Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Base w/ Sasquatch package
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

One of the first mods I bought for my bronco was a trailer hitch, hitch extender (to go further than the wheel) and a bumper bully. I live in NJ and this stuff happens too often, with my hitch and bumper bully (total like $200 for all 3 parts) I feel a lot more protected from rear ends and people who can't park.
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good idea. But how could it ever be inforced. Also, our courts would dismiss it as an undue hardship.
You involved in an accident and cop has reason to believe you were texting they can use probable cause and take phone as evidence. I assume this is how they're reporting some/most of the stats where texting is cited. Undue hardship? OK, if under 18 force them to appear in court and prove hardship, then set conditions for a 90 day period. Not that it would be as effective as a 90 day suspension, but hopefully it would be enough of a deterrent that recidivism numbers drop.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's some decent damage on the car. Lol it may have been totaled if it had hit my rear. Full Warn Elite Armoured bumper. I'm also lifted. That is the one great thing, people tend to pay attention when around my RIG.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You involved in an accident and cop has reason to believe you were texting they can use probable cause and take phone as evidence. I assume this is how they're reporting some/most of the stats where texting is cited. Undue hardship? OK, if under 18 force them to appear in court and prove hardship, then set conditions for a 90 day period. Not that it would be as effective as a 90 day suspension, but hopefully it would be enough of a deterrent that recidivism numbers drop.
I’m on your side! Unfortunately there aren’t enough LEO’s to go around. I think you could drive across Houston and back at 120 MPH, ten times without getting a speeding ticket. Really!!

I was grateful when my youngest daughter was involved in a minor accident (like the one posted) with NO INJURIES. Now she knows it CAN happen to her.

Had a work acquaintance whose daughter was killed while texting and driving. That’s the ultimate punishment and hardship.

Sponsored

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
bumper and tailgate? anything else? rear frame?
Yes and yes and slight bend in the right side frame where the bumper attaches. The body shop tech had to show me where to look. Porta power pulled it right out! slight scratch on the spare wheel, they sent to a wheel repair shop and looked new when it got back. Small scratch on the spare, got a new tire, and the body shop let me keep the original spare.

Danny's Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shoes! Waiting for that 2 door to ship!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Man that sucks! Happened to me in an F150 I was really excited about years ago. I think it had like 17 miles on it and they did like 35k damage to it. She ended up underneath the bed of my truck.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
:) The lady that hit us came walking by the Bronco she said "Damn, my car is destroyed and yours doesn't even look like it has a scratch! The highway patrolman asked me where my car was damaged, I had to point it out to him.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m on your side! Unfortunately there aren’t enough LEO’s to go around. I think you could drive across Houston and back at 120 MPH, ten times without getting a speeding ticket. Really!!

I was grateful when my youngest daughter was involved in a minor accident (like the one posted) with NO INJURIES. Now she knows it CAN happen to her.

Had a work acquaintance whose daughter was killed while texting and driving. That’s the ultimate punishment and hardship.
A lot of them are avoidable but I think the screen addiction cycle has to be interrupted by something beside a parent or guardian when it's a minor. Obviously imposing another law or punishment is wishful thinking, I know it's not likely to happen. Just think there needs to be some wake up call to motivate behavioral change so there isn't a next time with possibility of the same or worse outcome. Hell, how many "got rear ended" posts have we seen here on this forum where texting was a factor?

Sponsored

JuztQu3zt

Outer Banks
First Name
jhanny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 camaro 2ss
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My second wreck in this area with a teenage girl on her phone... other was in my old 4Runner

Ford Bronco Got rear-ended monty-python-tisbutascratch

And lol at the damage to Juice:

Ford Bronco Got rear-ended monty-python-tisbutascratch
When was ordering my bronco originally I was gonna go white and planned on getting custom plate saying da juice or glovedtfit but end up going all black , everybody around me laughed when I told them the idea

jayson

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BlackDiamond SAS 4DR HT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Glad you're okay that's always the most important. Fairness, the front end always looks worse in rear end accidents. I would be curious how the bronco looks in a reverse scenario... safely and staged of course.

Skeeterjack

Outer Banks
First Name
RON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018MUSTANG GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Reminds me of a true story of my buddy getting pulled over for distracted driving. He was getting a blow job while driving and the cop let him off. LOL

Victorsen

Badlands
First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hope you filed a depreciation claim since it was not your fault. That should be in addition to the payout to fix the damage
Sponsored