First Name
Jillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi my fellow B6G owners and soon to be owners.

Big thanks to @Diode Dynamics and @chris@pandamotorworks. Super nice people to work with selling great products

Details of kit I purchased:
SS3 white combo sports; amber backlight; oem auxiliary dual 4-pin wiring harness

Tools needed:
T25, T30 bits and accompanying screwdriver or rachet ( you can also use Ford tool kit)
Crimping tool
Plastic pry tools

How to:
-I started by removing the T25 & T30 accessory bolts on each side.
-Then, I used my pry tool to pop loose the button holding cowl tight. Then, loosen cowl. This is to fish the wires through and to later hide the wires.
-Once you get the wires through pull enough slack to connect to the leds. Take the pods’ brackets and pick where you want to to go.
-I used the big washer then the T25 to secure down the bracket. The pods come with a nylon nut for each side, a small washer and 5/32” nut.
-Install in that order. Nylon nut inside hole on each side. Line up with the bracket then tighten down with washer and 5/32” nut.
-Connect the DT plug to leds.
-Put ground connection wherever you like in engine bay. Pic #5 attached.
-Red wire will connect to the auxiliary switch wire you choose. I chose (Aux 6 - yellow/orange).
-The backlight wires can be added a couple ways. T-Tap (they come provided) to headlight assembly’s parking wires, add a fuse, or to another auxiliary switch. I chose the auxiliary option (Aux 5 - blue/orange) as I wanted more control of when they’re running.
-Tuck up your wires with the provided zip ties. You’re done!

The install was pretty simple and set forward.
Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics SS3 backlights Install 34B8FEB3-3D8F-4CE7-B128-29E294B35AAB
Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics SS3 backlights Install EDF84F53-EB97-42B8-A4F2-08FA4CA49C0C
Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics SS3 backlights Install 6D44F9E3-80A5-473B-9383-40035EF4A6DD
Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics SS3 backlights Install CA88949E-F31D-4236-919A-31F22325DB1C
Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics SS3 backlights Install A2D10A5C-9E2D-402D-882D-DF90EE796222
Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics SS3 backlights Install A4ABDE29-9488-42D7-B8A2-39A445DD3A90
Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics SS3 backlights Install 47925215-1DCB-47CB-A354-29B4A49EAEE7

stock lights
Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics SS3 backlights Install 948C91A2-3F84-4D2E-B260-F6CE0892CAA1

With ditch lights & Stock lights. Still needs a little adjustment
Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics SS3 backlights Install 43BEC1C6-68F7-49F4-B760-06855DBDBC12

I hope you’ve enjoyed reading my installation process. Easy for a novice like me.

507EDBDD-B43C-4B35-A810-79589C0982B4.jpeg

A0FE6BCF-312D-4BD4-8D80-3F2419D09285.jpeg
Sponsored

Dr.Ross

Base
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dreadfulobjects.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Sasquatch 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How bright is the amber in daylight?

OP
OP
WldOne

WldOne

Outer Banks
First Name
Jillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How bright is the amber in daylight?
In daylight you can see there is some slight amber showing from the pods, but not very noticeable. I stood about 20 feet back and checked the connection on the ambers before buttoning everything up. That’s what I observed. I can take some pics and post for you.

Sponsored

Dr.Ross

Base
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dreadfulobjects.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Sasquatch 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just wondering if the are brighter than the backlighting on the Rigid Radiance pods

BDSteelies

Black Diamond
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door Velocity Blue BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looks great! I’m loving my Diode Dynamics fog lights as well, thinking I want to add some ditch lights in the future.

Were the lil aux switch labels included or bought separately?

OP
OP
WldOne

WldOne

Outer Banks
First Name
Jillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just wondering if the are brighter than the backlighting on the Rigid Radiance pods
I believe it is very similar in brightness.

OP
OP
WldOne

WldOne

Outer Banks
First Name
Jillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks great! I’m loving my Diode Dynamics fog lights as well, thinking I want to add some ditch lights in the future.

Were the lil aux switch labels included or bought separately?
I picked up the Aux switches from StickerFab. He has a couple different configurations you can choose. I hit the glow in the dark version.

Diode Dynamics

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John C.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Nice job! Fantastic write-up, @WldOne (y)

We're so happy to hear you are loving our SS3 backlit ditch light kit on your Bronco!

If you check your direct messages, we provided more information to be potentially featured on our social media pages (Instagram/Facebook) if you have any interest.

Thank you for supporting Diode Dynamics!

John C.
Diode Dynamics

Sponsored
OP
OP
WldOne

WldOne

Outer Banks
First Name
Jillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nice job! Fantastic write-up, @WldOne (y)

We're so happy to hear you are loving our SS3 backlit ditch light kit on your Bronco!

If you check your direct messages, we provided more information to be potentially featured on our social media pages (Instagram/Facebook) if you have any interest.

Thank you for supporting Diode Dynamics!

John C.
Diode Dynamics
And, thank you!

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi my fellow B6G owners and soon to be owners.

