Sponsored

Software updates remove features, add bugs?

judgefudge72

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 OBX High Sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve had my big bend mid since February and put about 7k on it since then. My infotainment system has been 99% bug free in this time. Over the past couple weeks I’ve gotten a handful of software updates and am now on 2.3.1.

Bugs/issues I’ve noticed only since getting these recent updates:

- Changes to fan speed and volume will not pop up on the screen within the first 5-10 minutes of a drive.

- Sound will only play out of the passenger side speakers. Turning it off and on again will fix it.

- The balance/fader screen used to have directional arrows for adjustment. Now it only has the dot that you have to drag around. Which sucks imo.

6/29 update

- now on 2.3.2, when you open the door and the animation on the center screen is done playing, the screen will display bright white for about a second then go dark.

Anybody else noticing this? I’m sure there’s more I'm forgetting, I’ll update this thread as I remember them/come across them.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
What's an update? Do you have to connect your bronco screen to your wifi to do it? Because i hasn't done it.

I'm a big believer in, if it ain't broke dont fix it

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, 2.3.2 is the latest and was pushed to my truck days after 2.3.1 - I’m assuming there was some glitches, hence the quick update.

Sponsored

Planet_Express_IV

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Saw that one. The 8” screen doesn’t seem to be having the same issue. My CarPlay looks the same.
Yeah the 8" screen never did a split screen with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay so you would not see the background effect / box change seen on the 12" screen, and that seemingly was more a complaint about it not being able to fully take over the display, but then again it never did on the 12" screen.

Cfield90

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco/22 Escape/01 Softail/90 Bronco (former)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ever since these two most recent updates, glitching.

OP
OP
judgefudge72

judgefudge72

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 OBX High Sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Got updated 2.3.2 yesterday. Added a new bug to the list.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The latest update seems to have fixed my Sirius going to channel 1 problem. The details on what the updates make changes to are pretty vague, usually two or three words. It would be nice if they would tell us what actual changes are being made and issues are being fixed. Y'know, just like any other company that does software updates.

Biz

Outer Banks
First Name
Biz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 OBX 2dr / 2019 Edge St / 2016 Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve had my big bend mid since February and put about 7k on it since then. My infotainment system has been 99% bug free in this time. Over the past couple weeks I’ve gotten a handful of software updates and am now on 2.3.1.

Bugs/issues I’ve noticed only since getting these recent updates:

- Changes to fan speed and volume will not pop up on the screen within the first 5-10 minutes of a drive.

- Sound will only play out of the passenger side speakers. Turning it off and on again will fix it.

- The balance/fader screen used to have directional arrows for adjustment. Now it only has the dot that you have to drag around. Which sucks imo.

6/29 update

- now on 2.3.2, when you open the door and the animation on the center screen is done playing, the screen will display bright white for about a second then go dark.

Anybody else noticing this? I’m sure there’s more I'm forgetting, I’ll update this thread as I remember them/come across them.
Just came here to post this. Exact same issues. Huge delay also on changing the vent to floor etc. You press the button and nothing.
Sometimes you just wish engineers would leave shit alone.
I'm yet to see any advantages from this update.

Sponsored
OP
OP
judgefudge72

judgefudge72

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 OBX High Sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just came here to post this. Exact same issues. Huge delay also on changing the vent to floor etc. You press the button and nothing.
Sometimes you just wish engineers would leave shit alone.
I'm yet to see any advantages from this update.
The only thing that the last couple updates have added is the ability to give it voice commands like “set temperature” or other useless gimmicks.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I noticed an update about a week ago. Now when using Android Auto - Google Maps for directions, the directions appear on the screen behind your steering wheel. I thought that was a nice update.

My son noticed the fonts are different.

I also noticed that the radio station screen (FM) is updated. Seems nice to me.

I haven't noticed any of the glitches. I don't ever touch the fan speed (it's either on auto or off) but volume seems fine.

I like that they're doing OTA updates.
Sponsored