Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've never owned a soft top vehicle, and not sure I would given winters in the Northeast and not owning a garage. Obviously wind, weather, and sun will affect a soft top life expectancy. A quick web search says 3-7 years, but that's mostly stated by top makers, who have a financial interest in you replacing a top.

For those who have owned jeeps (and perhaps other vehicles with soft tops), how long have your tops lasted with consistent weather exposure? Any experience with the lifetime warranties like bestop offers?
Sponsored

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had a Mustang Convertible top last 25+ years with basic care. Now maybe they don’t make them like they used to though lol.

Koz44

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We just traded in our 2014 Wrangler. We had dual tops so the soft top was only on from March/April to November but I loaded that top into the trunk last week and it was as good as new after 9ish years.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’ve owned dozens of soft tops. Only one of which needed to be replaced. But the JK was at 186k at the time so it had lasted a long time. I’m not at all worried about it.
Sponsored