Big thanks to @Diode Dynamics and @chris@pandamotorworks. Super nice people to work with selling great products

Details of kit I purchased:
SS3 white combo sports; amber backlight; oem auxiliary dual 4-pin wiring harness

Tools needed:
T25, T30 bits and accompanying screwdriver or rachet ( you can also use Ford tool kit)
Crimping tool
Plastic pry tools

How to:
-I started by removing the T25 & T30 accessory bolts on each side.
-Then, I used my pry tool to pop loose the button holding cowl tight. Then, loosen cowl. This is to fish the wires through and to later hide the wires.
-Once you get the wires through pull enough slack to connect to the leds. Take the pods’ brackets and pick where you want to to go.
-I used the big washer then the T25 to secure down the bracket. The pods come with a nylon nut for each side, a small washer and 5/32” nut.
-Install in that order. Nylon nut inside hole on each side. Line up with the bracket then tighten down with washer and 5/32” nut.
-Connect the DT plug to leds.
-Put ground connection wherever you like in engine bay. Pic #5 attached.
-Red wire will connect to the auxiliary switch wire you choose. I chose (Aux 6 - yellow/orange).
-The backlight wires can be added a couple ways. T-Tap (they come provided) to headlight assembly’s parking wires, add a fuse, or to another auxiliary switch. I chose the auxiliary option (Aux 5 - blue/orange) as I wanted more control of when they’re running.
-Tuck up your wires with the provided zip ties. You’re done!

The install was pretty simple and set forward.
34B8FEB3-3D8F-4CE7-B128-29E294B35AAB.jpeg
EDF84F53-EB97-42B8-A4F2-08FA4CA49C0C.jpeg
6D44F9E3-80A5-473B-9383-40035EF4A6DD.jpeg
CA88949E-F31D-4236-919A-31F22325DB1C.jpeg
A2D10A5C-9E2D-402D-882D-DF90EE796222.jpeg
A4ABDE29-9488-42D7-B8A2-39A445DD3A90.jpeg
47925215-1DCB-47CB-A354-29B4A49EAEE7.jpeg

stock lights
948C91A2-3F84-4D2E-B260-F6CE0892CAA1.jpeg

With ditch lights & Stock lights. Still needs a little adjustment
43BEC1C6-68F7-49F4-B760-06855DBDBC12.jpeg

I hope you’ve enjoyed reading my installation process. Easy for a novice like me.

507EDBDD-B43C-4B35-A810-79589C0982B4.jpeg

A0FE6BCF-312D-4BD4-8D80-3F2419D09285.jpeg
The backlight wires can be added a couple ways. T-Tap (they come provided) to headlight assembly’s parking wires, add a fuse, or to another auxiliary switch. I chose the auxiliary option (Aux 5 - blue/orange) as I wanted more control of when they’re running.

Good write up....I posted a thread a little while ago about adding some DD fogs with the amber back light. I'm interested in connecting the back light to, as you said above, the headlight assembly's parking wires, which I assume would mean they'd come on anytime I turn on my parking lights, or like when you open a door or use the remote start, those lights come on....but, I'm not sure HOW to make this connection........did you happen to see how this connection is made when you were doing your install?

OP
OP
WldOne

WldOne

Outer Banks
First Name
Jillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good write up....I posted a thread a little while ago about adding some DD fogs with the amber back light. I'm interested in connecting the back light to, as you said above, the headlight assembly's parking wires, which I assume would mean they'd come on anytime I turn on my parking lights, or like when you open a door or use the remote start, those lights come on....but, I'm not sure HOW to make this connection........did you happen to see how this connection is made when you were doing your install?
my kit came the separate lines for the backlight (blue wires). They provided red t-tap connections to be able to t-tap into the headlight’s parking wires. I just didn’t want to go that route. I wasn’t sure about my state laws or desire to always have them running like I see 4Runner’s do with their raptor style lights so I opted to add it as one of my switches.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

my kit came the separate lines for the backlight (blue wires). They provided red t-tap connections to be able to t-tap into the headlight’s parking wires. I just didn’t want to go that route. I wasn’t sure about my state laws or desire to always have them running like I see 4Runner’s do with their raptor style lights so I opted to add it as one of my switches.
Ok thanks.....yea, I'm seeing the DD lights will come with those.....I guess I'm not sure WHERE my headlight parking wires are..but probably not too hard to find.

I see your rig has the plastic bumper with the factory fogs....have you considered the SS3 fog replacement from DD which is a direct replacement for the factory fogs on your bumper? You can get white or amber but either one has the same amber backlight.....would look great with the ones you just installed!

OP
OP
WldOne

WldOne

Outer Banks
First Name
Jillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ok thanks.....yea, I'm seeing the DD lights will come with those.....I guess I'm not sure WHERE my headlight parking wires are..but probably not too hard to find.

I see your rig has the plastic bumper with the factory fogs....have you considered the SS3 fog replacement from DD which is a direct replacement for the factory fogs on your bumper? You can get white or amber but either one has the same amber backlight.....would look great with the ones you just installed!
SoI took some screenshots from a thread showing what the headlight assembly wiring looked like in a manual book. I can send you a pic of what I took.

As far as bumpers go…I’m debating going aftermarket since the HD mod bumper isn’t a simple bolt on for us plastic bumper folks. I do plan to get more Diode Dynamic lights then.
Sponsored