Soft top reviews

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’ve been absent from the forum for a while on soft tops… I originally ordered both mic and soft. Then I agreed to go the mic route with the credit for a soft top when it’s available. I’m guessing its’s still not available but I haven’t asked my dealer. None the less it got me thinking. How are people liking the soft top or is there a better option out there? I see a few people complaining about some cheap plastic clips that are breaking. I love the concept of the foldable top but maybe the top bunched up in the back is less than ideal? I have a nice system for getting my mic off with a hoist but have already found it would be nice to have a top and just put it back and forth depending on weather…
Sponsored

KeithK

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’ve been absent from the forum for a while on soft tops… I originally ordered both mic and soft. Then I agreed to go the mic route with the credit for a soft top when it’s available. I’m guessing its’s still not available but I haven’t asked my dealer. None the less it got me thinking. How are people liking the soft top or is there a better option out there? I see a few people complaining about some cheap plastic clips that are breaking. I love the concept of the foldable top but maybe the top bunched up in the back is less than ideal? I have a nice system for getting my mic off with a hoist but have already found it would be nice to have a top and just put it back and forth depending on weather…
Love my soft top! Getting the hang of two clicks and major push back from the drivers seat and off I go. So much fun. Had it all the way back a few weeks ago and Lots of thumbs up from folks. Big Bend manual makes it twice as fun!

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Once you go soft, you never again go hard....

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Soft top is great. Easy enough to put up and down. Only issue is the potential scratching of the pillars. The bunching up in the back makes the rearview mirror useless but worth the trade off.
Bestop doens't bunch back like the OEM but rather than buy another soft top, I'm put that money towards hard top whenever that it.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Love my soft top minus the multiple places where stitching is broken and the top is coming apart. I haven't experience the panel separation yet due to bad adhesive.

Assuming Ford stands behind the top, I otherwise love it. The ability to go from button up to top all the way back in about 3 minutes is excellent.

OH - when it rains it channels all the water to fall directly on top you when you open the door. That's a real thing.

Sponsored

Chelada

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I absolutely love my soft top. As mentioned, it's great to be able to flip it back easily. And I also like being able to lift the rear cargo. If you follow the videos showing where to hold and how to remove, the clips thing won't be an issue.

lmarchetti

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nobody going to talk about how easy it is to scratch the soft top plastics? Very high maintenance to keep them looking nice.

Otherwise soft top is the way to go IMO until the mod top comes out.... If you haven't ordered yet, 2023 MOD top is the ticket!

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Love my soft top minus the multiple places where stitching is broken and the top is coming apart. I haven't experience the panel separation yet due to bad adhesive.

Assuming Ford stands behind the top, I otherwise love it. The ability to go from button up to top all the way back in about 3 minutes is excellent.

OH - when it rains it channels all the water to fall directly on top you when you open the door. That's a real thing.
Absolutely it's a real thing - I forgot all about that until I opened the door this morning to get out while raining........got a nice little dousing.

atimberwolf

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I enjoy my soft top. Only 4500 miles on the Bronco since mid-March delivery, but a lot of those have been top back. Even ran 6 hours from my home in NC to norther VA. I recommend a gear shade if you're going to go several hours with the top back to help prevent sunburn. No issues with broken clips or stitches yet. Hope my luck holds.

AFA cleaning the plastic, I bought IMAR Strataglass Protective Cleaner and IMAR Strataglass Protective Polish to keep it clean and as scratch free as possible. I figure if it works on a boat under all that salt exposure it will work on my tinted windows in the Bronco. So far so good.

Reactions: bhb