Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

SoI took some screenshots from a thread showing what the headlight assembly wiring looked like in a manual book. I can send you a pic of what I took.

As far as bumpers go…I’m debating going aftermarket since the HD mod bumper isn’t a simple bolt on for us plastic bumper folks. I do plan to get more Diode Dynamic lights then.

Thanks so much!

Yea, I thought that replacement for the factory fog was pretty cool and I'm gonna order it to see if it will work with my capable bumper...I'm sure the light bulb itself is the same, but our housings are slightly different.
Sponsored

kkurni

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do you need to put fuse before connecting 2 backlight (blue) cables into aux cable?

Last edited:
OP
OP
WldOne

WldOne

Outer Banks
First Name
Jillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do you need to put fuse before connecting 2 backlight (blue) cables into aux cable?
Check your PM.

Simple answer I connected the two wires together prior to connecting into Aux wire. …but I went into detail in PM.

patch1103

Wildtrak
First Name
P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU 75th Anniv. Edition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for the great write-up and the pics! Love your license plate by the way... Wahoowa!

OP
OP
WldOne

WldOne

Outer Banks
First Name
Jillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

Coronabronco

Badlands
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Check your PM.

Simple answer I connected the two wires together prior to connecting into Aux wire. …but I went into detail in PM.
Hey can you send me this info too please???

OP
OP
WldOne

WldOne

Outer Banks
First Name
Jillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do you have the instructions???
Use the one of the t-taps they provided to connect one backlight wire to the other. Then, take that wire and use a butt connector to connect into whichever aux switch you want.
magbe it could’ve been done cleaner or better, but I’m a newbie with wiring so it’s the best I could come up with.
Everything still works and runs right months later.

Brad Fx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like @WldOne mentioned, the Diode Dynamics harness has two red t-tap connectors for the backlight wires. If using the SS3s as ditch lights, the passenger side backlight wire is too short to reach the Bronco upfitter wires. I used the provided t-tap to connect the passenger SS3 backlight wire to the driver side backlight wire. I then connected the driver backlight wire to the aux switch wire I wanted to use, #6.
It works, but @Diode Dynamics is that fine?

I also installed 2 SSC1s on the modular bumper. Same experience with the passenger wire, too short so t-tapped it into driver side backlight wire like I did with the SS3s.
Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics SS3 backlights Install 804DAE12-1853-48D1-9D5A-D2A61BF55007

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
WldOne

WldOne

Outer Banks
First Name
Jillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here’s a short video of them in action.

OP
OP
WldOne

WldOne

Outer Banks
First Name
Jillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Like @WldOne mentioned, the Diode Dynamics harness has two red t-tap connectors for the backlight wires. If using the SS3s as ditch lights, the passenger side backlight wire is too short to reach the Bronco upfitter wires. I used the provided t-tap to connect the passenger SS3 backlight wire to the driver side backlight wire. I then connected the driver backlight wire to the aux switch wire I wanted to use, #6.

I also installed 2 SSC1s on the modular bumper. Same experience with the passenger wire, too short so t-tapped it into driver side backlight wire like I did with the SS3s.
Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics SS3 backlights Install IMG_6560.MOV
Yep this is exactly what I did. Now, I have found out 4x4truckled has a different harness with a cleaner backlight but connector instead of t-tap wires.
I’m going to buy this this summer and re-wire the lights up for a cleaner look.

Diode Dynamics

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John C.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Ford Bronco Diode Dynamics SS3 backlights Install IMG_6560.MOV
Yes, this is ok to do for obtaining power for the passenger side backlight.

According to our customer service team, it's been the common route for users for quite some time.

However, I am going to note the length concern for the passenger side backlight wire to our engineering team this upcoming Friday during our team meeting.

Thank you all for your feedback!

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, this is ok to do for obtaining power for the passenger side backlight.

According to our customer service team, it's been the common route for users for quite some time.
This really isn't an acceptable solution to expect customers to figure out a workaround for a wiring harness that should be plug-n-play. People pay for the "kit" and that kit should already be designed such that the lights are plugged in and the power/negative leads are attached.

I just unpacked my kit and I'm missing hardware to mount the lights on the brackets. And you sent 2 different wiring harnesses. I have no idea what to use and your YouTube channel doesn't have the complete install. I'm left to watch other channels to try and piece together a how-to install on the kit.

You may make assumptions that people have experience in retrofitting harnesses, but that is a poor assumption to make. I shouldn't have to buy a third harness from another vendor to accomplish the install. If I would have known your harness wasn't plug-n-play, I would have just bought the lights and harness from another vendor separate.
Sponsored