blacksapphirez

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had my top open(just flipped back) and windows still intact but only my right side soft top window fell out of its groove(rearward)

i tried to put it back on and it kept doing it. any idea why?

*this isn't mine but basically same thing happened
Ford Bronco Softtop window fall out of groove 1682605209783

1682605208864.png
Sponsored

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Weird. Never had that happen to me. My windows are pretty snug. I would think maybe something isn’t properly fastened.

OP
OP
blacksapphirez

blacksapphirez

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
didn't do it when it was closed. once i flipped the top open, it did it.

i did take the windows apart and put em back in (have not driven yet) but i don't have confidence it will stay in

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

never happened to me I do 85 on the highway with it just flipped back. I am sure it will be fine just must have been to much wind and that was the weak point. Just make sure u check it after driving with the roof like that maybe it just was not fully in to start with

Pilotallen

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Same thing is happening to me on the same side. I have just over 100 miles on my bronco and the Ford guy suggested I keep pushing it back in — he said it was a simple vibration issue. Bullshit. Brand new vehicle and the window is falling out driving at 35 mph.

Sponsored

woodsman44

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is happening to my 2023 Badlands as well, same side, keeps popping out...

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Same thing is happening to me on the same side. I have just over 100 miles on my bronco and the Ford guy suggested I keep pushing it back in — he said it was a simple vibration issue. Bullshit. Brand new vehicle and the window is falling out driving at 35 mph.
Good morning! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info, I can look into your concerns on my end.

shantel

Black Diamond
First Name
Shantel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4 Door Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine does this too, only on the passenger side. I was on the highway and looked in my mirror just to see the window halfway popped out. It goes back in but I haven’t found a permanent fix for it.

My back piece is lined up and in correctly so I know it’s not that. It’s been doing it since I picked it up from the dealership.

Steve76

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I had my top open(just flipped back) and windows still intact but only my right side soft top window fell out of its groove(rearward)

i tried to put it back on and it kept doing it. any idea why?

*this isn't mine but basically same thing happened
Ford Bronco Softtop window fall out of groove 1682605208864

1682605208864.png
Same exact thing happens to my 2023 Big Bend. Both sides popped out but got the drivers side to stay in for a little while but the rear passenger side pops out now and again. Always checking it and worrying it might create a problem while driving on the highway.

The top overall seems too tight. Difficult to push top completely down at front in order to clamp shut while closing. Tough to get rear window clips clipped and unclipped when removing or replacing the rear window. The male and female clips are too far apart. Also, back velcro at the top of the rear window never meets properly with the top itself and remains partially visible. Definitely love the Bronco and having a soft top but this top seems to be sub par and a hassle overall. Dealer said it was fine and would work itself out. After 1,000 miles the issues still exist....

Sponsored

Crash98

Wildtrak
First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Same exact thing happens to my 2023 Big Bend. Both sides popped out but got the drivers side to stay in for a little while but the rear passenger side pops out now and again. Always checking it and worrying it might create a problem while driving on the highway.

The top overall seems too tight. Difficult to push top completely down at front in order to clamp shut while closing. Tough to get rear window clips clipped and unclipped when removing or replacing the rear window. The male and female clips are too far apart. Also, back velcro at the top of the rear window never meets properly with the top itself and remains partially visible. Definitely love the Bronco and having a soft top but this top seems to be sub par and a hassle overall. Dealer said it was fine and would work itself out. After 1,000 miles the issues still exist....
For the rear window clips, I've found if you release latches on the rear hatch, it provides enough slack to get them clipped in. If the rear hatch is down and secured, it is doable, but very difficult. I have the IAG rear struts, so I slide the rear window in first before I release the rear hatch. Hope that makes sense.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine did this. Put it back in and use your fist to hammer up and down it. Mine never came out again after that.
This. When I put my soft top windows back in, they always look installed properly but you’ll notice they’re slightly raised on the edge. Push it down firmly and it should sit completely flush and not be an issue.

Steve76

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For the rear window clips, I've found if you release latches on the rear hatch, it provides enough slack to get them clipped in. If the rear hatch is down and secured, it is doable, but very difficult. I have the IAG rear struts, so I slide the rear window in first before I release the rear hatch. Hope that makes sense.
I also have the IAG rear struts. I wonder if they are causing some of these issues?..

Ktb782

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Y
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve got the same issue on the passenger side of my 2023. It pops loose with any pressure difference (windows rolled down, top in the half back position etc) or speeds above 40 mph or so. I’ve tried to make adjustments without much improvement. Interesting that the issue seems to be with 2023s. I haven’t taken it to the dealer yet. I’m hopeful there is some easy adjustment that fixes the problem.
Sponsored