Sliding Rear Window - 2dr

edgeflyer

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Would someone with Twitter mind reaching out to Mike Levine for clarification on the 2 door modular tops ability/inability to remove the rear quarter windows. Seems from what we’ve all read on this forum we have two different forum members given two different answers from two different Ford employees. How are we to know which of those two employees is in the know? Thanks in advance to anyone who attempts To reach Mr. Levine
HAHA

Advertisement

Wat3rdog

First Name
Tim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tundra 4x4
I had a jeep wrangler 4 door for the reason of having 2 kids plus dogs. It's definitely a trade off but for that reason I will be getting a 4 dr Bronco. It is nice having that extra cargo room for camping and road trips.

EvlNvrDys

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Per current comments, the 4D Modular will have the removable windows, but the 2D Modular will not.
Hey uh @The Pope, if the 2 door 'modular' top as you call it, doesn't have removable windows, how is it modular? It's just a regular top at that point.

Sorry, I couldn't resist being Captain Obvious on this one. I still love ya tho 😉

WRF3MD

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150/Ranger
Clubs

Screenshot_20200709-003500_Chrome.jpg
If like a wrangler, the back seat of a 2 dr is not meant for people that you care for. So a floor vent 'slot', ugly wall of black plastic, no windows etc. shouldn't be surprising as it would be a waste of production $'s to spend much effort/features on that area. If you need passengers, 4 dr is the obvious answer and why the JLU is so much more popular than the JL despite the higher cost and way worse breakover.
The back seat on a two door is a funny thing, when the weather was good friends would fight over the backseat, when a storm came up and I put the soft top back on they hated it. Oh well, I had my seat haha

FourHorses

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

If it wasn’t meant to have rear passengers there wouldn’t be a seat. If it wasn’t meant to have rear passengers the front seats wouldn’t slide forward. If it wasn’t meant to have rear passengers it wouldn’t matter where the roll bar is. If it wasn’t meant to have rear passengers the cargo area would be completely flat. If it wasn’t meant to have rear passengers there wouldn’t be seat belts. If it wasn’t meant to have rear passengers the modular top wouldn’t have a port hole roof.

But occasionally a 2 door owner may just want the roof on and the doors and side windows off. Regardless of rear passengers. If your paying for a modular hard top, I don’t think that’s too much to ask unless it is a design problem to do so.

Its not a Porsche, it’s ok to want some features in the rear passenger area of the vehicle.

Rollerstud98

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Clubs

Hey uh @The Pope, if the 2 door 'modular' top as you call it, doesn't have removable windows, how is it modular? It's just a regular top at that point.

Sorry, I couldn't resist being Captain Obvious on this one. I still love ya tho 😉
Captain obvious the machine gun turret hatch only found on the modular top 😉

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Am I the only who doesn't care if people complain about being in th back seat, if they whine then that's fine, walk then if it's such an issue

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 BMW M3 (Track Car) & 2008 Nissan Armada

New Q&A session said no removable windows for the 2-door, only the gun turret hatch.

I was told there would be removable windows in the 2-door modular, but the preproduction roof I saw didn't have it.

I don't know what to think. 🤷‍♂️

EvlNvrDys

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Captain obvious the machine gun turret hatch only found on the modular top 😉
Then I guess Ford doesn't really know what modular is... A gun turret hatch is nothing more than a moonroof. I'd take modular to mean removable window panels... But that's just me.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
@EsvlNvrDy sometimes Captain Obvious can be Obviously Mistaken...... and FoMoCo can call anything that they design whatever they want. 🤷‍♂️

Thanks @Rollerstud98 & @Aman

Squatch

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Jeep
No, side windows that could be opened/closed at any time. Seems like a super simple/easy thing to add that would greatly benefit people in the back seat.
Among 78-79 Broncos, the rear tops with sliding windows are highly sought after compared to the fixed versions. If Ford's rock stars really knew their Bronco history, they'd know that fact. Nobody wants a gunner's hatch unless they can legally mount a crew served weapon up there.

Even then, I'd have to decide between driving and being on the gun. I think I'd trust my wife with a machine gun before I let her drive my new Bronco, so...

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 535i, X7
If it wasn’t meant to have rear passengers there wouldn’t be a seat. If it wasn’t meant to have rear passengers the front seats wouldn’t slide forward. If it wasn’t meant to have rear passengers it wouldn’t matter where the roll bar is. If it wasn’t meant to have rear passengers the cargo area would be completely flat. If it wasn’t meant to have rear passengers there wouldn’t be seat belts. If it wasn’t meant to have rear passengers the modular top wouldn’t have a port hole roof.

But occasionally a 2 door owner may just want the roof on and the doors and side windows off. Regardless of rear passengers. If your paying for a modular hard top, I don’t think that’s too much to ask unless it is a design problem to do so.

Its not a Porsche, it’s ok to want some features in the rear passenger area of the vehicle.
Ever sat in the back of a MINI Cooper (not a Clubman or Countryman)? You’d better fit in a car seat or be an amputee. I’ve not seen the 2 door tops up close but it seems like the aftermarket might be able to build a replacement window if there is demand.

Advertisement

Advertisement