First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy traverse
Your Bronco Model
Base
I keep seeing a bunch of posts about putting soundproofing inside Mabbett pods..wondering if anyone didn't put in soundproofing and if they are satisfied with pods...I don't have soundproofing and didn't know if I should wait to install..does it make much of a difference..I'm about to put in Focal RCX-165
Thanks in advance
Sponsored

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I applied Dynamat on the interior of mine, and would recommend doing so. Even if you're not getting significant midbass from the speakers, it improves acoustics.

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I used cheap polyfill (walmart) in all the speaker locations, seems to deaden the "tinny" sound. I'm happy with it..plus relatively cheap.

WestlakeHorn

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I didn't polyfill when I installed. Even though I'm happy with the result, I'll likely go back and polyfil soon. Those speakers are really easy to remove, so I wouldn't necessarily wait to make that change.

Dan-O

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
First go-round I left pods as is. Didn’t sound good so I lined every nook and cranny inside pods with killmat and also perforated the top “grill” with more holes(wider across) so sound comes out completely…..made a huge difference. Tried to add some pollyfill but didn’t change a thing so pulled it right back out. NOTE:
Also, if u have a 2 dr, the spacers that come with pods will need to be shortened about 1/4-3/8” in order for factory bottom mount bolts to reach threads in roll bar.

Last edited:

Sponsored

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
First go-round I left pods as is. Didn’t sound good so I lined every nook and cranny inside pods with killmat and also perforated the top “grill” with more holes(wider across) so sound comes out completely…..made a huge difference. Tried to add some pollyfill but didn’t change a thing so pulled it right back out. NOTE:
Also, if u have a 2 dr, the spacers that come with pods will need to be shortened about 1/4-3/8” in order for factory bottom mount bolts to reach threads in roll bar.
Why not just use the speaker grills that come with aftermarket speakers? The covers that come with the pods block output.

IMG-1851.jpg

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used polyfil in the rear Mabett 6” pods. Sounds great with bathe bigger speakers and fill. I also used polyfil when upgrading the dash speakers. Cheap, easy, and sound great. Like others have said, doesn’t sound tinny at all.

Dan-O

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why not just use the speaker grills that come with aftermarket speakers? The covers that come with the pods block output.

IMG-1851.jpg
Ya I actually thought of that, but I preferred the stock look with pod cover on plus I figured a bit more protection for the speaker itself👍🏼

Beachbum

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought 6.5" SSV pods with kickers and even though it sounds great and was a huge upgrade once warmer weather arrives I might add some sound proofing.

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Interesting - I get a little buzzing/rattle during certain frequencies. I used dynamat, but perhaps some poly-fil will help.

I’ve been debating on using the covers that came with my Memphis. I too wanted more of a finished/factory look. But, honestly…don’t care that much and the covers actually look slick. Just wasn’t psyched on the exposed wires/harness.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’ve been debating on using the covers that came with my Memphis. I too wanted more of a finished/factory look. But, honestly…don’t care that much and the covers actually look slick. Just wasn’t psyched on the exposed wires/harness.
This was my dilemma as my Infinities had a coax tweeter that stuck out just a bit too far for the mabett cover: use the speaker grill and see the wiring, or cut a hole in the mabett cover. I chose to use a hole saw and preserve a closer-to-OEM look.
Sponsored