Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX, Platinum Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had a stock OBX since October of 2022. I thought it was great but this week I had ford performance coilovers added along with some Sasquatch wheels and tires that I scored from a guy that rode them 200 miles. I’m so glad I did it. It’s just the right size. I also added some retractable go rhino side steps. My ground clearance has increased significantly.

Ford Bronco Ford Performance 2" Lift Kit Coilovers for non-SAS Bronco Installed! - Impressions, Review, Photos IMG_3493

IMG_3502.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:
First Name
Clarke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Had the FP Bilsteins installed along with the RockJock trackbar relocation bracket. New shoes will be going on this spring.

Ford Bronco Ford Performance 2" Lift Kit Coilovers for non-SAS Bronco Installed! - Impressions, Review, Photos IMG_3502

Ford Bronco Ford Performance 2" Lift Kit Coilovers for non-SAS Bronco Installed! - Impressions, Review, Photos IMG_3502

What size tire is that already on there. Looks pretty good already with the 2" lift. What size are you planning on getting? Thanks

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What size tire is that already on there. Looks pretty good already with the 2" lift. What size are you planning on getting? Thanks
Those are the stock Grabbers on Black Diamond steelies. Waiting until I can find a discount on wheels. I plan on the 295/70R17 Grabber X3's.

Jviz4u

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ice-Mountain special
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Had the FP Bilsteins installed along with the RockJock trackbar relocation bracket. New shoes will be going on this spring.

Can you explain how RockJock trackbar relocation bracket is improving or adding performance, please? If the after installation of coilovers the aliment in specs does it needed?

Thanks

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can you explain how RockJock trackbar relocation bracket is improving or adding performance, please? If the after installation of coilovers the aliment in specs does it needed?

Thanks
So the lift from the FP is right at the height where a relocation of the trackbar is recommended (2" or higher). Is it needed? Probably not. Is it recommended? Yes. It does provide a more planted and balanced rear. If you are riding on uneven surfaces with the trackbar out of alignment, it will try and compensate on the uneven surface causing bump steer.

I was encountering bump steer even before the lift. There was a specific patch of roadway that I encountered on a daily and the first few times, it caught me by surprise.

Sponsored
First Name
Clarke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Those are the stock Grabbers on Black Diamond steelies. Waiting until I can find a discount on wheels. I plan on the 295/70R17 Grabber X3's.
Just to confirm, are the tires on there right now the 265/70r17s?

Are you able to take more pictures of the car from all angles please? It looks really good even with the stock tires.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just to confirm, are the tires on there right now the 265/70r17s?

Are you able to take more pictures of the car from all angles please? It looks really good even with the stock tires.
Yes. The stock gloss black steelies from the Black Diamond with LT265/70r17 Grabber ATX.

I can take more pictures. Any specific vantage point?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How is the suspension working/driving for you?
Love it. Nearly all the brake dive is eliminated (except when an asshat decides to brake suddenly causing myself to brake heavily). A firmer and planted ride while also swallowing uneven road surfaces. It provided a taller lift (2-dr 2.3L) than other Sasquatch Broncos even with my short Black Diamond Grabbers. Still waiting on a sale to pick up a set of new wheels.

Sponsored

Eliminator

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Love it. Nearly all the brake dive is eliminated (except when an asshat decides to brake suddenly causing myself to brake heavily). A firmer and planted ride while also swallowing uneven road surfaces. It provided a taller lift (2-dr 2.3L) than other Sasquatch Broncos even with my short Black Diamond Grabbers. Still waiting on a sale to pick up a set of new wheels.
Thanks for the feedback. I am considering a mild suspension upgrade for my Black Diamond and thought this could be a good candidate. I was concerned it would be more lift than I desired but your pictures show otherwise; it does not look excessive, even with the stock Grabbers. I’m thinking of pairing it with 33” or 34” tires.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for the feedback. I am considering a mild suspension upgrade for my Black Diamond and thought this could be a good candidate. I was concerned it would be more lift than I desired but your pictures show otherwise; it does not look excessive, even with the stock Grabbers. I’m thinking of pairing it with 33” or 34” tires.
I plan on 34's, but I'm still waiting on a discount for a set of wheels that I have my eye on. The stock Grabbers still get me where I'm going.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks!

Are you set on 295s or have you also considered 285s? I'm just a little bit worried that the non sasquatch bronco isn't designed to handle such a heavy tire.
No concern. People need to calm their fears and quit listening to the chorus to continually upgrade their Bronco. A stripper base on open diffs is plenty capable. Reading through posts on B6G and one would think the Bronco is made from tissue paper.

First Name
Clarke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
No concern. People need to calm their fears and quit listening to the chorus to continually upgrade their Bronco. A stripper base on open diffs is plenty capable. Reading through posts on B6G and one would think the Bronco is made from tissue paper.
Ok cool. The other size you could maybe consider is the 255/80r17 pizza cutter.
Sponsored