Sponsored

Soft top - are there more than 1 factory design?

Area51outerbanks

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco outerbanks 4dr area51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Watched a couple youtube video's and seems like there maybe a base top and a premium top.
anyone else have any input?
when you order the high or lux package it talks about "more sound deadner"

one video has a base and also a badland high package, he said the tops were different, the badlands was thicker/heavier.
Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nope. OEM is same across the board. Perhaps you saw a Bestop version.

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There is a premium option available from Bestop called the Trektop and you can add it as an option when you build your Bronco. It fits nicer than the factory version and also has a fastback rear which looks cool. You cannot fold the top all the way back into the cargo area though like the factory top and you also can't lift the rear portion up to access cargo easily like the factory softtop. Overall, it looks like it is built better than the factory top, though.

The stupid thing is you can't choose to get it INSTEAD of the regular softtop and the price is jacked way up on Ford's site vs. just going to Bestop's website and ordering it there. Buying it from Ford with your build covers the dealer install price if you don't want to put it on yourself, though.

Personally, I'm waiting for the Trektop Pro version that they make for Jeeps which are softops with actual glass in the rear windows that can be flipped up like the MIC hardtop.

OP
OP
Area51outerbanks

Area51outerbanks

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco outerbanks 4dr area51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I know about the aftermarket tops.
These video's talk about the facorty top

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the video guy is talking about the headliner that is optional on the hardtops, not the soft tops. There is only one factory soft top and then the Bestop option.

And what is this nonsense about the soft top rear vinyl windows shattering if you don't properly heat up the vehicle?? First I have heard about that.

Last edited:

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The sound deadening is on the hood and the firewall and comes with High and Lux

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m working to confirm this internally but there has been two variants of soft tops since the start of production now that I look deeper. I just never thought this was the meaning as it wasn’t exactly spelled out.

@flip I hope I don’t bug you with this but is there any insight on to clarifying?
Only one soft top part number, M2DZ-7852700-BA. Other options from Ford are the Bestop accessory. Don't see anything else in the parts cat but that's not to say there isn't a change for '22.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the YouTuber is mistaken or has their facts mixed up.

They are correct about the extra sound deadening under the hood.

As another commenter mentioned, I think the presenter may be confusing how and when the extra hardtop sound deadening is included.

Sponsored

Kekov721

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is a premium option available from Bestop called the Trektop and you can add it as an option when you build your Bronco. It fits nicer than the factory version and also has a fastback rear which looks cool. You cannot fold the top all the way back into the cargo area though like the factory top and you also can't lift the rear portion up to access cargo easily like the factory softtop. Overall, it looks like it is built better than the factory top, though.

The stupid thing is you can't choose to get it INSTEAD of the regular softtop and the price is jacked way up on Ford's site vs. just going to Bestop's website and ordering it there. Buying it from Ford with your build covers the dealer install price if you don't want to put it on yourself, though.

Personally, I'm waiting for the Trektop Pro version that they make for Jeeps which are softops with actual glass in the rear windows that can be flipped up like the MIC hardtop.
wow glad I checked. I was considering the fast back, but if it doesnt fold to the cargo area like the OEM - no thanks. Ill hold out for the aftermarket hard top fast back.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

And what is this nonsense about the soft top rear vinyl windows shattering if you don't properly heat up the vehicle?? First I have heard about that.
It’s actually a thing. This was lifting hatch in 5’ F

3E226BE4-0B51-4BF9-82EB-99F91C7C48FF.jpeg

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s actually a thing. This was lifting hatch in 5’ F

Ford Bronco Soft top - are there more than 1 factory design? 3E226BE4-0B51-4BF9-82EB-99F91C7C48FF
would make sense if you are trying to lift it..very cold temps make thin plastic brittle
Sponsored