Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bluetooth connection to the lights. I am an Android guy so I don't know about CarPlay.
gotcha ok

can you control the light colors and brightness from your bronco screen? Or you have to use your phone?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Klunatic

Klunatic

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At this point only via the phone. I don't find myself changing the colors all that much. Generally just leave it bright white. You can turn it into a Disco if you want šŸ˜œ

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Having been unhappy with the interior lighting of the Bronco, I upgrade the interior lighting using Govee LED under lighting kit. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0969PDDP5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and wired it to Aux 6 Switch. The default setting is white but it can also be set to any color or sync with music( I will never use that feature, but is there for those who want a disco Bronco). I couldn't be happier with the results, its like daytime in the car when I turn them on. I can also dim the lights using the Govee app but for the most part I never have the need to open the app. The default white full on works for my purposes. Hard to beat for $50 in parts and a little sweat equity.

The whole process took be about an hour an half to wire. I used the Aux 6 switch and wired it to the rear white/orange aux wire in the passenger side rear. I had to remove both covers of the air roof air bags to fish the wire along the roll cage (yes, made sure to secure the wire to not interfere with the opening of the air bags) to the rear cover of the roll cage. The covers are the only trim pieces secured with bolts. The rest of the top trim and side trims are all held in place with body clips. I pulled down the rear roll bar trim piece to store the LED driver/Control and fished a wire down the passenger side pillar to tie into the Orange/white aux wire. I stuck the lights on above the airbags on the soft top front brackets using 60lb double sided tape and the rear lights on the rear roll bar just behind the passenger seats. The install is clean and you hardly notice the lights until they are on.
20220217_191934.jpg
20220217_192003.jpg
20220217_192401.jpg
20220217_192640.jpg
20220217_192648.jpg
20220217_192440.jpg
20220217_192501.jpg
Screenshot 2022-02-21 205236.jpg

Hey OP I just had a question on these:

Your post says the default color is whiteā€¦i put these in my black diamond over the weekend, but it seems to me the default color on mine is red.

did you select your default color?

Also saw this review on Amazon, so just a little confused.

Thanks

Ford Bronco Soft Top Interior Lighting Upgrade 1350E3CC-BA47-46B8-AB51-54FDE240B30A

Jornum1

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Explorer ST, 2013 Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey OP I just had a question on these:

Your post says the default color is whiteā€¦i put these in my black diamond over the weekend, but it seems to me the default color on mine is red.

did you select your default color?

Also saw this review on Amazon, so just a little confused.

Thanks

Ford Bronco Soft Top Interior Lighting Upgrade 1350E3CC-BA47-46B8-AB51-54FDE240B30A
I put these in today after seeing the OPs post. I have them wired to the aux switch. I think mine was red when I first powered them up. But I changed it to white and it keeps the memory when I turn it on and off. The app is a little confusing at first until you play with it a little. It took me a while to figure out if you scroll down and select all the lights and change them to white and whatever temp/brightness you want it should keep that setting.
Hope that helps. Iā€™d put a screen shot but Iā€™m not in the truck and I can access it without the Bluetooth being connected.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I put these in today after seeing the OPs post. I have them wired to the aux switch. I think mine was red when I first powered them up. But I changed it to white and it keeps the memory when I turn it on and off. The app is a little confusing at first until you play with it a little. It took me a while to figure out if you scroll down and select all the lights and change them to white and whatever temp/brightness you want it should keep that setting.
Hope that helps. Iā€™d put a screen shot but Iā€™m not in the truck and I can access it without the Bluetooth being connected.
ok thatā€™s simple enough, I figured that was it

Sponsored

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I assume you did like me and left the rock light power switch on and stuffed everything inside/behind the cross bar trim panel?

Iā€™ve thought about running a separate switch directly to the battery so that I could turn these on even without accessory power. What Iā€™d really like to know is if itā€™s possible to wire one of the AUX switches directly to constant power.

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Having been unhappy with the interior lighting of the Bronco, I upgrade the interior lighting using Govee LED under lighting kit. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0969PDDP5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and wired it to Aux 6 Switch. The default setting is white but it can also be set to any color or sync with music( I will never use that feature, but is there for those who want a disco Bronco). I couldn't be happier with the results, its like daytime in the car when I turn them on. I can also dim the lights using the Govee app but for the most part I never have the need to open the app. The default white full on works for my purposes. Hard to beat for $50 in parts and a little sweat equity.

The whole process took be about an hour an half to wire. I used the Aux 6 switch and wired it to the rear white/orange aux wire in the passenger side rear. I had to remove both covers of the air roof air bags to fish the wire along the roll cage (yes, made sure to secure the wire to not interfere with the opening of the air bags) to the rear cover of the roll cage. The covers are the only trim pieces secured with bolts. The rest of the top trim and side trims are all held in place with body clips. I pulled down the rear roll bar trim piece to store the LED driver/Control and fished a wire down the passenger side pillar to tie into the Orange/white aux wire. I stuck the lights on above the airbags on the soft top front brackets using 60lb double sided tape and the rear lights on the rear roll bar just behind the passenger seats. The install is clean and you hardly notice the lights until they are on.
The under glow might be cool too??

