Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I drilled small holes in both parts above and below the slots where the tabs hooked in and then threaded the wire through the holes.
Threading the wire through the holes is harder than it sounds. Any tips on how you did this?
Sponsored

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, about 1 minute after I posted this I got my first wire threaded. Here are some pics.
Ford Bronco Soft top broken tabs 963EC067-32A6-4891-BCA7-401AB0C251D1
Ford Bronco Soft top broken tabs 10C34BE3-D675-402A-9FFE-1D667E2AA16D

I broke the bottom two as you can see. It was real tight getting my hand up under the fabric to do the innermost tab. That one took about 35 minutes of trying before I finally got it threaded. What really helped me was sticking a wire in the second hole so I could feel where the hole was and thus position the real wire to try to hit the drilled hole.

raynaldo

Badlands
First Name
raynaldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mineā€™s broken. Texted pics to my dealer and waiting for response.

Ford Bronco Soft top broken tabs F6375C4A-5BC5-49E7-9016-79DAC77608E9

Ford Bronco Soft top broken tabs B159FAF0-43E7-48F4-872C-62A1847D7ECF

Last edited:

CheekyOldMan

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry didnā€™t read the whole thread. You should remove the sides of the back from the bottom first, not rip it out of its socket. Once the bottom is out, the top maneuvers out with minimal force.

raynaldo

Badlands
First Name
raynaldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry didnā€™t read the whole thread. You should remove the sides of the back from the bottom first, not rip it out of its socket. Once the bottom is out, the top maneuvers out with minimal force.
Yeah, Iā€™ve never taken the windows off. Just noticed the other day as I was cleaning it.

Sponsored
First Name
Adrienne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have an appt today at dealership accessory shop for the rivet fix. The two shop guys appear to have no clue what they are doing as this is the first one they have done. They are scratching their heads. Not at all confident in it being fixed properly. Iā€™m a little worried. Had to get a ride to work so now I wait. Wonder what the chances are they will call and say they canā€™t finish it today? The first 1-1/2 hours was spent with them saying the rivets wouldnā€™t work, etcā€¦and staring at it in bewilderment.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sounds like yours broke without any help...wtf?

For those still unaware, it just breaks my heart when folks still try to separate the corners from the rear window. They're not designed to take apart. Please please please watch the videos and save your own heartbreak. Pull the side windows, the pop the corners from the bottom, unsnap the buckles and slide the whole thing out. Yes, it's not flat when you pull it off, so you have to store it more carefully....I just lay mine on the rear seat and fold them down.

Last edited:

Kcmojoe76

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Took mine to the Dealership Friday morning and showed them the damaged clips, and the TSB associated. They called Late Saturday and said it is done and I can pick it up on Tuesday. I will go pick it up after work today and see how well the repair was done. Apprehensive at this point because I didn't have to argue or debate with the dealership.... super weird feeling.

stm378

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone else in no man's land with their dealer service department? I went in to the service department sometime in mid July (in person so I could actually show them the TSB on this). I showed him the TSB when I made the appointment and made it clear that it was the only reason that I was bringing the truck in. I showed him the rivet part that they'd need as well since that was in the TSB. I made an appointment that day for 2 weeks later to bring in the truck with the expectation that they'd use that 2 weeks to actually order the parts that they needed. Dropped off the truck on Wednesday evening for a 7 AM Thursday appointment. They did the child lock recall, which I neither asked them to do or needed them to do since I don't have any young kids and then finally called me on Friday afternoon after having the truck for 2 days to tell me that the didn't have the rivets. That was August 4th, about a month and a half ago. I've called back a few times since and they keep saying that they don't have them yet. I don't know if these rivets are more precious than gold or the dealer just doesn't want to do it, but I'm starting to get a bit impatient.

Sponsored

Stripes136

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought a soft top from someone in town last week and he was honest about the broken tabs. I decided to attempt the fix and put together a video hoping it helps those that want to do it themselves. Learn from my mistakesšŸ˜‰

robertgoulet

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrak, 22 Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm in the same boat. Took the top off this weekend, didn't notice anything at the time I removed it, but couldn't get it back on properly. Noticed I had 2 broken clips on the top of my back panel on the drivers side. I'll have to take it by the dealers and see what they can do for me. Bright side, had a blast going topless this weekend, just a drag to have to deal with finding a fix for this now.

Ford Bronco Soft top broken tabs B159FAF0-43E7-48F4-872C-62A1847D7ECF
Put my top back up today and this is a mirror image to what I see on my passenger side. Checked and Iā€™m missing the top 2 clips. Not sure if itā€™s something I did (I couldnā€™t find the clips anywhere) or if they popped at some point and I just didnā€™t notice.

RunhikeRVA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For anyone curious what the repair looks like I just had my done at the dealer and here is a picture from the inside.

0059A262-F435-4078-B62C-08976B3C1C4C.jpeg

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Now you can't take them apart! Lol

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought a soft top from someone in town last week and he was honest about the broken tabs. I decided to attempt the fix and put together a video hoping it helps those that want to do it themselves. Learn from my mistakesšŸ˜‰

This video is not getting enough likes or traction.
Great step-by-step for the DIY crowd.
I did my own as well, and this goes a long way to helping decipher the TSB.
Good job!
Sponsored