Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have had my Bronco 2 weeks. Went to the store tonight and parked away from other cars to minimize door ding risk and in a area someone would have to go out of their way to park near me. The lot was mostly empty.

When I come out, there is a white car next to the passenger side of my Bronco. The driver door of the white car was open and clearly close to my bronco. It stayed open the entire walk back to my car which wasn't exactly close to the door.

A young man is sitting half out of his car with loud music going. I cut around the back just enough to verify the door wasn't hitting. I get in, start my bronco. I hoped either of these might have prompted him to close the door, but no he looked at me with this grin and started swinging the door back and forth. I motioned him to close his door and he shook his head no. I motioned again he indicated for me to go with his door open to where it was, far enough I couldn't be certain the fender flares would clear it. I motioned again and he pulled it in about half way. I slowly move out.

It seems to me he was intentionally taunting me, potentially parked here in the first place with intention of playing this game.
Sponsored

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You did the right thing just driving away . . . seems like all across the country there is so much angst among young people . . . you never know if he is on something or even the possibility of mental health issues. Whatever the case , it is not worth trying to challenge someone, or even say something when you have the option to simply leave (if he is not blocking you in some way, which I agree calls for a different response). Not only can you get hurt, but if the situation escalates you may even harm HIM which could be cause for your arrest. Leaving is always the best option.

Solfive

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
His other vehicle is probably a jeep. Kidding, but someone’s gonna say it I’m sure lol. You did the right thing swallowing your pride as you probably have far more to lose than that fool.

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would have just closed his door for him. Not into the passive aggressive dance.

Sponsored

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is a tough one if you don't do anything you feel like crap that you were intimidated, if you confront things can go bad real quick.
You have no idea what that kid was up to ,had you been with the advantage a number of friends ,weapons in hand things might be different.
You did the right thing ,people are crazy these days roll on and put them in your mirror.

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is why I shouldn’t carry (I might). Cause I would take that as a threat.

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Status