Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Credentials: I’ve test driven a 4dr 2.3 auto badlands (non-squatch).

I had a great salesman who let me drive around as much as I could. People are disappointed because this is an extremely well sorted suspension and drives like any refined SUV on regular public roads. It’s low drama and just comfortable. It’s not exciting because it shouldn’t be.

We did hit a few speed humps at high speed and THAT actually was impressive. But still if you just drive on the road doing a normal test drive. It’s not going to feel special.

Personally for a daily driver I can’t think of anything better
Sponsored

Last edited:

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Credentials: I’ve test driven a 2.3 auto badlands (non-squatch).

I had a great salesman who let me drive around as much as I could. People are disappointed because this is an extremely well sorted suspension and drives like any refined SUV on regular public roads. It’s low drama and just comfortable. It’s not exciting because it shouldn’t be.

We did hit a few speed humps at high speed and THAT actually was impressive. But still if you just drive on the road doing a normal test drive. It’s not going to feel special.

Was this in Atlanta, and was it a 2 dr? Been trying to find a dealer here with a 2 dr to test drive!

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

How fast did you hit the speed bump?

Sponsored

Wedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 FX4/ 2013 Mustang GT/ 2016 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ditto. What dealer?

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I think this is spot on and I agree that it’s fantastic. My wife’s Jeep is more fun probably. It’s quicker, nimbler, and is a little scary in a fast sweeper on the highway. The Bronco with the top off and stereo on is basically a perfect daily driver for me. It is so much more relaxing to cruise in, especially on the highway. I also could give a rat’s furry ass how fast the Bronco is. I do want it to be able to go REALLY slow, especially down a huge hill. Check plus in that category.

OP
OP
ATLBronco75

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think this is spot on and I agree that it’s fantastic. My wife’s Jeep is more fun probably. It’s quicker, nimbler, and is a little scary in a fast sweeper on the highway. The Bronco with the top off and stereo on is basically a perfect daily driver for me. It is so much more relaxing to cruise in, especially on the highway. I also could give a rat’s furry ass how fast the Bronco is. I do want it to be able to go REALLY slow, especially down a huge hill. Check plus in that category.
For real. The idea that you have to have scary cornering and a death wobble for a car to be “fun” is just bizarre to me. Lol

Sponsored

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just took a 4dr BL, 2.3 Auto, CO, Mid pkg, optional 33’s for a 1hr test drive.

A few things surprised me……some good some bad, but the overall experience left me not wanting to return it to the dealership.

Good surprises:
- The Cyber Orange looked really good and definitely stands out on the road.
- The 2.3 felt better than expected in the heavy 4dr BL. I have the same engine in my 21 Ranger, but I feared the extra weight would make it feel sluggish…….that wasn’t the case at all.
- Driving around town and on the interstate with the soft top folded back was a bit liberating……more involved in the driving experience and what was going on around me.

Not so good surprises;
- The musical experience coming from the standard sound system was underwhelming to say the least. It annoyed me so much I just turned it off. I was considering dropping from Lux to High and some other changes to increase my scheduling odds, but not after hearing that
- When I first climbed in, the MPG showed 14.4 with a little over 200 Miles….however, I must have babied it and after driving for an hour the average went up to 15.2

Like I said, overall nice ride. Was hoping for something more similar to my build (BL 2dr, AMB, Sas, Lux, 2.7) but beggars can’t be choosers…..and it reassured my preferences for 2dr and Lux….I could live with the 2.3, but only with the MT.

I did drive by another Ford dealership up the road about 15 miles and saw a 4dr Sas in Area 51, but by the time I dropped my demo off and went back to take that one for a spin it was driving off the lot.
Ford Bronco Why people are disappointed… F85AF034-4EB9-4589-BA0E-24E2BE680E46
Ford Bronco Why people are disappointed… 8A072DC6-90FC-438D-ADAB-5587DA9228A5
Ford Bronco Why people are disappointed… 207435FC-B985-489A-A091-171B2751C6BB
Ford Bronco Why people are disappointed… 5FFF9869-6F74-4FD8-8179-6C03357A308D

Last edited:

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

We had a Jeep Rubicon years and years ago but another kid and not enough seat belts so off it went. Here we are 15? Years later and every couple of years I think I want another Jeep and I travel a fair bit for work and I rent one from time to time and it takes all of 30 minutes driving a Jeep in Houston to say oh hell no! Ergonomics are just off, they ride, brake and handle terribly IMO! If the Bronco has excellent on road drivability I will be overjoyed!

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’m still getting used to the ride and handling in my FE. I sold my JLU just long enough ago for my muscle memory to have been completely rewritten by the only car I’ve been driving since, a much sportier and lower-slung car.

I will say the SAS doesn’t strike me nearly as soft as I was expecting on road vs. what some forum members have said. Many have claimed the SAS is much softer and more pleasant over road irregularities than non SAS, but I find mine to be firm enough that I’d really worry what a non SAS felt like if that were the case. It’s not more bumpy/firm than the Tesla, but it’s definitely not cloud-like in comparison either. Yes I’ve checked tire pressures (39 cold) and for any sort of transport-related suspension blocks.

So far I love it, just getting my bearings back and still learning the dimensions and maneuverability of it!

DanDan

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Base
For real. The idea that you have to have scary cornering and a death wobble for a car to be “fun” is just bizarre to me. Lol
For the MSRP the 4 D is perfect daily driver . But is not a rock crawler nor a fast car. Coming winter will be the real test . I don't think the top ,hard or soft, is suitable for harsh weather

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
For the MSRP the 4 D is perfect daily driver . But is not a rock crawler nor a fast car. Coming winter will be the real test . I don't think the top ,hard or soft, is suitable for harsh weather
Hard is 100% fine for harsh weather, and many say modern soft tops are as well
Sponsored