Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Turbo psi always kicks but thank you for the suggestion! Think this was just a straight flat road.
D loads :)

Can we do this on beadlocks? Apologies if that’s a crucial detail I forgot to mention. I did not get them rebalanced since the install (been about 1500mi since the install).

A possibility for sure but I did have a higher caster of 4.5/4.7 before with no wobble (not sure why the shop told me it was currently at its higher limit). Camburg also told me I should be getting around 6 degrees of caster from these arms :LOL:
You installed beadlocks? And no after mounting rebalance?
Sponsored

Knownman

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

it was balanced only upon install, are you supposed to rebalance shortly after too? Did I just mess up my tires :ROFLMAO:
I'm not following.
I thought you meant you had the beadlock rings done after the wheels were mounted and balanced in the traditional manner. The Beadlock ring and more importantly because of the extra bolts that get added to the outer rim, will most certainly need to be rebalanced. That outer rim just gained at least a half a pound in hardware weight alone as compared to the inner bead.

OP
OP

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not following.
I thought you meant you had the beadlock rings done after the wheels were mounted and balanced in the traditional manner. The Beadlock ring and more importantly because of the extra bolts that get added to the outer rim, will most certainly need to be rebalanced. That outer rim just gained at least a half a pound in hardware weight alone as compared to the inner bead.
I’m almost positive it was done this way, but not entirely sure. I just paid a shop to get and do the lift with the 37s on beadlocks at the same time. For me, the end user, one didn’t come after another. In fact, this Bronco was delivered to me all done up because it was trucked from the dealership straight to the shop that did the lift and tires :) hopefully that makes sense

Ehsee

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Its not your suspension setup. I guarantee its your Falken Wildpeaks, they are absolute garbage tires and are impossible to balance correctly. I went through 3 sets from the tire shops trying to understand why I get vibration in the wheel or seat when moving them from front to back and so on. I ended up going with Nittos and the wobble disappeared!

Sponsored

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That doesn't really show turbo issues. That's more likely just a slightly inaccurate sensor or a dwell setting that isn't adjusted to be less sensitive.
I have a dealer-confirmed failing turbo with wastegate issues that does the same thing. Might be coincidence, but...

OP
OP

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its not your suspension setup. I guarantee its your Falken Wildpeaks, they are absolute garbage tires and are impossible to balance correctly. I went through 3 sets from the tire shops trying to understand why I get vibration in the wheel or seat when moving them from front to back and so on. I ended up going with Nittos and the wobble disappeared!
on the contrary for me, I had ridge grapplers on my Tacoma at first, didn’t like their ride and noise so switched it to the wildpeaks. It’s a cheap, great, quiet tire thats treated me well through 4 sets.

OP
OP

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
UPDATE: Got an early balancing appointment with a local tire shop. After describing the situation to them and how it only recently started happening, they said it was unlikely for it to be a balancing issue, more of something that recently changed with the tires or suspension. After diving in, they said the tires were already zero’d out at a perfect balance. However, they think the issue was related to the Bronco’s wheels being lug centric and the last person who took off the driver-side tire not torquing it properly (they described it as looking like someone put 1 lug in at a time and just air gunning it). Makes sense since the last shop to take off that tire isn’t exactly known for their attention to detail.

so after a quick balance, rotation and having a competent tech to put the tires back on, she’s perfect again!

tl;dr check your lug nuts! Torque in a star and don’t overtorque

Last edited:

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Air pressure. Even in my wrangler, I would just need to add 40 psi in every tire and boom.....wobble gone...

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

UPDATE: Got an early balancing appointment with a local tire shop. After describing the situation to them and how it only recently started happening, they said it was unlikely for it to be a balancing issue, more of something that recently changed with the tires or suspension. After diving in, they said the tires were already zero’d out at a perfect balance. However, they think the issue was related to the Bronco’s wheels being lug centric and the last person who took off the driver-side tire not torquing it properly (they described it as looking like someone put 1 lug in at a time and just air gunning it). Makes sense since the last shop to take off that tire isn’t exactly known for their attention to detail.

so after a quick balance, rotation and having a competent tech to put the tires back on, she’s perfect again!

These are the kind of techs that make sure to use at least 3 ugga-dugga's on oil drain plugs to make sure they don't leak.

Sponsored

LockedBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Are you serious!!!!

That is the worst

Getting harder to find a mechanic that knows what they are doing.

VVSidewinderVv

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you serious!!!!

That is the worst

I like the ones who crank it down with an impact then check their work with a torque wrench.

OP
OP

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you serious!!!!

That is the worst

Don’t I know it! It’s unfortunate this is the “best” offroad/aftermarket shop without shipping a vehicle over the water. I much rather pay a shop for anything but you won’t believe how much I do myself these days.
Sponsored