Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ohh it's bad... Like 3-4" of dead space

Ford Bronco Snacktime's Broken Bronco Build PXL_20230607_144154705

Lol I like it better upsidedown, go figure

Ford Bronco Snacktime's Broken Bronco Build PXL_20230607_144154705

Ohh I forget to bolt up my sway bar all the way so that next
I had thought of getting the Mabett and mounting it upside down, but that would have required some bending to clear the crossover pipe. So, I went with the Asfir, it runs dead level, on those w/o sway bar disco, so that's better, but still a lot of dead space to transmission pan. It's minimal width so least hangy down area and good air flow.

OP
OP
Snacktime

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had thought of getting the Mabett and mounting it upside down, but that would have required some bending to clear the crossover pipe. So, I went with the Asfir, it runs dead level, on those w/o sway bar disco, so that's better, but still a lot of dead space to transmission pan. It's minimal width so least hangy down area and good air flow.
If Mabett or Asfir was steel I would have jump on them and add steel. This is just the biggest skid plate I could find in 3/16 steel.

First cut

Ford Bronco Snacktime's Broken Bronco Build PXL_20230607_150201727

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If Mabett or Asfir was steel I would have jump on them and add steel. This is just the biggest skid plate I could find in 3/16 steel.

First cut

Ford Bronco Snacktime's Broken Bronco Build PXL_20230607_150201727
So, are you modifying to go upside down or recontouring right side up? I think they make them drop to clear those with sway bar disco,

OP
OP
Snacktime

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Flattened one side out. Need to test fit and see what else I can do. This got me another 1" of clearance. I can still be d.it for more if needed it's on tacked together enough to mock up.
Ford Bronco Snacktime's Broken Bronco Build PXL_20230607_222825690

Ford Bronco Snacktime's Broken Bronco Build PXL_20230607_222829275

Sponsored
OP
OP
Snacktime

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mostly worked on Robert's Bronco today and need to post about what I found. I thought I would get more done on my skid plate but his bronco ended up being very educational.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Good lord I guess they wanted some free space there in case the skid failed and buckled up LOL

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Time will tell, it's always that bottom inch that hangs up...and you eliminated that??:unsure:...Right?

I noticed you flipped the lower bolts (also the bottom inch) on the 5100's like I did, not sure why this would not be universally recommended in the instructions for all lifts.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Snacktime

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Time will tell, it's always that bottom inch that hangs up...and you eliminated that??:unsure:...Right?

I noticed you flipped the lower bolts (also the bottom inch) on the 5100's like I did, not sure why this would not be universally recommended in the instructions for all lifts.
I gained 2" of clearance over my metalcloak, I am pretty happy with the current clearance. With time rocks will get me another 1" as the modified skid starts to deform. I am shopping some different hardware (better clearance and large head) but my only concern is the 6 10mm bolts holding the skid on.

I flipped my strut a arm bolts so I can pull the lower leveling kit spacer if I want to lower the front down.

Ford Bronco Snacktime's Broken Bronco Build 1686332127162

OP
OP
Snacktime

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bad resolution, but the sides should bend up and self clearance with time. The red line is the 1" square tubing reinforcing the plate and hopefully become where the skid plate will yield.
Ford Bronco Snacktime's Broken Bronco Build 1686333456610