Jornum1

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I assume you did like me and left the rock light power switch on and stuffed everything inside/behind the cross bar trim panel?

Iā€™ve thought about running a separate switch directly to the battery so that I could turn these on even without accessory power. What Iā€™d really like to know is if itā€™s possible to wire one of the AUX switches directly to constant power.
Yes I did leave the power switch on. I actually have the lights loose right now I was playing with different locations with double sided tape before I run them permanently. I do like the OPs placement though and am probably going to go with that. I think Iā€™m going to design some kind of slightly angled mount for the fronts and 3D print it so it looks a little cleaner.

Iā€™m sure you can pull the panel and hot line from the battery and tie it in. Unless you can find one somewhere up there.
Iā€™m personally not worried about that. Iā€™d be too afraid I would leave it on. Plus my main reason for doing it is for my kids, the lighting in the back especially is terrible.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes I did leave the power switch on. I actually have the lights loose right now I was playing with different locations with double sided tape before I run them permanently. I do like the OPs placement though and am probably going to go with that. I think Iā€™m going to design some kind of slightly angled mount for the fronts and 3D print it so it looks a little cleaner.

Iā€™m sure you can pull the panel and hot line from the battery and tie it in. Unless you can find one somewhere up there.
Iā€™m personally not worried about that. Iā€™d be too afraid I would leave it on. Plus my main reason for doing it is for my kids, the lighting in the back especially is terrible.
I got mine mounted pretty good with 3m tape

I bought the 6 pack for my 4 door

Ford Bronco Soft Top Interior Lighting Upgrade BAAE9EB1-A965-42E5-885F-DEEA3C7FD475
Ford Bronco Soft Top Interior Lighting Upgrade 25B5F62C-04FB-4B07-B357-A428A489F51F
Ford Bronco Soft Top Interior Lighting Upgrade 6F0056CD-5B8D-407D-A6ED-4CC77B04C93B
Ford Bronco Soft Top Interior Lighting Upgrade 7984A658-9847-4161-8DC4-A6D5391AF53A
Ford Bronco Soft Top Interior Lighting Upgrade A992CC1A-4E92-4F0D-8447-A78140087BC4

Pugsly

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Soft Top Interior Lighting Upgrade A992CC1A-4E92-4F0D-8447-A78140087BC4
How hard is it to get those trim pieces down and run the wires? What about the airbags wouldnā€™t want those pods turning into projectiles if they were to ever go off?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Klunatic

Klunatic

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How hard is it to get those trim pieces down and run the wires? What about the airbags wouldnā€™t want those pods turning into projectiles if they were to ever go off?
The trim panels for over the doors are held in place with 2 screws, the rear piece is clipped in place.

I was concerned about the possibility of the lights becoming projectiles which is why I mounted them above the airbags. It appears that the bags are designed to roll down so it may not be a factor but I didnt want to take a chance.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The trim panels for over the doors are held in place with 2 screws, the rear piece is clipped in place.

I was concerned about the possibility of the lights becoming projectiles which is why I mounted them above the airbags. It appears that the bags are designed to roll down so it may not be a factor but I didnt want to take a chance.
yea, the soft top gives a much better option. Iā€™m still looking at a way to get mine totally above the airbag.

but yea, they do fire downward so Iā€™m not terribly concerned.,

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is yours a soft top or hard? I canā€™t use OPā€™s placement for the front bc I have a hard top.

But if you come up with a good 3D bracket would you let me know? Iā€™d be interested.

Jornum1

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is yours a soft top or hard? I canā€™t use OPā€™s placement for the front bc I have a hard top.

But if you come up with a good 3D bracket would you let me know? Iā€™d be interested.
Yes it is a soft top. I am looking to make a bracket that mounts to the bracket for the hard top. Itā€™s kind of a perfect placement. Far enough forward that you get light in the front seat without blinding you and enough in the back to light up the rear seating area. I would just like a cleaner look so will be making a bracket to make it look more factory. If I can take a look at a hard top to see how it mounts I can maybe design it to clip on the bottom and clear any hardware that the hard top has. Iā€™ve never really looked at how they are when the panels are installed.

Iā€™m really impressed with these lights for $50. Thanks again to the OP. I had bought some cheaper marine leds. I think it was a 6 pack for less then $20. But these are much nicer and way brighter. I love having th controller to adjust the color temp and brightness.
And my kids love the mic that makes it into a disco!

TommyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

looks like you are blocking your airbags. You dont want those lights shooting at you in an accident. looks like you screwed them too. I would check for damage to the airbag.
Sponsored