Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Don’t these have hill start stop assist. Maybe it decided to lock the brakes down.
Has automatic emergency braking too so it definitely can put on the brakes but it shouldn't have as nothing was there and I didn't see a warning for AEB.
Sponsored

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has automatic emergency braking too so it definitely can put on the brakes but it shouldn't have as nothing was there and I didn't see a warning for AEB.
Hill assist for the steep incline you mentioned. Maybe it detected a roll back before you got your foot to the brake and it locked it down before you did.

OP
OP
Lil Red Broncette

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hill assist for the steep incline you mentioned. Maybe it detected a roll back before you got your foot to the brake and it locked it down before you did.
Roll back was possible there, but isn't that feature really for manual transmission?

In any case there is a place I do a maneuver to turn around where I intentionally let it roll back, sometimes leaving it in drive and never experienced something like that.

OP
OP
Lil Red Broncette

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
My auto sometimes makes oddly aggressive 1-2 and 2-1 shifts where it will pull really hard against the brakes, especially when cold. Doesn't explain the noise, though...
The noise could be caused by backlash of the drive train rapidly pushed one way and back. I suspect a combination of that at the exact time as the engine stop/start (which maybe caused the backlash whiplash) and brakes grabbing all created the illusion of being bumped. Someone else posted experience very similar thing in the same sort of rise when going from gas to brake rapidly.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Roll back was possible there, but isn't that feature really for manual transmission?

In any case there is a place I do a maneuver to turn around where I intentionally let it roll back, sometimes leaving it in drive and never experienced something like that.
It’s actually a feature on both.
Sponsored