Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150/Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Sliding Rear Window - 2dr Screenshot_20200709-003500_Chrome
If like a wrangler, the back seat of a 2 dr is not meant for people that you care for. So a floor vent 'slot', ugly wall of black plastic, no windows etc. shouldn't be surprising as it would be a waste of production $'s to spend much effort/features on that area. If you need passengers, 4 dr is the obvious answer and why the JLU is so much more popular than the JL despite the higher cost and way worse breakover.
The back seat on a two door is a funny thing, when the weather was good friends would fight over the backseat, when a storm came up and I put the soft top back on they hated it. Oh well, I had my seat haha
Sponsored

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If it wasn’t meant to have rear passengers there wouldn’t be a seat. If it wasn’t meant to have rear passengers the front seats wouldn’t slide forward. If it wasn’t meant to have rear passengers it wouldn’t matter where the roll bar is. If it wasn’t meant to have rear passengers the cargo area would be completely flat. If it wasn’t meant to have rear passengers there wouldn’t be seat belts. If it wasn’t meant to have rear passengers the modular top wouldn’t have a port hole roof.

But occasionally a 2 door owner may just want the roof on and the doors and side windows off. Regardless of rear passengers. If your paying for a modular hard top, I don’t think that’s too much to ask unless it is a design problem to do so.

Its not a Porsche, it’s ok to want some features in the rear passenger area of the vehicle.

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey uh @The Pope, if the 2 door 'modular' top as you call it, doesn't have removable windows, how is it modular? It's just a regular top at that point.

Sorry, I couldn't resist being Captain Obvious on this one. I still love ya tho ?
Captain obvious the machine gun turret hatch only found on the modular top ?

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey uh @The Pope, if the 2 door 'modular' top as you call it, doesn't have removable windows, how is it modular? It's just a regular top at that point.

Sorry, I couldn't resist being Captain Obvious on this one. I still love ya tho ?
New Q&A session said no removable windows for the 2-door, only the gun turret hatch.

I was told there would be removable windows in the 2-door modular, but the preproduction roof I saw didn't have it.

I don't know what to think. ?‍♂

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Captain obvious the machine gun turret hatch only found on the modular top ?
Then I guess Ford doesn't really know what modular is... A gun turret hatch is nothing more than a moonroof. I'd take modular to mean removable window panels... But that's just me.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@EsvlNvrDy sometimes Captain Obvious can be Obviously Mistaken...... and FoMoCo can call anything that they design whatever they want. ?‍♂

Thanks @Rollerstud98 & @Aman

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, side windows that could be opened/closed at any time. Seems like a super simple/easy thing to add that would greatly benefit people in the back seat.
Among 78-79 Broncos, the rear tops with sliding windows are highly sought after compared to the fixed versions. If Ford's rock stars really knew their Bronco history, they'd know that fact. Nobody wants a gunner's hatch unless they can legally mount a crew served weapon up there.

Even then, I'd have to decide between driving and being on the gun. I think I'd trust my wife with a machine gun before I let her drive my new Bronco, so...

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If it wasn’t meant to have rear passengers there wouldn’t be a seat. If it wasn’t meant to have rear passengers the front seats wouldn’t slide forward. If it wasn’t meant to have rear passengers it wouldn’t matter where the roll bar is. If it wasn’t meant to have rear passengers the cargo area would be completely flat. If it wasn’t meant to have rear passengers there wouldn’t be seat belts. If it wasn’t meant to have rear passengers the modular top wouldn’t have a port hole roof.

But occasionally a 2 door owner may just want the roof on and the doors and side windows off. Regardless of rear passengers. If your paying for a modular hard top, I don’t think that’s too much to ask unless it is a design problem to do so.

Its not a Porsche, it’s ok to want some features in the rear passenger area of the vehicle.
Ever sat in the back of a MINI Cooper (not a Clubman or Countryman)? You’d better fit in a car seat or be an amputee. I’ve not seen the 2 door tops up close but it seems like the aftermarket might be able to build a replacement window if there is demand.

Sponsored

JimBob14

Badlands
First Name
Jim Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F350 Dually
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It just be nice to throw the dog in back and take off knowing he had a window to hang his head out. That all I’d want one for. I am looking for aftermarket sliding window for 2 door top for that reason. If anyone has started making one could someone point me in that direction?

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
It just be nice to throw the dog in back and take off knowing he had a window to hang his head out. That all I’d want one for. I am looking for aftermarket sliding window for 2 door top for that reason. If anyone has started making one could someone point me in that direction?
Doesn't exist, yet

There's probably no way to avoid hearing of it when it happens

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wait, people put 'passengers' in the back of a 2-door??
I thought that space was just for the junk I carry around back there.

I'd say it's an 'opportunity' for the Aftermarket. I'm sure there's someone out there that would customize a stock hard top windows like this as well. If you put out the challenge, someone is bound to step up and show it can be done. (see V8 & solid front axle conversions)
Sponsored