Maxvelocity

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’ve had a ‘24 Bronco Raptor on order. With all the crazy EV, China-build, UAW strike… uncertainty, I pulled the trigger on a 2 door Wildtrack yesterday. Just have a gut feeling I’ll never see the Braptor. I’ve enjoyed my 1977 Classic Bronco so much, I really wanted the new vehicle experience with a 6G.
The test drive the previous day was great. I felt confident all was in working order, certainly enough to make the purchase. After all the buying process was complete I hopped in for the triumphant meandering drive home. To my dismay, a barrage of error codes related to the ABS greeted me on the instrument cluster. Its maiden voyage was merely a few yards to the service department.
I’m not exactly sure how long it waited until a tech began assessing the faults. No information came until the next day. That morning, an ABS code related to the left front was cleared and all was well.
With the experiences I’ve learned about on this forum (thanks to everyone for sharing!), I’m having trouble accepting that the problem is solved. I’ve got a feeling water from the pre-delivery wash has entered the wire harness at a connector or opening somewhere creating a short.
I was wondering if any had issues after water fording or playing in the wet stuff?
Sponsored

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Worst case is probably just a wheel speed sensor. Ive seen them get damaged from debris in the road. I doubt it got water in it since theyre down low and designed to be protected. These trucks are built to ford almost 3ft. The limiting factor on 2.7 is low mounted alternator.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Probably a bad sensor or connection. About 5 mi from dealer my Check Engine light comes on....ack. It was just a bad connection but took a few weeks to order and receive.

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The wheel speed sensors are notorious for causing the dash to light up, ABS not to work, 4WD to go out, etc. I’ve been lucky that mine are sealed up well. I recommend carrying some sort of cleaning element for the sensor and/or sealing them yourself. I’m ordering a few spare sensors since they are $40 a pop.
I’ve had a few instances where my wheeling style tripped up the computers and I lost 4WD and lockers on the trail. Cycling the power always brought it all back to normal though. Bronco doesn’t seem to like rocks from a computer stand point.

OP
OP
Maxvelocity

Maxvelocity

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Is there a recommended procedure for sealing? Sounds like spares are a must.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Maxvelocity

Maxvelocity

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Relatively speaking, we can’t really ascertain who’s winning.

Cold_steel

Badlands
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve had a ‘24 Bronco Raptor on order. With all the crazy EV, China-build, UAW strike… uncertainty, I pulled the trigger on a 2 door Wildtrack yesterday. Just have a gut feeling I’ll never see the Braptor. I’ve enjoyed my 1977 Classic Bronco so much, I really wanted the new vehicle experience with a 6G.
The test drive the previous day was great. I felt confident all was in working order, certainly enough to make the purchase. After all the buying process was complete I hopped in for the triumphant meandering drive home. To my dismay, a barrage of error codes related to the ABS greeted me on the instrument cluster. Its maiden voyage was merely a few yards to the service department.
I’m not exactly sure how long it waited until a tech began assessing the faults. No information came until the next day. That morning, an ABS code related to the left front was cleared and all was well.
With the experiences I’ve learned about on this forum (thanks to everyone for sharing!), I’m having trouble accepting that the problem is solved. I’ve got a feeling water from the pre-delivery wash has entered the wire harness at a connector or opening somewhere creating a short.
I was wondering if any had issues after water fording or playing in the wet stuff?
I actually had a couple of brake system faults pop up the first day I had my Bronco. That was in December 2021 and I’ve literally never seen the errors again to this day. Maybe it was a brake in issue ;)

OP
OP
Maxvelocity

Maxvelocity

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I was informed today by the dealership that the wheel speed sensor connection was not properly seated. From all the input received, this is no surprise. I really appreciate the feedback from you all. Hopefully my next post will be related to a high-speed mod and not another pesky electron disruption.

Sponsored

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Possibly a faulty sensor, more likely a connector that is not completely seated. See that often, sucks it happens on a brand new vehicle.

OP
OP
Maxvelocity

Maxvelocity

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Don’t get rid of your ‘77….
The amount of blood, sweat, and tears I’ve got invested in the ‘77 make it very hard to part with. Wife wouldn’t let me sell it anyway.
Sponsored