First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak | 2-Door | Lux
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
One of the first mods I bought for my bronco was a trailer hitch, hitch extender (to go further than the wheel) and a bumper bully. I live in NJ and this stuff happens too often, with my hitch and bumper bully (total like $200 for all 3 parts) I feel a lot more protected from rear ends and people who can't park.
I installed the receiver hitch as well, have the extender. I might have to start wielding it, my shins be damned.
Sponsored

OP
OP
CodyMac

CodyMac

Wildtrak
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak | 2-Door | Lux
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Glad everyone’s okay!

What area in Texas, so I can avoid it… Jk 🤣
Haha Rockwall (hi, neighbor!)

This girl just pulled right out in front of me when I was going 45 or so. She got very lucky. I was able to drive it home, no problem. This is about 100 yds from where I got rear-ended in my Bronco.

Ford Bronco Got rear-ended 1689692052094

Ford Bronco Got rear-ended 1689692100118

LOSTXGOLD

Base
First Name
TEO
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lostgoldx.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAV4, past: 2013 BMW 328i, 370Z, XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base

This girl just pulled right out in front of me when I was going 45 or so. She got very lucky. I was able to drive it home, no problem. This is about 100 yds from where I got rear-ended in my Bronco.

Wow, that’s unfortunate!

I’m in Garland, so not too far.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A lot of them are avoidable but I think the screen addiction cycle has to be interrupted by something beside a parent or guardian when it's a minor. Obviously imposing another law or punishment is wishful thinking, I know it's not likely to happen. Just think there needs to be some wake up call to motivate behavioral change so there isn't a next time with possibility of the same or worse outcome. Hell, how many "got rear ended" posts have we seen here on this forum where texting was a factor?
The addictive behavior embedded in modern technology and media is a real issue. Between some family members and some kids I know, asking them to put down their phone or taking it away gets a reaction like a heroin addict 24hrs from the last score. Not just when driving, just trying to have a conversation. Adding in teenagers who aren't particularly aware of their surroundings while driving, it just ups the ante. Maybe if that addictive feedback loop weren't so profitable...

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got into an accident in high school (east Houston) when two guys I KNEW were skipping school. I was coming down a four lane road with a turn lane (five total) and they just pulled out in their '82 Cadillac Sedan Deville. It was a boat on wheels. My '82 Ford F-250 with homemade cattle killer 1/2 steel bumper destroyed the right fender, hood and wheel and they had to tow it off. Meanwhile, my power steering squeaked for a few days and I had small white scratch on my bumper. I heard the dad of one of the guys was pretty pissed, since it was his car and he had told them not to drive it to school. I never saw either one at school again.

I'll never forget them trying to say they couldn't see me coming and the cop turning and taking a looong look at my gigantic gold truck with rollbar and lights and turning back and just laughing. The only reason they didn't see me was 'cuz they didn't look.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The addictive behavior embedded in modern technology and media is a real issue. Between some family members and some kids I know, asking them to put down their phone or taking it away gets a reaction like a heroin addict 24hrs from the last score. Not just when driving, just trying to have a conversation. Adding in teenagers who aren't particularly aware of their surroundings while driving, it just ups the ante. Maybe if that addictive feedback loop weren't so profitable...
Exactly!

BRBUSTER72

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 XTERRA '16 SUPER DUTY '18 EQUINOX DIESEL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There should be a law that requires a 90 day license suspension for anyone causing an accident due to texting or being distracted by mobile device.
It would be nice if they could make vehicles jam any signal in close proximity to the drivers seat unless the vehicle is in park.

Arrmjr

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord and Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can only do that if you own it outright.
That's not true, at least not in Washington. Mine was damaged by someone else, and their insurance offered to write me a check based on the estimate, or have the body shop take care of it.

BRBUSTER72

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 XTERRA '16 SUPER DUTY '18 EQUINOX DIESEL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You involved in an accident and cop has reason to believe you were texting they can use probable cause and take phone as evidence. I assume this is how they're reporting some/most of the stats where texting is cited. Undue hardship? OK, if under 18 force them to appear in court and prove hardship, then set conditions for a 90 day period. Not that it would be as effective as a 90 day suspension, but hopefully it would be enough of a deterrent that recidivism numbers drop.
If it doesn't hurt in someway they won't learn anything from it.

Heelabaloo

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

On my way home on the commuter bus yesterday we passed a young woman, maybe in her 20’s, driving about 65 on the interstate and typing out a text message. Sadly, it’s not the first time I’ve seen it.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't text while driving. May do a quick reply "yes or no" at a stoplight but I'm not going to be that guy.

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only thing I'm doing with my phone while driving is constantly hitting the refresh button on the Ford vehicle tracker.

mhtucker78

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

"gets a reaction like a heroin addict 24hrs from the last score " Or worse your request is completely ignored as if they didn't even hear you cause the dopamine hit is so strong.

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just make sure there isn’t any underlying damage. We have been rear ended and the cosmetic damage wasn’t too bad. But when I took a look underneath, it was clear there was damage to the bumper arms/mounts. Meaning that if I didn’t fix it, the next hit could get to the frame.​

KC5MO

Wildtrak
First Name
Herbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak, 1975 CJ5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There should be a law that requires a 90 day license suspension for anyone causing an accident due to texting or being distracted by mobile device.
I would take it further and add 180 days on the second offence and a buss pass on the third, no more license.
Sponsored