First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think the hood can just be popped out by a good dent guy, have to see if the paint is actually cracked. Even if it ended up with a little ripple, I'd be adding a bug deflector, so you'd never see it.

Don't know about the grill.

And along with everyone else, I think it's the perfect opportunity/excuse to upgrade the bumper.

CarStory

Big Bend
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, VW GTI, Subaru STI, Toyota Yaris HB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Long story, running late for work, slipped the clutch, bam! Right into the back of a box truck. So stupid on my part. It's minor, but you guys know how long its gonna take to get parts.
PXL_20220518_131147684.jpg
At least with the 2.3L you don't have to worry about the engine exploding.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I kinda like it. Adds character. It wont be the first or the last. If you do get it fixed, I'd say just wait for a good aftermarket hood. If it was mine, I'd try to pound it out a little with a hammer and then maybe add some black stripe to that section of the hood...or something to hide it.

Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like @Jazer said. You should be able to get that pounded out by a dent dude. The plasti-cracks are minimal.

If it makes you feel any better, I drove from Nashville to Cali. to see my cousins, and... (About a month after delivery.

Met a Bus driver who swore the light was green:
tempImageAF6ybe.jpg
tempImageAF6ybe.jpg
Not an easy fix.

Joey.calc

Black Diamond
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is what I would do:

Have the insurance company cut you a check for the damages.

Have a body shop fix the hood.

The grill absolutely looks repairable. A little glue, body filler, some paint, and a little bit of work, and you can come out with an awesome custom look.

That crappy plastic bumper needed to go anyway, now you have an excuse to upgrade.
Do insurance companies even "cut you a check" anymore? It's a lot more hassle than that nowadays LOL

Joey.calc

Black Diamond
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Long story, running late for work, slipped the clutch, bam! Right into the back of a box truck. So stupid on my part. It's minor, but you guys know how long its gonna take to get parts.
How did you slip the clutch? One of the first important things you learn in driving a manual is to put the vehicle in neutral and release the clutch at a stop - don't just sit there with the clutch pedal depressed. I took my Driver's Ed class with a manual (the last year they offered it with a manual at my high school) and this was one of the things they pounded into our heads.

Of course, I could be missing some info in your story. And whether you did that or not, I am sorry for your loss! It may be a headache, but it will certainly get fixed and be fine.

OP
OP
twyoung1975

twyoung1975

Base
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 C10, Nissan Versa, Jeep Grand Cherokee L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How did you slip the clutch? One of the first important things you learn in driving a manual is to put the vehicle in neutral and release the clutch at a stop - don't just sit there with the clutch pedal depressed. I took my Driver's Ed class with a manual (the last year they offered it with a manual at my high school) and this was one of the things they pounded into our heads.

Of course, I could be missing some info in your story. And whether you did that or not, I am sorry for your loss! It may be a headache, but it will certainly get fixed and be fine.
Like I said long story, lol. I have been driving a stick for 30 years, but sometimes we all just screw up.

Sponsored

ZipZit

Badlands
First Name
Zip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape, 2008 Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One thing I've seen lately that was pretty impressive. Robby Layton is a Bodyshop guy in Utah that has a nice youtube channel. Here's an episode where he does some repair on a vehicle plastic grill. The repair work is in the first few minutes of this video... Oops, the majority of the grill work is at time 20:28 on the youtube clock. He makes that old grill perfect. Amazing work.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
No, you got that dent from some serious off-road action, conquering a fridge sized boulder in Moab. That's the story to tell. :)

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If it makes you feel any better I dented the hood of a brand new car by pulling up too far in a parking spot. Ran right into one of those concrete pillars in front of the propane tanks, you live and learn.

You're okay, the truck can be fixed, and that's what matters.

j_4260

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3, Ducati M620, BMW GSA 1200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ah damn, sorry to hear/see that! Don't worry, it happens to all of us! A few weeks ago, I was in a rush too and I managed to scrap my hatchback's wheel pulling into the garage.

Dez

Big Bend
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang, 2021 Hyundai Kona, 2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I got into a fender bender with mine about 1.5 months ago. The body shop has had it for a month, found more damage when they took it apart and told me today that it will be another month before they are supposed to get the remaining two parts they are waiting for. They were supposed to be arriving may 12th and 13th. That was changed to June 17th and 20th...hopefully. Ford can't do anything right at this point.

Also, the loaner car I have is a Chevy Traverse. Such an awful vehicle.

The only good news is that I finally got my 67 mustang running again so at least I can drive that.
Sponsored