Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX/BD Mashup
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have switched my order to a soft top so I am interested in a spare tire cargo basket for the Bronco. Has anyone seen one produced as of yet and if so what vendor? I am sure they will come along at some point similar to this one for the Wrangler. Thanks,
Ford Bronco Spare Tire Cargo Basket Spare Tire Cargo Basket
Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco Spare Tire Cargo Basket IMG_3648

Is that a whole new tailgate bolt on carrier or a retrofit for the existing on the Jeep? Here is a pic of the bronco that I had from Austin.

OP
OP
ChapEJF

ChapEJF

Outer Banks
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Spare Tire Cargo Basket IMG_3648

Is that a whole new tailgate bolt on carrier or a retrofit for the existing on the Jeep? Here is a pic of the bronco that I had from Austin.
This one and most that I have seen are a bolt on to the existing tire carrier. That is what I am interested in. Thanks,

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nobody's making them yet. How much can the Bronco swing gate carry? I have a feeling it's pretty low with the larger factory tires.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ChapEJF

ChapEJF

Outer Banks
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nobody's making them yet. How much can the Bronco swing gate carry? I have a feeling it's pretty low with the larger factory tires.
That is what I suspected. Not sure how much the swing gate can carry but I do suspect we will see an upgraded setup to carry more weight, or at least I hope we do. Thanks,

OP
OP
ChapEJF

ChapEJF

Outer Banks
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

RucRak has an interesting solution. And an option to use the trailer hitch for weight support. They'll be coming out with a Bronco version soon.
Thanks, I took a look at the Rucrak and it should be interesting to see what they come up with for the Bronco. One concern with their current setup is blocking the rear camera. I will check back to see what they come up with, thanks.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks, I took a look at the Rucrak and it should be interesting to see what they come up with for the Bronco. One concern with their current setup is blocking the rear camera. I will check back to see what they come up with, thanks.
They have an interchangeable center plate for camera use 👍🏻

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

RucRak has an interesting solution. And an option to use the trailer hitch for weight support. They'll be coming out with a Bronco version soon.
That looks super cool. But I wouldn't want to open the gate after loading it.

Ideally I'd like something like that but goes straight to the hitch. Use a Yakima BackSwing (or similar) with it.

Although at some point hopefully Ford or the aftermarket will come up with a swing gate reinforcement.

Wandering Hiker

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 CMAX Energi
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've been looking for a solution like this - if only to hold wet life jackets and broken down kayak paddles (or nasty sweaty clothes after working out) outside of the car. It doesn't need to carry Aunt Edna's dead body, though.

Tears5150

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just found a pretty cool solution. I'm not sure if it would ever have a long term affect on the spare tire, but considering the weight limitations, tailgate clearance issue and back up camera location, this might be the best we're gonna get for now.

The company is called American Adventure Lab and they're located in St George, UT.

https://americanadventurelab.com/product/mass-spare-tire-platform-stp/

Ford Bronco Spare Tire Cargo Basket 1643666024678

There's also a mounting bracket option that you can put on each side for jerry cans and recovery boards.

Ford Bronco Spare Tire Cargo Basket 1643666070954
Sponsored