Sponsored

So, if I don't convert my reservations, what should I get?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Be creative!

Look at your pre-Italian options at https://www.rubitrux.com/

Buy a solid used JKUR and drop a Hemi do an LS Swap.

Buy a base Bronco and do a really cool build.
Sponsored

CFC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee overland
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Shit the new 4 Runner will be here before the Bronco at this rate . I may go down that road

joeramirez

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wait for the 2022 Bronco or updated Toyota 4Runner.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As I posted in the big Levine thread, I don't *need* a new vehicle. BUT, I would like to have something smaller than my wife's CVN-sized F-150 SCrew for more convenience when running around town.

I'd like to have utility along the lines of the Bronco's interior storage with the seats down. No need for carrying 4x8 sheets or towing -- the F-150 Screw ain't goin' anywhere any time soon.

No need for a sports car, as I already have a C7 Z06, and if I'm well behaved I can drive my wife's Mustang convertible :).

Not looking for another vehicle as big as a full-size pickup.

My machinations so far:

Jeep is out -- it's an FCA product.

Land Rover Defender is out -- I really like the new Defender, but early returns are showing that severe reliability issues still plague the brand.

Colorado is getting long in the tooth. It is still a couple years away from a redo, and I would not want to buy the current version, as it's pretty weak relative to its segment contenders.

Ranger is out, both because it also is about to be put on a stronger chassis and get other upgrades soon, and ... well ... Ford's recent abysmal performance with the Bronco.

Tacoma will soon be updated to the same platform as next year's replacement for the now-ancient Tundra, and while super reliable, currently they have uninspired interiors and performance (the Tundra's gas 5.7L is powerful, but it's mpg is lousy; it's just old and hence lacking up-to-date technology and efficiency). I'm also concerned that the Tacoma will be following the industry trend to ever-bigger pickups.

Nissan makes a good enough truck, but Nissan corporate and Renault are currently having huge structural problems, and I'm not willing to place my bets on a weak and potentially (although unlikely) imploding company.

Not interested in Subarus.

What are your suggestions for non-sedan, easy-to-manuever-in-town vehicles with sufficient interior utility for things like comfortable car camping?

Thanks!
Do they still make the X5M? I drove one at the BMW plant in SC about 5 years ago, it was pretty impressive both on the track and their off road course.

Edit- They do! $105k, not bad!

DFFD1767-45BD-41AC-ABBD-DC9379B888E3.jpg

OP
OP

mneblett

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2019 Mustang GT vert, 2019 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's not so much settling for something, it's about having something utilitarian around for bad weather, quick drives to the store, etc. so I don't need to take out the Corvette or pull the cover off the Mustang to be able to drive it. The short trips are hard on exhausts and engine oil (moisture that remains if the car doesn't fully warm up), which is not what I'd like to do with the Z06 or the Mustang. So this vehicle would be a mere placeholder while waiting for something else to come along in 2-3 years.

Separate thought: Despite earlier saying I wouldn't want to buy an FCA vehicle, I've never driven a Jeep Wrangler, so today I test-drove a 2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara. Nice car, except for the steering -- very little self-centering (steering wheel didn't really want to come back to center after a turn), and constant course corrections needed. So that pretty much confirms Jeep is out.

Time to start wandering though used car sales sources on the Internet to see if there's something out there that would make me smile, to hold me over for a couple years.

Sponsored

Ambassador

Badlands
First Name
Standing_Bear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, 2022 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would say 2021 Honda Civic. Nothing can beat it!!

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I recently discovered the AT4 trim on the GMCs. I don't normally like GMC stuff but the Canyon and Acadia with the AT4 package is very interesting. Even has the interior most of us wanted on the Bronco. Tows 4,000lbs too.
Ford Bronco So, if I don't convert my reservations, what should I get? DFFD1767-45BD-41AC-ABBD-DC9379B888E3

Ford Bronco So, if I don't convert my reservations, what should I get? DFFD1767-45BD-41AC-ABBD-DC9379B888E3
Same , just found them also, researching after the price raise!!
AT4 runs across all their lines, I built a few 2500 series trucks and Acadias, lol!

OP, the one thing that keeps bringing me back to the 4runner as a back up/bridge vehicle purchase is the damn near non-existant depreciation. In a year or three, you'll be down very little and have a pretyy cool ride in the mean time.
I know with other brands/models, a refresh usually has little to no effect on resale of older versions.
Sponsored