Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This video is not getting enough likes or traction.
Great step-by-step for the DIY crowd.
I did my own as well, and this goes a long way to helping decipher the TSB.
Good job!
Thank you very much. Was hoping it could help a few people that didn’t want to take it to the dealer. Not that hard of a fix and I have probably used the rivet gun on 15 projects since😉. Everything gets riveted now.
Sponsored

DarienJim

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
this is absolute bullshit for Ford to allow these plastic clips to hold this piece on. My hand barely slipped and caught the same spot on mine and the same thing happened! You can’t even replace the clips!!!
I did not read all 10 pages but my adult son was taking mine off over weekend and broke off tabs on one side. Just returned from dealer. There is a Ford service bulletin to have the dealers fix this. I just dropped my top off and I will see how they do. I think the fox is free too.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So no one watches the video. Should be a warning label, though no one would read that either.

DarienJim

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So no one watches the video. Should be a warning label, though no one would read that either.
Correct…my 30 year old son thought he knew better than to watch the videos on YouTube.

Last edited:

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did not read all 10 pages but my adult son was taking mine off over weekend and broke off tabs on one side. Just returned from dealer. There is a Ford service bulletin to have the dealers fix this. I just dropped my top off and I will see how they do. I think the fox is free too.
Is the service bulletin only to fix when broken? I’m picking mine up this weekend, should I ask them to do anything before I pick it up?

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Correct…my 30 year old son thought he knew better than to watch the videos on YouTube.
So sorry. The fix is easy. Dealers should warn.

robertgoulet

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrak, 22 Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Took mine in to the dealer to have them fix the top 2 on the passenger side. They called and said they had to order the parts. Went to pick it up (bc they weren’t sure how long it was gonna take for the parts to come in) and they told me they put a rush on the other and they’d call me when it was in. Didn’t really think anything of it, but got home and noticed they’d snapped off the rest of the tabs on that side and the canvas was hanging completely off the plastic. 🤡

robertgoulet

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrak, 22 Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Update - brought it back in today bc whatever they ordered was in. Sent them the service bulletin number. They didn't do the service fix they just replaced my whole rear window (and even the side window for some reason). Got the job done, I guess..but at more expense to them than was necessary.

Mr_Scoutmaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands / '22 BMW X5 45e M Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update - brought it back in today bc whatever they ordered was in. Sent them the service bulletin number. They didn't do the service fix they just replaced my whole rear window (and even the side window for some reason). Got the job done, I guess..but at more expense to them than was necessary.

^ This. Economically, it probably makes more sense to just replace the back panel. The rivet method is great, but if I get a new back panel out of it then so be it. My tabs seem fine though, I am pretty careful with my panels.

DarienJim

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine has been at dealer for 2 days...how long does it take them to put these rivets in???

Sponsored

DarienJim

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok got my back from the dealer. I was told it was a half day job (not really sure--seems like 30 minutes of work max. to me) but it actually "supposedly" took them two days. (I suspect they did not really work on it that long.)

Now that it is done, I am very concerned I am going to have issues with the rivets tearing through the soft top. There are two rivets pushing very hard against the top. The first pictures shows the larger one and the second one shows a smaller rivet pushing too against the top.

Anyone else have had a dealer put these in and if so, do you have similar pushing of the rivets? I am going to have an issues down the road?

tempImageovJwM3.png

tempImagexKChnV.png

Kcmojoe76

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok got my back from the dealer. I was told it was a half day job (not really sure--seems like 30 minutes of work max. to me) but it actually "supposedly" took them two days. (I suspect they did not really work on it that long.)

Now that it is done, I am very concerned I am going to have issues with the rivets tearing through the soft top. There are two rivets pushing very hard against the top. The first pictures shows the larger one and the second one shows a smaller rivet pushing too against the top.

Anyone else have had a dealer put these in and if so, do you have similar pushing of the rivets? I am going to have an issues down the road?

tempImageovJwM3.png

tempImagexKChnV.png
I will check mine after the game, but I dont remember seeing anything like this.

DarienJim

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Please send pictures. I suspect they did this wrong.

DarienJim

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If anyone else has had the Ford dealership put in the rivets can they send pictures today? If mine is wrong I would like to take it back to the dealer today before traveling tomorrow.

DarienJim

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just returned from dealer and they admitted when they fixed it, it did not look right. (Incredible they still had me pick up--did they not think I would notice.)

In fact they supposedly called Ford on the TBS Repair and sent photos to them (similar to what I posted above) and Ford said it looked right.

They agreed to take the Bronco back next week and try repairing again.

What a huge waste of time this all has been.....
Sponsored