First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can you put spacers on top of the ford performance coilover kit? I didn’t think you could but seen on instagram a picture of someone who did. I can’t find the reel but took a screenshot of the post.

IMG_9205.png
Sponsored

Gwolfracing

Base
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't see why you couldn't.

OP
OP
J_wiley2422

J_wiley2422

Outer Banks
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't see why you couldn't.
I’m pretty new to the world of lifted trucks and read somewhere online it was a bad idea to stack. Can you explain so I can understand how it works.

Gwolfracing

Base
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Spacers don't actually increase your down travel, they just move the whole shock down. Since the shock is now lower, but it has the same total travel (in compression), you could run into a situation where you bottom out the shock before you hit the bump stops = bad. It can also change your suspension geometry, which could potentially be a problem. I am no expert, I know many people with spacers that don't have issues, Maybe someone with more knowledge can chime in.

Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you put spacers on top of the ford performance coilover kit? I didn’t think you could but seen on instagram a picture of someone who did. I can’t find the reel but took a screenshot of the post.

Ford Bronco Spacers on top of Ford performance coilover kit IMG_9585
Most likely can be done but not w/o a lot of other things to consider/upgrade if going 2" spacer plus the Ford performance coil over kit...upper control arms, steering rack bushings, tie-rods, front sway bar end links, rear track bar relocation bracket

OP
OP
J_wiley2422

J_wiley2422

Outer Banks
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Most likely can be done but not w/o a lot of other things to consider/upgrade if going 2" spacer plus the Ford performance coil over kit...upper control arms, steering rack bushings, tie-rods, front sway bar end links, rear track bar relocation bracket
Awesome info. Btw I’m not doing this I was just curious. Just sharpening up the ole noggin for later down the road. I do have the 2” ford performance kit,bds control arms, and 35” km3 s. Happy with my setup for the red dirt out here.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome info. Btw I’m not doing this I was just curious. Just sharpening up the ole noggin for later down the road. I do have the 2” ford performance kit,bds control arms, and 35” km3 s. Happy with my setup for the red dirt out here.
Hey Justin, I'm in Tulsa and pretty knowledgeable of the Bronco platform. I can help you out with most things you may need.

OP
OP
J_wiley2422

J_wiley2422

Outer Banks
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Awesome man. I’ll hit you up

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘16 Corvette Z51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Spacers don't actually increase your down travel, they just move the whole shock down. Since the shock is now lower, but it has the same total travel (in compression), you could run into a situation where you bottom out the shock before you hit the bump stops = bad. It can also change your suspension geometry, which could potentially be a problem. I am no expert, I know many people with spacers that don't have issues, Maybe someone with more knowledge can chime in.
That is spot on.

You just push the coil over further into its down-travel at ride height, limiting total down travel, which is bad for off-road stability.

4” of lift is a ton for an IFS vehicle. You start opening the door to further issues like CV wear and tear, or bind, tie rod angles, etc.

I’m happy with my 2” lift, I have the same Ford Performance lift.

When I add a winch, I will be putting a 1/4” topper spacer, to help lift the front 1/2” to compensate.

Sponsored

AccuTune Offroad

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sasquatch 4 Door, Jeep JLUR, Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Luckily (sorta) Broncos dont have a stand alone bump stop like you will see on most vehicles where you can add spacers. The bump stop is on the shock shaft, known as a shaft bumper. So shock bottoming out part is safe. Too long of an extended length on a shock can cause a lot of issues (like discussed above). We've actually found the King front shocks to be too long at full droop so we offer to install a spacer inside to limit the droop slightly. I get it, we all want the most travel, most flex etc... but at what risk? Spacer lifts are ok, within reason.

Some other helpful articles you may enjoy reading through:
https://accutuneoffroad.com/spacer-lift-vs-preload-spacer-vs-coilover-preload/ (referencing a Tacoma/4Runner style front end)

https://accutuneoffroad.com/fox-shocks-vs-king-shocks-ford-bronco/
Sponsored