Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well sh$t. Was very excited for over 70 today in MA and wanted to take the windows off the soft top. Even after watching the video numerous times I still screwed up. Overall it was an easy process and not the tops fault, but much like many first times...it wasn't smooth and I broke some clips. Pics below.

Thoughts on if I can fix or do I need a new rear window? Any idea of the cost of new rear window?

Ford Bronco Soft Top Fail E089BCA9-2535-4A48-9465-F1BC65EC48C0

Ford Bronco Soft Top Fail A52856CD-7BB7-401E-A6A5-9DADE646ECC6

Ford Bronco Soft Top Fail BA456701-3CA1-486B-8782-95979FEB300D
Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Contact @flip
I used some info he gave me on a repair.
Not the greatest situation, but it works.
Ford Bronco Soft Top Fail 9D8B9A7E-AFFD-49D7-9396-80BEBC95DC44

Sponsored

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I appreciate the pics. I kept wondering what clips were breaking on people. Sorry it happened, but thanks for the update.

Ser Arthur Dayne

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Bring to a marine place. They deal with canvas all day with boats and should be able to fix
Totally agree.

Summer after HS Graduation, I went on vacation with my (very rich) best friend's family like we did every Summer. My Dad let me borrow his BMW Z3 for the 2? weeks I'd be down the shore. On the Turnpike or Parkway? - I am smoking a cigarette (which I obviously didn't even let him know I smoked, let alone would have admittedly to smoking in the car, I'd never been able to drive it again) and we're doing probably 75 down the highway when I go to flick it (I know, I know, I was a kid...) and the wind carries it out of my hand, hits the soft top folded in the back, and puts a burn in it. I was aghast! There is no plausible scenario for a burn in a soft-top other than smoking a cigarette. When we stop for gas and stuff (my friend's parents in their own vehicles) I am obviously very upset- and without hesitation, my best friend's Dad (who was basically like my extra Dad / Extra Mom and extra best friends, they basically adopted me as their second son and showed me a life I'd never have had otherwise) was like, "We're going to stop at a boating place on the way, don't worry I'll pay, we'll drop it off for the day or two and they'll fix it and it will be like it never happened, don't worry, let's not let it ruin vacation before we even get there..." - and sure enough, the guy fixed it , charged very little money whatsoever, and that was that.

Captain nSANEo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"User Fails w/ Soft Top" lol. I just always tell my self, dont grab the canvas in the rear. Just tap/hit the plastic supports and then pull.

OP
OP

BostonGuy

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dealers are dropping the ball by not showing their customers how to do this before pulling off the lot.
My dealer was great, we did a quick review of the soft top, but that was back in November. Completely my fault. Only wanted to mention as I reference my dealer elsewhere and they were great.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If these are snapping off when new, imagine what’s going to happen 5-10 years from now with repeated use/misuse.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealers are dropping the ball by not showing their customers how to do this before pulling off the lot.
My dealer were the ones who broke mine when they were using it as a demo and I was the one who showed them how to take the panels off properly.

*EDIT* FWIW, I had mine replaced under warranty.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's no terrible! I thought it was going to be like $500-$800.
Eek! That looks like it’s just the fabric + plastic window…

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My dealer were the ones who broke mine when they were using it as a demo and I was the one who showed them how to take the panels off properly.
Then, there is that. My dealer had dedicated a team to learn about the Bronco and that was in July. It just takes some effort into building a good sales team with knowledgeable information.

Tipton55

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well sh$t. Was very excited for over 70 today in MA and wanted to take the windows off the soft top. Even after watching the video numerous times I still screwed up. Overall it was an easy process and not the tops fault, but much like many first times...it wasn't smooth and I broke some clips. Pics below.

Thoughts on if I can fix or do I need a new rear window? Any idea of the cost of new rear window?

Sponsored