Sponsored

Solutions are needed and questions need to be answered not ignored.

wigid

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Patrol
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So from reading all of your concerns it is clear that Ford is doing a terrible job of communicating to the customers. Many of you have very specific questions about your own build and where it is in the long line of builds that ford has.

If it was my business it is not that you made a mistake it is how you handle the mistake. I would spend the time to tell each customer what is happening and what their options are. Blanket emails don't answer all of our questions. Ford has to listen to its customers.

1: I would call in a representative of every Ford dealer and give them the information at hand. They would become the customer contact for all reserved bronco sales for that dealer. I know that not all questions are going to be crystal clear at first but it will be a starting point.

2: Then when the dealer Bronco reps have a full list of answers to questions, invite in every order holder and talk to them about their individual order. Give them options to bring their build forward or give them a realistic time from for them to get what they want.

Options like

a: For example, If you want a MIC top it will be Q2 2022 before you see you Bronco, or you can get a Q4 build 2021 with a soft top and get the MIC top in 2023 for $X. we need to know what these options will cost in the future to make informed decisions.I don't want my $55k bronco costing $65k with a top

b: If you want a tow package it will be Q3 2022 at the earliest but if you take the Bronco without the tow package it will be sooner and we will fit the tow package at a later date for the same price.

This way each of us can make an informed decision on any changes we make to the order.

Also if the owner has a VIN then they can go over the options and how to move forward. The representative can answer questions about specifications and if they don’t have an answer they can find out and get back to the customer with that

I am sure that questions that Ford has not thought about will come up and when an solution is reached that answer can be shared to all the Dealer Bronco reps and on to order holders.

3: Ford could then correlate the information from the build updates and give the order holders a realistic delivery period. Even if that is simply quarter 3 2022 build. Most of us don’t have a Vin and have no idea if we will see out Bronco soon or in 2 years time.

4: Make the dealer Bronco Reps the communication point. So if say there is a delay in 2.7 engines then they can contact all the order holders from their dealership and tell them about the delay and what it will mean to their order

Let’s be realistic here Ford if you have around 190,000 (not sure of exact numbers) reservations with an average sales price of $45,000 then this is worth over $8.5 billion dollars. That is 8.5 Billion reasons to work harder at communicating and keeping customers happy. Even if the reservations were 125,000 that is still $5.6 Billion without any sitting on dealers’ lots.
Sponsored

Last edited:

RookieMissSteak

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep GC, 2021 Jeep JTR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Specific info would be awesome. I wish they would be more clear about what is wrong with the hard tops, rather than just saying it’s a cosmetic issue. Is the problem that they tried to use less materials, or is there something structurally wonky with the design. It feels weird to me that it’s just kinda brushed off as a cosmetic issue.

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford has ZERO incentive to fix things. You are not their customer, the dealership is. There is nothing we can do except cancel our pre-orders and Ford knows this. If you cancel yours, dealers get to mark it up, just like the Raptor, just like the GT350, etc...it's a no win for the consumer. Ford doesn't care. Period. The sooner you realize this, the easier the wait will be.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Instead of all that information and communication, wouldn't you prefer a Hot Wheels Bronco and some stickers?

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
nobody trust the dealers that is a big part of this and any solution that ford come up with ford want to push everything to the dealers but people have been jerked around with $2000 deposits and dealer markup why would people want to rely on the dealer for good info???

Sponsored

BigSki150

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford has ZERO incentive to fix things. You are not their customer, the dealership is. There is nothing we can do except cancel our pre-orders and Ford knows this. If you cancel yours, dealers get to mark it up, just like the Raptor, just like the GT350, etc...it's a no win for the consumer. Ford doesn't care. Period. The sooner you realize this, the easier the wait will be.
Nice Avatar Devildog!

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So from reading all of your concerns it is clear that Ford is doing a terrible job of communicating to the customers. Many of you have very specific questions about your own build and where it is in the long line of builds that ford has.

If it was my business it is not that you made a mistake it is how you handle the mistake. I would spend the time to tell each customer what is happening and what their options are. Blanket emails don't answer all of our questions. Ford has to listen to its customers.

1: I would call in a representative of every Ford dealer and give them the information at hand. They would become the customer contact for all reserved bronco sales for that dealer. I know that not all questions are going to be crystal clear at first but it will be a starting point.

2: Then when the dealer Bronco reps have a full list of answers to questions, invite in every order holder and talk to them about their individual order. Give them options to bring their build forward or give them a realistic time from for them to get what they want.

Options like

a: If you want a MIC top it will be Q2 2022 before you see you Bronco, or you can get a Q4 build 2021 with a soft top and get the MIC top in 2023 for $X. we need to know what these options will cost in the future to make informed decisions.I don't want my $55k bronco costing $65k with a top

b: If you want a tow package it will be Q3 2022 at the earliest but if you take the Bronco without the tow package it will be sooner and we will fit the tow package at a later date for the same price.

This way each of us can make an informed decision on any changes we make to the order.

Also if the owner has a VIN then they can go over the options and how to move forward. The representative can answer questions about specifications and if they don’t have an answer they can find out and get back to the customer with that

I am sure that questions that Ford has not thought about will come up and when an solution is reached that answer can be shared to all the Dealer Bronco reps and on to order holders.

3: Ford could then correlate the information from the build updates and give the order holders a realistic delivery period. Even if that is simply quarter 3 2022 build. Most of us don’t have a Vin and have no idea if we will see out Bronco soon or in 2 years time.

4: Make the dealer Bronco Reps the communication point. So if say there is a delay in 2.7 engines then they can contact all the order holders from their dealership and tell them about the delay and what it will mean to their order

Let’s be realistic here Ford if you have around 190,000 (not sure of exact numbers) reservations with an average sales price of $45,000 then this is worth over $8.5 billion dollars. That is 8.5 Billion reasons to work harder at communicating and keeping customers happy. Even if the reservations were 125,000 that is still $5.6 Billion without any sitting on dealers’ lots.
they released the info they had yesterday about the tops because that is literally all they can confirm.... Theres no set date on when the new tops will be ready, just some time in 2022, you think they really have a way to tell if that mixed with a tow package or other option will equate to a specific quarter of next year?

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Instead of all that information and communication, wouldn't you prefer a Hot Wheels Bronco and some stickers?
Not really, but throw in a poster of some ugly ass Bronco Concepts and I could be persuaded. ;)

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, but that's what I got lol.

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Tacoma, 21 Mercedes, 2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I love how FORD just gives us these blanket emails with no info! All I want to know is an estimated timeline on when I'll receive my BRONCO. Enough with these excuses the last time I looked you have a market cap of $54 Billion, act like it! Communicate with your customers instead of leaving them in the dark. We are dropping $30-$60k on your vehicles, stop acting like its a privilege to purchase one.
Sponsored