retrofitted OEM skids (engine & transfer case) to my big bend, they were all direct bolt on and less than $200.
Sponsored