Sponsored

Soft top warranty? jeep owners experiences?

rgalvinmi

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2 Door, 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Base
How will Ford warranty the soft top? After 2-3 years, if it looks like shit and is weathered, do they replace it? or are you SOL? "Velcro" and "snaps".....? doesn't look like it will hold up well after some time. Thoughts? Jeep owners chime in!
Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Warranties usually don’t cover “looks like shit” in my experience

OP
OP
rgalvinmi

rgalvinmi

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2 Door, 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Base

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is a finite lifespan on the fabric tops. If it's due to a defect in manufacturing, I'm sure they would cover it. Short of that, I would venture a guess that they would tell you that it's a wear item. You can mistreat one and it will look like crap in a year, or you can take care of it and get 7-10 years out of it. There will be lots of variables into how well they hold up. If they do this like Jeep, there will be replacement "glass" available. The frame should last the life of the vehicle.

Sponsored

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Unless you can prove abnormal wear, you're SOL. I had the soft top in my Miata replaced twice under warranty (and the third one rubs in the same spots). Having the soft top would be nice for those spur-of-the-moment things but I really just didn't want to deal with the extra maintenance of a soft top on a second car.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The premium fabric on my JKs held up really well. Looked brand new after 4 years. The windows do scuff easily and will have mark up easily. They can be replaced for maybe $500 if it bugs you that much.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The premium fabric on my JKs held up really well. Looked brand new after 4 years. The windows do scuff easily and will have mark up easily. They can be replaced for maybe $500 if it bugs you that much.
Spending $500 when I don’t have to bugs me too much. Hard top.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Unless you can prove abnormal wear, you're SOL. I had the soft top in my Miata replaced twice under warranty (and the third one rubs in the same spots). Having the soft top would be nice for those spur-of-the-moment things but I really just didn't want to deal with the extra maintenance of a soft top on a second car.
Not sure what gen you had, I had an NA (1st gen) and didn't need to replace the top for 7 years and really only then because of the scratched rear plastic window. Ended up going with glass rear and it was sold after 6 years still loooking good.

I'm buying 2 door so soft top will have to be an option down the road but looks easy enough but definately take care of your plastic windows. Hopefully there will be some good protection pockets out there.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not sure what gen you had, I had an NA (1st gen) and didn't need to replace the top for 7 years and really only then because of the scratched rear plastic window. Ended up going with glass rear and it was sold after 6 years still loooking good.

I'm buying 2 door so soft top will have to be an option down the road but looks easy enough but definately take care of your plastic windows. Hopefully there will be some good protection pockets out there.
I have the ND Miata. The early ones rubbed holes in themselves when the top was down.

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How will Ford warranty the soft top? After 2-3 years, if it looks like shit and is weathered, do they replace it? or are you SOL? "Velcro" and "snaps".....? doesn't look like it will hold up well after some time. Thoughts? Jeep owners chime in!
I do not know about warranties on the soft tops, but my Jeep’s original top lasted from 2009 to 2018 when I started getting a leak above driver window. It was due to the seals, so could have been fixed diy cheaply. However, I wanted the Besttop super top NX, with tinted windows in twill. My oem windows were not scratched bad (only a handful of barely noticeable branch scrapes). The oem was not sun faded after 11 years. My bestop looks brand new after 2.5 years.
Sponsored