Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OK,

For those that have purchased SS3s and the A-pillar brackets and harness from @4x4TruckLEDs.com , am I missing something?

The harness ordered is a harness for upfitters switches that I learned after it got delivered is "cut to fit"...but then they put the pre-installed connectors on the end that is to be cut....don't really see the advantage of getting this harness to cut off 50% of the harness and then have to use my own connectors...why not either make it the correct length or leave the connectors off.

Or.... at least leave the connectors and harness wrap off of the two wires that need to be trimmed so they can be pulled back leaving the harness cover and backlight wire to extend to parking side marker light?

Had I known this, might have just wired myself.

What am I missing?

17111402681367312138010414687582.jpg
Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Could you elaborate by what you mean? Cut to fit? You don’t have to cut anything - plug them into the lights and crimp the wires onto your upfitter… done

diode dynamic lights always include extra pigtails but you won’t use those - as our harness has the DT connectors already installed

we provide sufficient length so you can route the harness via multiple ways

sone folks go under the cowl - some done - some route it to a switch panel - others router it to the upfitter cable

if you have extra just zip the the extra out of the way

it’s not a bronco specific harness - it our a pillar harness used on a variety of trucks with upfitter sand switches

OP
OP

Mibuckeye

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Could you elaborate by what you mean? Cut to fit? You don’t have to cut anything - plug them into the lights and crimp the wires onto your upfitter… done

diode dynamic lights always include extra pigtails but you won’t use those - as our harness has the DT connectors already installed

we provide sufficient length so you can route the harness via multiple ways

sone folks go under the cowl - some done - some route it to a switch panel - others router it to the upfitter cable

if you have extra just zip the the extra out of the way

it’s not a bronco specific harness - it our a pillar harness used on a variety of trucks with upfitter sand switches
Thanks for the reply!

So I'm not a huge fan of the "just tuck it away" mentality. So I need to cut it so that I don't have a pile of wire sitting around. The fact that it is a universal harness answers my questions, its just not what I thought I was getting. My bad. This would have been great in my Ranger with the upfitter up front!

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You can cut it but it’s not needed - we usually fold the harness onto itself and zip tie it up - it rests against the battery out of the way

we make them way because everybody routes thr wire differently

OP
OP

Mibuckeye

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All installed. Only need about 6 inches past 'Y'. Cut and zip tie harness to firewall. New connectors. Ground connection right above the upfitter connections. Looks completely OEM now.

Also, no need for special mounting brackets to help with the alignment issue of the plastic panels not matching because of the thickness of the wires passing between panels. Just run harness on the inside of the bolts that mount the panel down and back up on the window side of the panel just outside the window seal. There is a perfectly sufficient hole there to route the harness without lifting the panels.

Now to align...

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

All installed. Only need about 6 inches past 'Y'. Cut and zip tie harness to firewall. New connectors. Ground connection right above the upfitter connections. Looks completely OEM now.

Also, no need for special mounting brackets to help with the alignment issue of the plastic panels not matching because of the thickness of the wires passing between panels. Just run harness on the inside of the bolts that mount the panel down and back up on the window side of the panel just outside the window seal. There is a perfectly sufficient hole there to route the harness without lifting the panels.

Now to align...
With the Diode Dynamics lights our bracket is optional but DOES fix the plastic issue, which is common on most trucks from the factory (without anything installed).

We have trucks pulling off the lot where the plastic cowl is separating and sticking up. The mounting bracket helps fix that.

WITHOUT (brand new truck right off the dealership's lot)
Ford Bronco SS3 & 4x4TruckLed harness? 1711201501645-uq

WITH

1711201537438-3w.png
Sponsored